"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #9291
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
we have a new ordinance in c-ville which states homeowners will be fined if they have not cleared the snow from their sidewalks within 24 hours of a snowfall. yet, 1/3 of our c-ville residents are still without electricity, and many don't have cable or high speed internet service since yesterday's storm. most of our schools have already announced closings for tomorrow. the city will send out crews to clear walks of snow after 24 hours and charge the residents.
is this common practice, fining folks for not clearing their sidewalks? this is the first i've heard of such a practice.
oh, and i forgot to mention that voluntary snow-cleaning crews are supposedly being created to help those folks physically unable to comply with the snow removal requirement. except that, nobody has signed to volunteer their snow shoveling services as of yet....
Yes, it is common practice in Boston. My youngest kid never had to be told to shovel for the elderly couple next door. And he refused to take any money from them. So they always gave him a Christmas present instead.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #9292
Honey Badger

Wishing I had a dress makers dummy. Need to alter a few blouses and slacks today.

Guess I'll wait for hubby to wake up. He's it!

Munky.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #9293
Certified Cake Maniac

TB picked up the little plaque we ordered with Joie's paw print on it. They took some of his hair and the company made the surface black and white, and his name is on the back. It doesn't bring him back, but it is sitting on a shelf where we can see it and be reminded of our precious pup.

I am supposed to bake some brownies to take as a housewarming present for one of TB's co-workers tomorrow but the thought of the smell of baking chocolate, which I usually love, is already making my stomach do flip-flops. I may have to come up with a non-edible Plan B. I have sent baking with him on a few occaisions so it has become kind of expected, but if I don't feel better I may not even be going so they will understand. If I am contagious, I don't want to be coughing into the batter

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #9294
Chef Extraordinaire

Happy Saturday

Another hot day here in Adelaide, nothing new there

Today we are having a relaxing day in, going to play some Wii U later and watch some movies
Old 03-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #9295
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Early day, talked Shrek into taking me to 5Guys for lunch and then we did some little shopping. Ended up with a new cat tree and they are both going nuts over it. Sprained my little finger and ripped half the nail off getting the thing in the car. Good thing it's the weekend.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #9296
Certified Cake Maniac

Princess, that smarts when you do that! Take care of that finger. {{{{{{{{{{{{{PF}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Old 03-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #9297
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Princess, that smarts when you do that! Take care of that finger. {{{{{{{{{{{{{PF}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Thanks, Laurie. Have it buddy taped to remind me not to use it. Good thing I'm left-handed...
Old 03-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #9298
Chef Extraordinaire

Have just had some lovely fried rice for lunch and now heading into the lounge to watch a film
Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #9299
Certified Cake Maniac

Was able to get some plain rotisserie chicken down for dinner and it is sitting well. No appetite but knew I needed to eat.

Have decided not to make the brownies and probably won't go to the party. TB will pick up some flowers or something on his way there.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #9300
Certified Cake Maniac

I slept 11 hours last night and while I am still walking up I think I am finally feeling better!

Has anyone heard from Snip? I was very concerned about her - am hoping she went to the doctor.