What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been glued to my computer today doing some research for a series of documents I have to write...for a bit of comic relief, Alma has been perked on the "shelf" under my Mission Oak library table...she's been giving me a peck every now and again. I don't know of anyone else who works with a chicken in her office...Alma is recovering from...I don't know what. I went out on Monday and she couldn't stand. I brought her inside, nothing broken, etc. She's eating and drinking, but she still isn't walking or standing, much. But she is perched about 8 inches off the ground, so that is definitely a sign she's getting better...wondering if one of the older girls pushed her off her perch at night...I really need a webcam out there...

Sounds like she is getting strength in her legs if she is hold onto a perch. :angel:

That is a good series. There were only somewhere like seven books the movies are based on. But I don't see why some writers can't add to the series. After all Earle Stanley Gardner only wrote some many Perry Mason books and look at how far that went. :angel:

They're based on a series of books by Robert B. Parker who's best known for the Spenser series (Spenser For Hire on TV).

That is a good series. There were only somewhere like seven books the movies are based on. But I don't see why some writers can't add to the series. After all Earle Stanley Gardner only wrote some many Perry Mason books and look at how far that went. :angel:

Yes, it's a very good series of movies. I've never been a TS fan, but he fits this part to a T.
There was one on yesterday I hadn't seen before. And there are two I just put in my Netflix DVD queue. That should wrap it up. Unless he makes more.

Fixin' to call my mechanic to get a good recommendation from him for an auto body shop. Ugh. Someone backed into me in the Taco Bell parking lot over the weekend. :mad: I saw it coming and was laying on the horn - she never heard me. She also never heard the witness who saw the whole thing and was honking his horn to get her attention. Sheesh....

Minimal damage, thank goodness.

Wow. That stinks, Cheryl.
I was sitting in a parking lot before when someone backed right into me. Same thing, laying on the horn because I saw it coming. Some drivers are oblivious.

Bummer Cheryl. I'm glad it was only minimal damage and you weren't injured. Was the dingbat listening to the radio or head phones too loud?

Thanks, all. :flowers: I *think* she could have been on her cellphone, but didn't see it so can't be sure. She is a traveling nurse from a neighboring city and admitted to not being sure whether to turn north or south onto the boulevard.

It did more damage to her 2014 Mercedes than it did to my 10 year old Camry! :ermm: :ohmy:

Just got back from 6 very long days, 3 in Utah near Zion State Park for a niece's graduation and WAY too much family time, and 2.5 days in Vegas, where food is great and extremely expensive. We saw Absinthe, which was wonderful, and Penn and Teller, which was crappy. Get to pick up Beagle from the kennel tomorrow.

I am sitting here giggling to myself thinking about the bobby pins turning into wire coat hangers. That is priceless. As you can tell, it doesn't take much to amuse me. I have to get a life. I will if it ever gets warm again. :angel:

Just got back from 6 very long days, 3 in Utah near Zion State Park for a niece's graduation and WAY too much family time, and 2.5 days in Vegas, where food is great and extremely expensive. We saw Absinthe, which was wonderful, and Penn and Teller, which was crappy. Get to pick up Beagle from the kennel tomorrow.

Were you able to go out to Zion? We loved it there! Too bad about the Penn and Teller show ? and the high priced eats in Vegas. I noticed that any time you eat in a hotel the food is over priced except for some buffets. I bet Beagle will be glad to see you!

Were you able to go out to Zion? We loved it there! Too bad about the Penn and Teller show dde1e and the high priced eats in Vegas. I noticed that any time you eat in a hotel the food is over priced except for some buffets. I bet Beagle will be glad to see you!

Yes, Bunny, Zion was gorgeous! I'll try to post some pics in Random Photos, providing some of mine turned out! The Vegas strip was fascinating with all the goings-on and people. We don't gamble, but there was tons of other stuff to see and do. DH and I share entrees, we would never be able to justify $58 pp for a buffet. We discussed it, and agreed neither of us could eat that much!

The Bellagio, where we stayed, has a beautiful fountain show set to music, our room was right over top of it. Cool place.

Last edited:
Isn't Zion amazing??! My family and I used to go camping near Zion and Bryce Canyon when I was growing up. It's incredible!

The water fountains at the Bellagio are pretty spectacular...glad you got to see them. Did you get a chance to walk through the botanical gardens? :wub: We spent a lot of time just on the Bellagio grounds last time I was there.

Sorry to hear that Penn and Teller wasn't what you expected. I've never seen their show. Kind of a letdown, I'm sure, you seemed excited to see them and put some work into booking the show. Glad you're back safe and sound, and I'm sure Beagle will be so happy to see you! :)

Thanks Cheryl! Loved Zion. DH's parents are both in their 80‘s, and on canes, so we couldn't venture too far into the park, but we saw lots of mule deer and beautiful rock formations.

We will stay at Bellagio again. The tulips were in bud and about ready to pop in the conservatory, would have loved to see them in bloom.

Wished I'd booked Seinfeld instead of P&T. Zombie Burlesque sounded fun too. DH wasn't too thrilled when I suggested we could go to the Chippendale show since we were already at the Rio for P&T. :huh:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom