What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
finally back on line. my computer gave up the ghost on the 13th. i think that was date. anyway, order a new one on line at walmart with express shipping. ordered it tuesday night and got it today. now that is what i call service. got a great deal on it too. spent about an hour catching up on email. glad to be back.

finally back on line. my computer gave up the ghost on the 13th. i think that was date. anyway, order a new one on line at walmart with express shipping. ordered it tuesday night and got it today. now that is what i call service. got a great deal on it too. spent about an hour catching up on email. glad to be back.

And you got logged in okay!

Checking the new posts while savoring my second cup of decaf. I'm liking that I can at least have the coffee flavor and don't have to deal with the jangle of caffeine.

Decaf has come a long way! It used to taste horrid.

I am slightly more awake this morning than I was yesterday. Just waiting until I am awake enough to get ready for work.

Just woke up and am waiting to see what today brings. Went to see the doc yeaterday. Took a fit of dry heaves while I was there. He was surprised that it didn't bother me. I had eaten lunch about five minutes before and none of my food came up. Never does. Just dry heaves. I am so used to it that I never give it a thought. I have no idea why I do it and don't even care. And don't want to know. He thinks it may have to do with my sugar levels. He lowered my diabetes medicine. Second time he has done this. I have been having a lot of sugar crashes lately. Had three of them last week. Two in one day. All in all, the visit went very well. I did have to wait for the pharmacy to make up my new presciption for my diabestes medicine. So I went in and took an hour's nap. Felt much better, but by the time I got home, as soon as I walked in the door, another drive heave bout. Had a snack, laid down and took another nap. Feel fine today. All my numbers have been down to normal. Sugar, chloresterol, blood pressure. Can't complain. :)

Decaf has come a long way! It used to taste horrid.

I am slightly more awake this morning than I was yesterday. Just waiting until I am awake enough to get ready for work.

I think I managed to fool my body because I seemed to have plenty of energy this morning. I was able to have two cups. *YAY!* It tasted just fine.

Also, I use instant coffee, which has come a long way too. I liked the flavor better than the brewed coffee I had been making, and no waste, so I got rid of the coffee maker, giving myself more counter space.

What I'm doing? Getting ready to strip the meat off of the rotisserie chicken I bought yesterday, and putting it in the freezer along with the juices (quite a bit). The skin wasn't crisp, and too salty, so I'll just put that in with the carcass and make stock.

It was garlicy and tasted like lime - delicious flavor, just a little too salty, so I'll thin it down.

I need to make more stock anyway.

I think I managed to fool my body because I seemed to have plenty of energy this morning. I was able to have two cups. *YAY!* It tasted just fine.

Also, I use instant coffee, which has come a long way too. I liked the flavor better than the brewed coffee I had been making, and no waste, so I got rid of the coffee maker, giving myself more counter space.

And I am just the opposite. I would rather go without coffee than drink instant or decaf. It has been at least 35 years since I have bought instant. I make a fresh pot of brewed coffee, shut it off immediately. Then heat up each cup in the microwave. Even when I go to Winthrop to see the Doc, I am the only patient they let out the locked doors to go across the street to get myself a large coffee that has caffeine. Winthrop only serves decaf. I am seriously considering that when this drip machine gives out, getting an electric percolator. They make really good coffee. Will have to look into the different makes. I want one where I can choose the strength. :ermm:

I am just getting going. Woke up with a headache (I hate being a human barometer) and took an extra long time getting up and moving today. Blah. The weather is beautiful today (thus the headache). Its sunny and above zero, if I felt better I'd be out for a walk. As it is, I'm going to open the windows and air the house out.

i'm cutting pieces of plywood so when my boy gets home from school we'll build a bat box for his cub scout project.

i printed out plans but somehow lost them, so i'll just have to wing it... pun intended. ;)

i'm cutting pieces of plywood so when my boy gets home from school we'll build a bat box for his cub scout project.

i printed out plans but somehow lost them, so i'll just have to wing it... pun intended. ;)

A bat box? I'm going to assume you mean a house sort of thing? My baseball brain kicked in and I read batter's box. Sheesh. Do you have a lot of bats around?

I hope that house isn't for old bats like me. (pun intended!) ;)

lol, there's a few in my belfry, alix.

addie, i know you're small but this would be pushing it. how are you with cleaning up guano?

yes, it's a home for bats. it's essentially a birdhouse but for bats, to help attract them to an area like a ballfield. bats are good guys since they eat bugs like mosquitos. and i can have fun scaring the kids with stories about them when we're camping.

lol, there's a few in my belfry, alix.

addie, i know you're small but this would be pushing it. how are you with cleaning up guano?

yes, it's a home for bats. it's essentially a birdhouse but for bats, to help attract them to an area like a ballfield. bats are good guys since they eat bugs like mosquitos. and i can have fun scaring the kids with stories about them when we're camping.

I will pass on the guano. How is the bat house different from a bird house? Wouldn't birds take up residence? Do they have night games at the ball field? That is when bats like to come out. I have a great idea for stories around the camp fire. Have someone come out of the edge of the woods with a cape on right in the middle of your story just long enough for the kids to see the outline. Then dash back ino the woods. :ohmy:

Well, I was going to strip the rotisserie chicken, but it was lunch time, and there was that whole other leg.... I stripped the skin off and heated it in the microwave.

This afternoon, I've been trying to catch up with the New Posts here, but it seems people are posting like crazy. I'll finally get them all read and new posts of my own made, go and check my emails and what's on TV, check back with DC and find another batch of posts. I'm not complaining. I like it when it's busy like this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom