"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #9201
Executive Chef

i'm trying to figure out the proper response to news of dennis rodman bonding over basketball with north korean leader kim jong un. i hear they are now friends for life. i wonder, how does ahmadimejad feel about basketball....

Old 03-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #9202
Chef Extraordinaire

Well here I am. Sitting in the hospital texting off my phone. Yesterday just before mass was ending. I had a terrible pain in my right upper stomach. I got real dizzy. Broke out into a cold sweat & they tell me I turned white as a sheet. After being home about an hour the pain continued to increase. Under my disagreemnt dh insisted we go to ER. I had a ct scan. They said it was unlikely symptons but it may be my appendix.

A couple hours later the ER doc came in with the bad news. They found a spot on my liver. A large growth behind my kidney. Cysts on my ovaries & a small spot on my lung. So here. I am admitted to the hospital. Now I can t sleep anymord waiting for them to come & get me for a mri. Ultra sound & biopsy. Funny how ones life can be turned upside down in a matter of minutes. They have me in the oncology unit which worries me.

I feel so bad for my mom. She just went through all of this with my now deceased sister 3 years ago. She is still living with us recovering from her back surgery. She is a wreck.

Will keep you all posted

Old 03-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #9203
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
i'm trying to figure out the proper response to news of dennis rodman bonding over basketball with north korean leader kim jong un. i hear they are now friends for life. i wonder, how does ahmadimejad feel about basketball....
I'm pretty sure my response would be .
Old 03-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #9204
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Well here I am. Sitting in the hospital texting off my phone. Yesterday just before mass was ending. I had a terrible pain in my right upper stomach. I got real dizzy. Broke out into a cold sweat & they tell me I turned white as a sheet. After being home about an hour the pain continued to increase. Under my disagreemnt dh insisted we go to ER. I had a ct scan. They said it was unlikely symptons but it may be my appendix.

A couple hours later the ER doc came in with the bad news. They found a spot on my liver. A large growth behind my kidney. Cysts on my ovaries & a small spot on my lung. So here. I am admitted to the hospital. Now I can t sleep anymord waiting for them to come & get me for a mri. Ultra sound & biopsy. Funny how ones life can be turned upside down in a matter of minutes. They have me in the oncology unit which worries me.

I feel so bad for my mom. She just went through all of this with my now deceased sister 3 years ago. She is still living with us recovering from her back surgery. She is a wreck.

Will keep you all posted
So sorry to hear about your bad news Hope you get well soon and your test come back with good results

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #9205
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post

Will keep you all posted

Oh no .... oh Simon ...

Please keep us posted ... lots of hugs and prayers and warm wishes are being sent your way.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #9206
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

On No!!! Get some rest, all my best wishes and thoughts are aimed to you today! Hugs
Old 03-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #9207
Chef Extraordinaire

Take care of yourself first. All of us are pulling for you. Don't worry about being on the oncology floor. It might just be that it was the only floor that had an open bed. Prayers are on their way right now. And I know it is foolish to say, but try not to worry. Let us do that for you.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #9208
Head Chef

Gosh, SB. So sorry to hear of all this - Here comes a barrage of sympathy and wishes for better news from your friends here. We're all pulling for you.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #9209
Chef Extraordinaire

+1 +2 +3
Best wishes for positive results, SB. Take care.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #9210
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
+1 +2 +3
Best wishes for positive results, SB. Take care.
What she said.

Sending positive, healing vibes in your direction SB.