"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #921
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
going to jump in the shower. then will pack up what i am taking to the party tonight. need to clean up the mess i made with the cake pops.
__________________

__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #922
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Maidrite, you could never drive me nuts (I bought a one way ticket years ago ), it is just good to see you here.

Right now I am procrastinating on going to the kitchen to get on with all the prep.
Well, I got the apple pie done and most of the prep done for the corn chowder. Just waiting for Son #1 to bring me the evaporated milk I need.

I received a little package tied on to my door handle this morning. It was from one of my neighbors. On it was a tag that said;
HOLIDAY WISH LIST:
An elastic to stretch beyond your current limits
An eraser to take away all those little mistakes
A marble for the days you feel you've lost yours (my favorite one)
A penny so you'll never be completely broke
A string to keep it together when it all seems to be falling apart
A hug and a kiss to remind you someone cars about you
Happy Holidays.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #923
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Well, I got the apple pie done and most of the prep done for the corn chowder. Just waiting for Son #1 to bring me the evaporated milk I need.

I received a little package tied on to my door handle this morning. It was from one of my neighbors. On it was a tag that said;
HOLIDAY WISH LIST:
An elastic to stretch beyond your current limits
An eraser to take away all those little mistakes
A marble for the days you feel you've lost yours (my favorite one)
A penny so you'll never be completely broke
A string to keep it together when it all seems to be falling apart
A hug and a kiss to remind you someone cars about you
Happy Holidays.
Addie,

If yer not using that marble could I borrow it?

That is cute.
__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #924
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Addie,

If yer not using that marble could I borrow it?

That is cute.
Sure. I like the state I am in. You can even keep it. My brain is only big enough for one marble. And if I give you my marble, I have a valid excuse and can say I lost all of mine.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:31 PM   #925
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,300
Just got back a bit ago from silly shopping (didn't need anything, just went to watch the crowds) and picking up Shrek's Christmas present. He's all excited and playing with it. It's a new Dobro.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:35 PM   #926
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Sure. I like the state I am in. You can even keep it. My brain is only big enough for one marble. And if I give you my marble, I have a valid excuse and can say I lost all of mine.
You two ladies are cracking me up! Both of you make me think of a fox talking to the hens. I'm confident in saying that I think both of you have a full set of marbles and each of them are sharply clear catseyes!

Playing marbles was a big thing when I was about 10. All the kids took the game very seriously.
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #927
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
You two ladies are cracking me up! Both of you make me think of a fox talking to the hens. I'm confident in saying that I think both of you have a full set of marbles and each of them are sharply clear catseyes!

Playing marbles was a big thing when I was about 10. All the kids took the game very seriously.

Children's play is very serious work.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:16 PM   #928
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
You two ladies are cracking me up! Both of you make me think of a fox talking to the hens. I'm confident in saying that I think both of you have a full set of marbles and each of them are sharply clear catseyes!

Playing marbles was a big thing when I was about 10. All the kids took the game very seriously.
I wasn't very good at sports in my early years but I was VERY good at marbles. With the help of my Dad I built this board that had lots of holes where you shot your marble through and earned that many marbles. The guys loved it because it was very easy to win. Then I would challenge them to a game or two and would win everything back and then some. It was very humiliating being beat by a girl in those days.....specially when they fell for it over and over!

So I guess you could say I had all my marbles in those days......I just don't remember now where I put them!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #929
Executive Chef
 
Somebunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Blaine, Washington
Posts: 2,649
I'm relaxing with an icy Christmas beer! Still have things to do, but felt like taking a few moments for me. Since we are not entertaining this year and we don't go to DD's until boxing day, (oops the 26th) I don't have to be in a rush. DH is still in the shop working on granddaughters play kitchen, after my break I will finish preparing dinner and after we eat I will put the finishing touches on the wee little kitchen curtains and make sure that it is all ready to go.
__________________
If you don't like the food, have more wine!
Somebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #930
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
i watched a three generation norwegian family working together on a lefse demonstration. big mess, big fun! i think i would like this potato-based flatbread. it can be served as a sweet bread, with butter and sugar, or as a savory treat, with rich gravied meatballs....
__________________

__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.