What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally got back from the clinic. Stirling hurt just getting into and out of the car. The doctor sent him for X-rays and sure 'nuff, he has a broken rib! From coughing! There's nothing to do about it except be careful. They don't even recommend wrapping the rib cage anymore. Too many people don't cough when they are wrapped and get pneumonia. Poor dear.

Oh, taxy, I'm so sorry. That happened to a friend of mine. Did they at least give him some pain meds? Or something to help him sleep?

Oh, taxy, I'm so sorry. That happened to a friend of mine. Did they at least give him some pain meds? Or something to help him sleep?
Thanks GG. Nope, no pain meds, but we have AC&C (aspirin with codeine and caffeine). If that isn't good enough, he'll call our GP and ask her to fax a 'script to the pharmacy. I'm still boggled that he could break a rib by coughing.

I learned a new term in French today. Omni-practicien(ne) = General practitioner. I like that term.

Thanks GG. Nope, no pain meds, but we have AC&C (aspirin with codeine and caffeine). If that isn't good enough, he'll call our GP and ask her to fax a 'script to the pharmacy. I'm still boggled that he could break a rib by coughing.

I learned a new term in French today. Omni-practicien(ne) = General practitioner. I like that term.

Did they at least give him anything for the coughing? I would say give him a hug, but not this time. A kiss on the cheek will do just fine. :angel:

Thanks, Linda.
And Stirling broke a rib from coughing?! That must have been some cough.

Both my mother and I broke ribs coughing. It is not pleasant at all and they don't want to give you too much for the cough because it could keep congestion in the chest.

I'm still nursing sciatica, but it is better than all the other stuff I have been through. I did make it to the pool for my walk (thanks to PF). It is mainly bad when I sit so I am getting some things done then laying down for a quick rest.

I am also watching the women's world curling championship, where Canada is in good shape for a gold medal

Last edited:
Amazing. I had no idea a person could break a rib coughing.
Note to self: Do not cough. Ever.

Amazing. I had no idea a person could break a rib coughing.
Note to self: Do not cough. Ever.

Yes, cough! DH and I both have had broken ribs. The pain is horrible.

Taxy, please give Stirling our best for quick healing!

So now my pistol is all ready for me to start finishing it with a rust blue treatment like my other one I showed. This one I am starting with a matte finish, which is why I needed a bead blaster. It hides imperfections, cleans all the old finish off and doesn't require near the work in polishing. Surprisingly, there isn't one gunsmith shop around that bead blasts. And I felt more comfortable doing it myself anyway. I've come too far to let someone screw it up.

Here it is after initial polishing and fitting. Making sure everything fits before I give it a final finish.

It's beautiful, Pac!

pac, the gun is looking really nice. Can't wait for pics of the finished product. BTW, "Springfield Armory" is about an hour from our house.

...The doctor sent him for X-rays and sure 'nuff, he has a broken rib! From coughing!...
Poor Stirling...and poor you taxy. Unless he's a really easy when he's sick. This broken-rib-from-coughing seems to be going around this year. Hope he's not hurting really soon.

Thanks, Fi, CG.

This SA is in IL, CG. At least that's what it says on the pistol, Geneseo, IL or something. You might have the "real" SA armory in MA. The one that produced military weapons.

Pac, you are bringing a whole new meaning to guns for me - works of art. The time and love you put into them makes you a true artist...remember though, this is from someone who likes to play with her food! :LOL: But seriously, that is a thing of beauty.

Speaking of playing with food, I am down to crunch time on my "Frozen" themed cake and nothing is going well. I for got to get milk so have to interrupt it all for a shopping trip.

Last edited:
Pac, you are bringing a whole new meaning to guns for me - works of art. The time and love you put into them makes you a true artist...remember though, this is from someone who likes to play with her food! :LOL: But seriously, that is a thing of beauty.

Speaking of playing with food, I am down to crunch time on my "Frozen" themed cake and nothing is going well. I for got to get milk so have to interrupt it all for a shopping trip.

Well, they aren't cakes... but you know I hate flour :LOL:

I just finished bending and finagling four large semi-thawed snow crab clusters into my crab steaming pan. Life in the fat lane :ermm:

I just ordered a digital food thermometer. It has an 8" probe, shuts itself off (I always forget) and is waterproof. The reviews are mostly 5 star. It reads quickly and has a large readout so you can see it easily.

The last digital one I had I got at BB&B for about $10. I forgot to shut it off the first time I used it and it died. :angel:

I just ordered a digital food thermometer. It has an 8" probe, shuts itself off (I always forget) and is waterproof. The reviews are mostly 5 star. It reads quickly and has a large readout so you can see it easily.

The last digital one I had I got at BB&B for about $10. I forgot to shut it off the first time I used it and it died. :angel:

Looking forward to seeing it in use.

Looking forward to seeing it in use.

I will give a review. I really do try to take care of my cooking tools. But food thermometers are my nemeses. And I am forever burning myself when I go to check something in the oven. I am always afraid to pull the rack out far enough, so I reach far in and end up with a small burn. :angel:

I am taking a break from my cake. It is all baked, icing made, sugar decorations made and I am just allowing the cakes to rest and settle before cutting and carving. I am hoping to do it tonight, but it looks more like it will be early in the morning. I have until 5 pm and once it is carved, it only needs to be iced and the decorations added.

So, I am doing a last check here at DC, going to play on my computer game and then go to bed.

'Night all! :)

Back
Top Bottom