"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #9061
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
You are wise to let Violet keep Joie's toys. I really do believe that animals also go through a time of grieving. This is Violet's way. She is letting you know that she misses her playmate and friend also. Just don't be too quick to take them away from her. Give her time. She may even make them her own toys. How many of your father's belongings have you made your own? Should you decide to sell and move, those toys may just be the only items left for Violet to remember her friend.
Wise words, Addie. Thank you. She can keep them as long as she likes!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #9062
Chef Extraordinaire

Anybody got any 'gitupandgo'? I have the git up but am lacking the go. I do have the git up for a cup of coffee, go to the outhouse, little things that don't matter. Self serving stuff. I did manage to get the trash done and new bags in the waste baskets. I also swept the kitchen floor. A whole 20 second chore. Now I am exhausted. I need to give the kitchen floor a quick wipe for some spots of spilled coffee. I am afraid my go got up and is gone. I did check my sugar reading again. Four days in a row. A new record for me.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #9063
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I just placed my first ever online grocery order. It should arrive tomorrow between 10 and 11h. That injury to my thumb and index finger are keeping me from driving and Stirling doesn't drive.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #9064
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I just placed my first ever online grocery order. It should arrive tomorrow between 10 and 11h. That injury to my thumb and index finger are keeping me from driving and Stirling doesn't drive.
I understand completely. Due to arthritis, the thumb and index finger on my right hand are useless. The same for the left hand. It does make it difficult and sometimes impossible to do some tasks.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #9065
Chef Extraordinaire

Good morning everyone

It has cooled down a bit overnight which is lovely!

Today I have to head to the shops again to get some bits and pieces, then a relaxing afternoon in
Old 02-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #9066
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Taxy, I didn't read until now about your injury. Sorry to hear it. Like Addie, I suffer from arthritis and totally understand about hand pain. There are times when I can't even type here (and voice recognition is useless for me because of my raspy throat. We have tried several).

I am hoping to start using online grocery ordering from an organic co-op soon. Our friends use it and find it not too expensive and great quality. You can even pool orders so you would get a 50 pound sack of say potatoes and then split it with however many people.

I hope you heal soon. Not being able to drive is very difficult (I am rarely doing it lately), not to mention everything being more difficult.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #9067
Executive Chef

Wink

Quote:
oooh taxy oooh! i've been months waiting for someone to come along with whom to share my delivery grocery adventures and tales! i'm so glad it's you, taxy. it's gonna be such fun! if your experience with ordering groceries online is even 1/2 as fabulous as mine continues to be, you may never want to visit another supermarket in life! well, maybe once in a while, just for that forgotten item or two...

and taxy, get this---call it serendipity or whatever you will, but my grocery order goes in today too! i place my orders on monday by midnight, and they are delivered tuesday afternoons. so, we can talk about our food finds (and our peeves) as we unpack our totes tomorrow. although so far, i can find hardly a thing to complain about. one of the first nice surprises for me was, and it was a biggie-- finding out that other people CAN do my food shopping for me--even better than i had been doing it myself! hard to believe, but true...and it is fun shopping! oh taxy, i hope you think so too, i can't wait!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #9068
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Laurie, you have been too occupied with Joie and losing him to be paying attention to my little injuries. I found a couple of places that deliver organic food to the 'burbs, but their websites are driving me buggy. This is Canada, will you please put the price in kgs, not lbs.

Vit, so I take it you are enjoying the order-groceries-online experience. I'll see how it goes. I foresee one problem: I can't read the ingredients from the website. I only ordered produce and stuff that I know the ingredients. I find that kinda stop-gap, 'cause so many items change the ingredients and I would only find out after buying it that now it contains, e.g., unfermented soy. Man that soy shows up in everything. There's soy lecithin in lots of chocolate, even Lindt!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #9069
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Good morning everyone

It has cooled down a bit overnight which is lovely!

Today I have to head to the shops again to get some bits and pieces, then a relaxing afternoon in
Make sure you eat your corn flakes at home this time.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #9070
Chef Extraordinaire

I think my gitupandgo has returned. I had the git up but was lacking the go. Since then I have vacuumed two rooms, made a large pork chop (delicious) but couln't finish it all. Just too large. Teddy will have a feast tonight. Cleaned the kitchen. While cleaning the back room, I got aggravated all over again. I have a wonderful habit of not checking pockets and when I shake out the laundry, wet tissue goes flying all over the place. So when I was vacuuming, I was thinking all the white things on the rug were pieces of tissue. Nope. PAINT. It is a wonder the painter got any on the walls. In the middle of vacuuming, I noticed that I was going over everything twice or more. I checked. No suction. The hose was clear. The bag wasn't full. I took a look at the foam filter. I am lucky I didn't burn out the motor. The dust was about a half inch thick. So glad no one was here to see it.

My next project is to clean the bottom of my windows. You need a professional window washer to do the top. Standing on my red stool, I can reach the top of the bottom sash. No one under ten feet can reach the top of the top sash even standing on a stool. They need a ladder or a squeegie. It is up to management to take care of that. I don't care if the top completely blocks out the light. I am not going to try and clean it and I'm certainly not going to pay someone. Right now I need to clean off my computer desk. There are cup rings all over it.

« Petty Vents | - »