What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In Mass. emergency personnel HAVE to respond to every call. That is the law! Almost every town and city in this state has 911E. The "E" stands for "Enhanced." It means as soon as their phone rings, the home owner's address shows up on their screen. But only if you have a land line. They can switch screens and see who lives in the home also. If one of the occupants has an arrest record, the information shows up "RED" on their screen. Then certain licensed 911 operators can switch to another screen to see if this family has a history of violence in the home. Then regardless of what the emergency is for, they will send more than one police vehicle along with other needed equipment.

How do I know all this? Because I have been trained and certified as a 911 and 911E operator. I also worked for a company that developed and installs the software for both programs.

When they were rehabbing this building, the front door of the school was located on Moore Street. They moved the door around the corner to another street. But the legal address remained the same. What used to be the front door is now a two story plate glass window in my small room with three steps leading up to it. I can't tell you how many times the ambulance, fire and police have walked up the steps to my window.

For those who work in this part of Boston on a regular basis, they now know where the front door is located. I no longer have to stand in the window and point to around the corner. :angel:

I'm recuperating after a trip to Costco. The trip to Costco was after meeting dragnlaw for lunch. I really enjoyed meeting her. We went to an Indian market afterwards. CWS will know which one we went to. They were still selling "guva". :LOL:

I think I'll go back to doing what I was doing before I logged into DC to goof off. I'll be busy with a very serious and important job for a while. What is that? Why scratching my cat, of course!

Attachments

• 2014-03-19 14.44.02.jpg
    2014-03-19 14.44.02.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 153
My SIL stopped by with a big helping of eggplant parm for me. Of course you know it was a bribe for me to do his resume. I seem to be the keeper of family documents in the computer.

I think my daughter is going to have to quit work. She is not handling it all very well. It is just too stressful for her. So he is going to come out of retirement so he can earn more money. :angel:

Bea, I don't think I have a lock that needs a master key... or vice versa.
I had another key made this morning and that one works in all my doors, so I have no clue what's up with that other key.

Bea, I don't think I have a lock that needs a master key... or vice versa.
I had another key made this morning and that one works in all my doors, so I have no clue what's up with that other key.
It's probably a case of the devil is in the details. It might not be filed quite enough or one notch may be off by just a teensy bit. Last keys I had made wouldn't work at all even though they looked identical. The locksmith filed them a bit and now they work fine.

But, but...I thought those courses WERE work? See, you were working before you were there! :LOL: Just so long as you didn't show up at the office in jammies...

Hah! I wish, nope on my own time. I don't need any hours anyway, have them all for the year already, but no problem, I read the articles and lessons, may as well take the tests.

It's probably a case of the devil is in the details. It might not be filed quite enough or one notch may be off by just a teensy bit. Last keys I had made wouldn't work at all even though they looked identical. The locksmith filed them a bit and now they work fine.

Yes, probably one pin or notch that's off just enough...

I'm recuperating after a trip to Costco. The trip to Costco was after meeting dragnlaw for lunch. I really enjoyed meeting her. We went to an Indian market afterwards. CWS will know which one we went to. They were still selling "guva". :LOL:

Is she majestic with magnificent wings like Ramoth???

I'm enjoying some Balderson's 2 year old cheddar. One of the best cheeses around. I had to take lactaid, and will probably get a headache or migraine, but it is sure worth it! :LOL:

I'm waiting for Stirling to finish his coffee and wake up enough to do stuff. I am going to drive him to a walk-in clinic.

Last night he coughed. He heard a popping noise. He felt a horrible, stabbing pain in his side. It's worse if he coughs. It's still there this morning.

I had him talk to a nurse at Info-Santé (provincial health info service). She said it could be a number of things. He should get to a clinic or the hospital soon, but it's not an emergency. She told him signs to look for that would mean it was an emergency. If those happen, call 911 or if he's at the hospital tell a doctor right away.

So, when coffee is finished, we'll see if Stirling needs help getting dressed and then it's off to the clinic, the one across the street from the hospital. It's not the closest clinic, but the one I like.

I'm just sitting here :wacko:

Earlier today I took a drive to pick up a small blast booth for the compressor I bought a couple nights ago.
Note to self: If I go to the Tractor Supply that is 30 minutes south of me and not the one by the mall, wear cammo.
Additional note to self: I haven't worn cammo in at least 15 years. Buy larger sized cammo :rolleyes:

So now my pistol is all ready for me to start finishing it with a rust blue treatment like my other one I showed. This one I am starting with a matte finish, which is why I needed a bead blaster. It hides imperfections, cleans all the old finish off and doesn't require near the work in polishing. Surprisingly, there isn't one gunsmith shop around that bead blasts. And I felt more comfortable doing it myself anyway. I've come too far to let someone screw it up.

Here it is after initial polishing and fitting. Making sure everything fits before I give it a final finish.

And my new toys... I mean tools in my shed. You know I've had that sweeper since before 1976. Talk about hoarding, but it was perfect for sucking the dust out of the blast booth using the provided hole. And what do I care if the fine glass bead dust ruins it.

Pac, that is looking super! What a difference the blasting makes. Your work on softening the sharp edges makes a big difference. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Thanks, Andy.
I need to bead blast something else now. I was surprised how nice it came out and want to do it again, lol.

Finally got back from the clinic. Stirling hurt just getting into and out of the car. The doctor sent him for X-rays and sure 'nuff, he has a broken rib! From coughing! There's nothing to do about it except be careful. They don't even recommend wrapping the rib cage anymore. Too many people don't cough when they are wrapped and get pneumonia. Poor dear.

Back
Top Bottom