"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #9351
Master Chef

I like to read while I am having breakfast or lunch, so I just bought me a book holder at the Kitchen Store in the mall. It is so nice to rest my book on. It is adjustable to any angle.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #9352
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
I like to read while I am having breakfast or lunch, so I just bought me a book holder at the Kitchen Store in the mall. It is so nice to rest my book on. It is adjustable to any angle.
Every so often you have to treat yourself. What a nice present.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #9353
Chef Extraordinaire

Off to see my shoulder surgeon again this morning...this time he will tell me the results of my scans taken one year after the operation...see if he can see why I am still in pain sometimes
Old 03-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #9354
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

We just got back from a shopping trip and lunch at a Mexican restaurant...Yum! Now i guess I should go put things away...
Old 03-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #9355
Chef Extraordinaire

aiting for dh to get home. He had to go 75 miles south of town. Our big hobart mixer took a dump today. Cannot have a business without it. Not what we needed right now. He got a good used one. All is well. Had a great deep water class tonight. I'm going to go & take a shower then figure out what to make for supper.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #9356
Master Chef

I am just putting the finishing touches on the 2012 package of paperwork for the income tax guy!

I wish they would just go to a flat federal sales tax and end this annual nightmare!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #9357
Master Chef

Got my grandson here with me today, he stayed home from school because of a bad cold. He was not able to go today on his field trip with the rest of his class mates. I said I was so sorry but he said that it was alright because he didn't want to get the rest of the kids sick. This is the last year at this school because in the fall he will be starting Jr. High.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #9358
Master Chef

Sitting infront of my PC trying to keep my eyes open lol! Daniel was up most of the night again. He'll be 6 in July, this has got to stop. Not sure I can handle this for much longer.
He started sleeping through the night when he was only a few weeks old but started waking again when he was 6 months old. Hasn't stopped since. He wakes up screaming most nights. Loud enough to wake the whole house. Darn it I'm tired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #9359
Certified Cake Maniac

Oh Snip I am so sorry to hear about Daniel's sleep patterns. Do you know if it is night terrors? Sounds like it. My friend's son had them and did finally grow out of them, but then he had something similar the last couple of years (he is now 17). They told her kids have them during growth spurts. I used to wake up with horrible pains in my legs and I grew tall quite fast - the doctor told my Mom that "growing pains" can be very real because your bones are literally growing over night. Maybe if you look these up on Google you might get some answers.

I had a rough night too - my side pain is back though they keep saying it isn't my kidney. I finally got into a solid sleep about 2:30 am but still woke at my usual 7, going back for an hour but then was awake for good.

I am trying to figure out my plan for the day. If I decide to enter a cake decorating contest I will be spending much of the day solidifying the design. I haven't done a cake in awhile and am both excited and a little nervous. It is just an online contest so not too strenuous but I am rusty.

If I decide not to do the cake, then my decision for the day turns to which room do I work on that needs a good spring cleaning - our bedroom, the storage room or do some work on my craft room.

Of course tiredness and pain may make all the decisions for me

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #9360
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I am just putting the finishing touches on the 2012 package of paperwork for the income tax guy!

I wish they would just go to a flat federal sales tax and end this annual nightmare!
I got our taxes done and electronically filed on the weekend. We are both getting a refund this year so we wanted it in ASAP. I still haven't finished Dad's but it is a little more complicated and since money is owed by the estate (which isn't finished yet, though we can still have it paid from it by going to the bank), I am holding off awhile. We don't have to file until April 30th in Canada.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote