What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yeah, a kitchen gadget.
I've been meaning to pick up a mellon baller. I can't remember what it is I make that I wanted one for... I know I've made it a few times... I'm sure whatever it is I'll be wishing I had a mellon baller again.

No new tracks through there, Andy, so I haven't checked the camera.

And you don't even want to see my wish list at Amazon, lol.
Mostly stuff I don't really need. I'm glad it's in my wish list rather than me buying it.

Thank you friends, for the kind comments. My niece and nephew had most of the arrangements preplanned. The funeral is on Friday.

When I shop on Amazon I put things on my Wish List as I see them. Then when I do find something I'd like to have right away I look through my Wish List and add some of the smaller items to get up to $35. I really try to avoid paying shipping.

Excellent idea, Thanks Carol!!!

Thanks again for your good wishes :)

vit, I read an article recently about buying staples regularly from Amazon, like paper towels, toilet paper, etc. Or maybe you could stock up on staples like canned tomatoes, chicken broth, etc. They have become almost like a membership store with more variety.

Shampoo, dish soap...my mind is boggling. Thank you ladies for turning on my logic brain today.

Oh yeah, a kitchen gadget.
I've been meaning to pick up a mellon baller. I can't remember what it is I make that I wanted one for... I know I've made it a few times... I'm sure whatever it is I'll be wishing I had a mellon baller again.

No new tracks through there, Andy, so I haven't checked the camera.

And you don't even want to see my wish list at Amazon, lol.
Mostly stuff I don't really need. I'm glad it's in my wish list rather than me buying it.

Well, my wish list is things I would like to have but don't want to pay the shipping to get it. I don't NEED them. I WANT them. For example, someone here mentioned Silpat. I didn't know what it was, so I googled it and now it's on my wishlist. I don't need it right away, so I will add it when I see something I want right now.

Thanks again for your good wishes :)

vit, I read an article recently about buying staples regularly from Amazon, like paper towels, toilet paper, etc. Or maybe you could stock up on staples like canned tomatoes, chicken broth, etc. They have become almost like a membership store with more variety.

Sorry to hear you were hospitalized, GG. Hope you're feeling better.

Your post reminded me I've been wanting to try Kelp Noodles but can't find them in the local stores. I can add them to my Amazon wish list!

Last edited:
I have several Amazon wish lists. I have one at Lee Valley Tools. I used it recently when they had a free shipping event.

Over the years I have kept a wish list on my fridge. Every time one of the kids would come over they would look at it and come present time, would compare notes with the other kids and decide who would get what. Sometimes, I would pick something off the list to fill out an Amazon order so that I wouldn't pay shipping. I would then cross it off the list. The list has been ever evolving. I would put the item # with the item so that the kids would know exactly what I wanted. This list has saved many a disappointment and frustration. :angel:

thanks guys, for coming up with s bunch of neat ideas to help round out my amazon order. small kitchen gadgets, *want, not need* items, gourmet and stock items, are all practical ideas and/or appealing ones, to ensure a satisfying shopping experience. after all, shopping is ever much more fun when you are pleased with your purchase, instead of feeling bummed about the money you just spent..... .

I'm still taking care of my motherlode of food. I'm almost done.

Food has been cooked, frozen, and dinner tonght is set up.

i froze the last of the picnic pork and used to bones to cook a pot of baby lima beans.

I cut up the loaf of french bread and set half of it up to make pizza for dinner.

I think I'm done!

thanks guys, for coming up with s bunch of neat ideas to help round out my amazon order. small kitchen gadgets, *want, not need* items, gourmet and stock items, are all practical ideas and/or appealing ones, to ensure a satisfying shopping experience. after all, shopping is ever much more fun when you are pleased with your purchase, instead of feeling bummed about the money you just spent..... .

Well I'll have to find something else to add to my Amazon order just to get the item I want :mad:
I just stumbled into what they call an "add on" item. I've never seen this before. It's apparently an item they have... and it ships free with Prime... but you need to have $25 worth of other "qualifying" items in your cart to get the add on item. Otherwise they keep the item for your next order, provided you have $25 worth of qualifying stuff in that order.
And the only stinkin' item I even want is that $3.79 item! What the heck is this now? Why can't they just ship it with the other $15.93 items in my cart?
I wish I could remember what I wanted that mellon baller for... I'd add one in with my order.

Well I'll have to find something else to add to my Amazon order just to get the item I want :mad:
I just stumbled into what they call an "add on" item. I've never seen this before. It's apparently an item they have... and it ships free with Prime... but you need to have $25 worth of other "qualifying" items in your cart to get the add on item. Otherwise they keep the item for your next order, provided you have $25 worth of qualifying stuff in that order.
And the only stinkin' item I even want is that $3.79 item! What the heck is this now? Why can't they just ship it with the other $15.93 items in my cart?
I wish I could remember what I wanted that mellon baller for... I'd add one in with my order.

I went to order some WineAway, which was an add-on. Fine, when I ordered a total of 5 bottles of WineAway, it totaled more than $25, so was no longer considered an "add-on". I didn't have to order anything else.

I ordered an add-on item once. These are things that are not cost effective to ship by themselves with shipping charges. Is it something you can't find anywhere else?

Thank you friends, for the kind comments. My niece and nephew had most of the arrangements preplanned. The funeral is on Friday.

When I shop on Amazon I put things on my Wish List as I see them. Then when I do find something I'd like to have right away I look through my Wish List and add some of the smaller items to get up to $35. I really try to avoid paying shipping.

meatballs? dumplings? cookies? pumpkins? avocados/tomatoes?

hmmm, meatballs... maybe, Vit. Maybe small uniform meatballs. Even using a spoon to scoop with they seem to grow in size.

A year for add on items? I'm surprised I haven't run into one before.
And I can't find one locally. It's a special bit for a Dremel tool. The local Ace has a great selection, but not every one they make. And of course it's about half the price at Amazon.

I just can't believe I haven't run into one before.

I ran into an ad-on item when I finally found the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Handles, I got them and two refills each, I was still $4 short of the $35 free shipping, it popped up an ad-on suggestion for a tub o'Regular Mr Clean Magic Erasers that covered that and I got my free shipping. It also offered me coupons on two items.

I ran into an ad-on item when I finally found the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Handles, I got them and two refills each, I was still $4 short of the $35 free shipping, it popped up an ad-on suggestion for a tub o'Regular Mr Clean Magic Erasers that covered that and I got my free shipping. It also offered me coupons on two items.

You can never have too many magic erasers!

Back
Top Bottom