What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband, Frank, had a accident on the motorway friday afternoon. He was brought to the hospital with the helicopter.
He was put into induced coma, has a comminuted femoral neck fracture, which was operated the same night. He also has a broken pelvis, which needs surgical treatment within the next days, broken rips and a broken sternum. Due to this his lung is also damaged.
All that happened 400km away from Hannover. I will travel to Regensburg today. Even if I can't do anything there, it's better than sitting here and worrying.

Oh Cara, how terrible! So hoping for quick healing and safe recovery for Frank.

:angel::angel: A few for your husband to watch over him, like they do for my daughter.

Cara, considering the extent of his injuries and the pain involved, the induced coma is the best thing that can happen to him right now. Needless to say, prayers have already gone up for him. And for you, lots of hugs and caring also. I won't be able to stop thinking about your and your husband for the next few days. When you have the chance, do keep us informed. I know you won't always feel like it, and we do understand. I hope you have family with you at this time. You need someone to take over the daily chores of just living for you at this time. :angel:

Cara, even though he is in an induced coma, be sure to talk to him. He may be able to hear and understand you. If they used curare for the "coma", he will be able to hear you, but he won't be able to show any reaction.

Cara, even though he is in an induced coma, be sure to talk to him. He may be able to hear and understand you. If they used curare for the "coma", he will be able to hear you, but he won't be able to show any reaction.

Very wise advice. You never know what can and cannot be heard when in a coma. Also hold his hand. The human touch can send so many positive messages. Tell him about family goings on and activities, read him a book that he has been meaning to read, but never got around to, even if it is about mechanics, or the latest Sports Illustrated. If there are pictures, describe them.

There have been reported instances of children reporting events of hearing sounds from the womb. One time events that only occurred during the mother's pregnancy. And so many instances of patients telling their loved ones of knowing and hearing what was said during their coma.

Remember our prayers are and concern are with you. :angel:

I'm watching Burger Land on the Travel channel. I haven't seen this series of burger joint programs before. I always like getting new ideas for the hamburger.

I'm watching Burger Land on the Travel channel. I haven't seen this series of burger joint programs before. I always like getting new ideas for the hamburger.

To me, a burger has to be a patty, lettuce, tomato, onion and mayo. Period. With many other things I can be adventurous, but not the burger.

To me, a burger has to be a patty, lettuce, tomato, onion and mayo. Period. With many other things I can be adventurous, but not the burger.

I wish I liked 'burger. When I make the 'burger with onions and gravy, I only use 1/4 of a pound. Just enough to give it flavor. I rely more on the Better Than Bullion for the flavor than the meat. The only way I will eat 'burger, is if I get a Burger King, hold the onion. I usually will buy a Jr. Burger. The regular one is too much for me to eat. I never finish it. :angel:

Some might say that is too much ;)

I saw a couple I'd like to make.
One was a poached burger. You have 1/4" or so of water with a pile of onions in it, steaming away, and the burger cooking alongside. The hamburger consisted of a regular bun, the burger, some onions, some horseradish and some mustard. The guys commented on how beefy and oniony the flavor was. How the burger picked up the flavors of being cooked in onion flavored water. It wasn't the prettiest burger but it sounded delicious.

And there was a griddle method of pre-making the burgers into meatballs and using a metal spatula to flatten them onto the griddle. Sort of a pushing down/sliding motion that left a very thin, quick cooking burger with edges that picked up a nice crust.

But they did have a loaded burger that caught my attention, too. A Brazilian burger. It was a ground sirloin steak with a cooked slice of ham and Swiss cheese, a fried egg, lettuce, tomato, pickles, corn and potato sticks. I think it had mayo on it. Supposedly it was authentic to what you can get in Brazil.

And on the opposite end they were in WI and there was a burger joint where you could not order a cheeseburger. They literally had no cheese at a burger joint in WI :wacko:

Good series if you are into food.

My husband, Frank, had a accident on the motorway friday afternoon. He was brought to the hospital with the helicopter.
He was put into induced coma, has a comminuted femoral neck fracture, which was operated the same night. He also has a broken pelvis, which needs surgical treatment within the next days, broken rips and a broken sternum. Due to this his lung is also damaged.
All that happened 400km away from Hannover. I will travel to Regensburg today. Even if I can't do anything there, it's better than sitting here and worrying.
My thoughts are with you, Cara. I don't know if you'll pick this up but I have a friend who lives in Regensburg. She's a Lutheran minister. I'm not sure if she's at home at the moment as she has been in London but if she's around I could ask her to meet with you if it would help. She's a lovely Scotswoman with grown up children who doesn't push religion down your throat and is just what one needs in a crisis. If you need her let me know.

The only way I love 'burger is in a really good home made meatloaf. And I love it in a sandwich with ketchup! :angel:

The only way I love 'burger is in a really good home made meatloaf. And I love it in a sandwich with ketchup! :angel:

Or with a little salt and real mayonnaise or better yet... on wheat bread with mustard :yum: THAT is my favorite right there. Gotta be wheat bread though.
sonofagun... my yummy is just a red X now... interesting.

Watching 60 Minutes...made a donation to Healthwagon.org. The website is crowded right now...it's a worthy cause.

Back
Top Bottom