What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I rented a concrete saw at Home Depot over the weekend and just realized they didn't credit me the $100 deposit I left on my on my CC. I was just going through my CC statement on line and just noticed this.

Tonight is the condo association's annual meeting. I'm putting off prepping to give the treasurer's report. Maybe after lunch...

I was up for re-election to the Board of Trustees tonight. Usually there is no opposition but two different residents expressed an interest in running for a seat on the Board. All candidates prepared a brief statement to describe their qualifications/reason for running.

When the other candidates realized I was the opposition, they both withdrew because, as one said at the meeting tonight, "Even though I'm running, I'm going to vote for you because you're awesome!". I was re-elected by acclamation.

I told SO when I got home. She was not impressed and I have come back to earth once again.

That's OK Andy. We who have never met you still think you're pretty AND awesome. ;)

I'm listening to baseball! :w00t: In spite of raining out in Oakland all day and then some, the clouds parted and the sun came out about an hour before the game started. That's because I've heard it mentioned that baseball is the only game created by God. Hope he's an Indians fan. :angel:

That's OK Andy. We who have never met you still think you're pretty AND awesome. ;)

I'm deeply moved! Thanks

...That's because I've heard it mentioned that baseball is the only game created by God. Hope he's an Indians fan. :angel:

Based on the Indians' record over the past several years, I'd suggest you might want to rethink that.

I was up for re-election to the Board of Trustees tonight. Usually there is no opposition but two different residents expressed an interest in running for a seat on the Board. All candidates prepared a brief statement to describe their qualifications/reason for running.

When the other candidates realized I was the opposition, they both withdrew because, as one said at the meeting tonight, "Even though I'm running, I'm going to vote for you because you're awesome!". I was re-elected by acclamation.

I told SO when I got home. She was not impressed and I have come back to earth once again.

Congrats Awesome Treasurer Andy M!

DH took a nasty tumble down the stairs Saturday and re-wrecked his previously messed up knee. Do not wear flip-flops with socks. I spent the day fielding phone calls from DH at the doctor's offices and looking for the cane I used when I broke my ankle a few years ago. I finally found it, it folds up really small, and was tucked into the bathroom closet. They don't know if anything is broken yet.

The next few weeks should be really fun. I plan to turn into Nurse Ratchet.

DH took a nasty tumble down the stairs Saturday and re-wrecked his previously messed up knee. Do not wear flip-flops with socks. I spent the day fielding phone calls from DH at the doctor's offices and looking for the cane I used when I broke my ankle a few years ago. I finally found it, it folds up really small, and was tucked into the bathroom closet. They don't know if anything is broken yet.

That really sucks, DL. I hope it's not serious and he can be up and about soon.

Oh no, Dawg....:( best wishes to Mr. Dawg for a speedy recovery.

Andy, congrats! The others must have felt that if it wasn't broken, don't fix it! :)

Princess....ouch...! I hope you don't wake up with pain in the morning.

Based on the Indians' record over the past several years, I'd suggest you might want to rethink that.
I've been a fan since 1958 and haven't seen too many winning seasons, but I'm still a fan. Besides, they had 92 wins last year - I'd take that again. It's just good to hear baseball again, win or lose. You remember losing, don't you? It's what Boston teams did before we moved here in 2000. :mrgreen: Now why couldn't I have that kind of luck back in Cleveland???

Geez Dawg, I'm sorry to hear that. Hope it's nothing serious with the knee. What you do to his head for wearing sox with flip-flops is up to you. :whistling

Thanks CG. Yes. Thank goodness it wasn't in public. And I found a new use for a flip-flop, they have a lot of flexibility when connected with a human, along with a few choice words.

Last edited:
I'm getting ready for a day in the City. I have to be on site for meetings and then have another meeting that could be an interesting possibility--combining cooking and writing. At any rate, I won't be back until late afternoon, so I best get off the computer, feed the girls, etc., etc.

Now that could ruin a summer, sorry to hear it and I hope DH is better soon.

I think I hear the Ogre waking up...yep!

Geez, I go to sleep early and all sorts of stuff happens.

PF, ow! I hope it doesn't hurt too much.

Andy, way to go! Sounds like the work you put in for the condo association is appreciated.

Dawg, bummer. I hope he isn't too damaged and he heals quickly. I guess he wasn't wearing the right kind of socks with his flip flops. You don't wear regular socks with zoris; you wear tabis with zoris:

img_1355136_0_74f182a8182d2ed608b234a5d7106cfa.jpg

And yes, I remember the sound of flip flop on flesh. As kids we used to whack each other with them on occasion.

Not even a bruise, the knee is fine, no limp. One of these days I'm going to break a patella or a tib/fib.

Love the tabis!

Last edited:
I've been a fan since 1958 and haven't seen too many winning seasons, but I'm still a fan. Besides, they had 92 wins last year - I'd take that again. It's just good to hear baseball again, win or lose. You remember losing, don't you? It's what Boston teams did before we moved here in 2000. :mrgreen: Now why couldn't I have that kind of luck back in Cleveland???

I remember losing too well. If I didn't, the Red Sox kindly reminded me yesterday.

The Indians had a great season last year. Now that they have our ex-manager, they could do well. Francona was good for us. I hope he does well with Cleveland too.

I just finished a couple sandwiches for brunch.
I took the leftover diced veggies I had the other night with my brats and added in some sliced, dried beef I had in the cupboard for too long. On whitebread with mayo. Kind of like a western.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom