"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #9321
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post

We are travelling to Maple Ridge (about 45 - 60 minutes away) where my Dad lived before he came here. Our trip is for three reasons - to check the name plate at the cemetery, set some flowers for both of my parents (Monday will be 18 years since we lost my Mom and it is a year for Dad).
Laurie, my DH is from Maple Ridge (Haney) we visit there often. :) hope everything is as you wish at the cemetery.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #9322
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I slept 11 hours last night and while I am still walking up I think I am finally feeling better!

Has anyone heard from Snip? I was very concerned about her - am hoping she went to the doctor.
Here I am, still have flu but I'm ok thank you
Glad you are feeling better!
Had a few vodkas with my mom on friday (Sometimes listening to mother is not best )
No blood when I cough anymore and the infection seems to be clearing up a bit.
Went to the clinic and got some more meds.
Hope you get well soon

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #9323
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
SB, have you ever had surgery? Take it from someone who has every part of her body cut on, It is a snap. They will probably do microscopic surgery. Tiny scar and you can go home the next day.
No, I have never had surgery before. The latest word on it now is they want to wait on surgery. The doctors & surgeons had a conference on friday morning. Now, they want to do a CT scan biopsy, then some radiation to try & shrink this mass in my lower left back. Unfortunately they are leaning more towards the possibility of cancer. I so hope they are wrong. It was a real struggle to get through the daughter's concert on friday night. Afterwards she had a sleepover planned with a good friend in town. Dh & I went out & had a few, well way to many, cocktails which is not real common. Just starting to feel better now. It's about time for bed.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:59 PM   #9324
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
No, I have never had surgery before. The latest word on it now is they want to wait on surgery. The doctors & surgeons had a conference on friday morning. Now, they want to do a CT scan biopsy, then some radiation to try & shrink this mass in my lower left back. Unfortunately they are leaning more towards the possibility of cancer. I so hope they are wrong. It was a real struggle to get through the daughter's concert on friday night. Afterwards she had a sleepover planned with a good friend in town. Dh & I went out & had a few, well way to many, cocktails which is not real common. Just starting to feel better now. It's about time for bed.
Oh SB, hoping and praying for the best. You hang in there, sweetie! You're a strong person, I know you will tackle and defeat whatever it may be. {{{{SB}}}}}
Old 03-10-2013, 01:22 AM   #9325
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh SB, hoping and praying for the best. You hang in there, sweetie! You're a strong person, I know you will tackle and defeat whatever it may be. {{{{SB}}}}}
+1 and here is some for SB

Old 03-10-2013, 01:55 AM   #9326
Chef Extraordinaire

sb, i'll say a decade tonight for you so that everything will be fine.

i wish i didn't have to work tonight. i hate the clock change over. we have to set several master clock systems in the building that control just about everything the network does to a very precise frame accuracy. after setting the clock drivers, we have to test a dozen master control rooms' outputs, and check clocks in various departments to make sure everything jives.

it wouldn't be so bad if i could just go home and sleep in the morning when i get out at 8am, but i have to be at a baseball coach's clinic at 11am, then have tryouts at 1:30pm, and the draft at 4pm, and be back at work by 7pm.

it's gonna be a rough day with no sleep whatsoever.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:09 AM   #9327
Chef Extraordinaire

bt, I commend you for spending so much time with your son. There are a lot of fathers that can't be bothered. Let their mother do it. But has it ever occurred to you to every so often to say "No". I have to work. When Spike was 10 he was in Little League. For some strange reason they always schedueld practice and games at 5 p.m. I finally got sick of him missing family meals and coming home starving. I started to say No" and after a while other mothers joined in. They quickly change the time to 6;30. I later found out the reason for the 5 p.m. time was because the coaches wanted to be home in time for their supper and TV.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:20 AM   #9328
Chef Extraordinaire

no, addie.

see, there ya go.

lol, it's just one day. yesterday's snow storm messed things up so the clinic, tryouts, and draft was compressed into today.

i'll survive. i can always say no to work, but i'm greedy.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #9329
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
My thoughts and prayers are with you SB.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #9330
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm making a couple BLTs for lunch, breakfast or whatever time it is.