What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, Carol, I am so sorry to hear this. I will be praying for the injured and their families. Did they get the suspect(s)?

Just woke up - it is 9 am here. Another night where I slept best the last three hours than I did all night.

I have way too much laundry to do today and also want to play with my new phone so I can get used to it.

I've had that happen so many times it's not funny. What type of phone did you get?

Wish I could catch that fever, Cheryl! My house could use a good cleaning! :LOL:

I get this surge of energy every year about this time. :ROFLMAO: Been tackling the ceiling fans today - 3 done, 3 to go. I need one of those random doorbell ringing guys from Swiffer to deliver me a new box of dusters! :ermm::LOL:

Just got "the" phone call. We'll have to leave about 2 a.m. tomorrow to get to the hospital in time for my surgery slot. Good part is, I'm the first on the surgeon's list. I like that, plus it gives me nearly a whole day to get back up to speed after the surgery.

Let the games begin!!!!!

I know I'm late on this, but good luck Katie. Sending :angel::angel::angel: to watch over you and bunches of prayers your way.

Taking a break from washing screens. Hoping to get all 16 done today (so far...three :neutral: ) so I can was windows and have Himself set the screens in tomorrow. Just typing that made me feel a little guilty. :ermm: Better head back to the dungeon soon (I was them in our basement).

Finishing up my dessert...vanilla chocolate chip ice cream with caramel sauce. TV is blaring, I'm not paying attention.

I've had that happen so many times it's not funny. What type of phone did you get?

I got a white Samsung 4S. We know the 5S is coming out soon, but because of that we got a good deal and I don't need all the bells and whistles. I just need a phone I can text on and I can actually dial out on...my previous, a Sony Xperia with pull out keyboard made making a simple phonecall into a real ordeal. And it was painfully slow at everything. My hubby, TB, has to now show me how to use all the cool features. The one I am liking the most is the voice commands as my arthritic hands have a hard time on the touch screen keyboard.

Finishing up my dessert...vanilla chocolate chip ice cream with caramel sauce. TV is blaring, I'm not paying attention.

I'm on my way to Montana for dessert! :LOL:

Actually, I am trying to clean my desk off for a new piece of equipment. A precision cutter that hooks up to my computer so I can program projects (like making custom boxes for my crocheted hats, etc.). I can't wait until TB hooks it up tomorrow and I can start playing. It will work on vinyl, cardstock, thin paper, etc.

I got an order for three items for a photographer I haven't worked with before. He saw some of my work in my friend's pictures and asked for a referral. He wants two hats and a diaper cover. This is starting to feel real! :)

How fun, Laurie! :) Did you get a cricut? My daughter has one of those and it turns out some incredible crafts. She has a blast with it.

Congratulations on the jobs you've already got lined up!

How fun, Laurie! :) Did you get a cricut? My daughter has one of those and it turns out some incredible crafts. She has a blast with it.

Congratulations on the jobs you've already got lined up!

Thanks, Cheryl. Yes, I got the newest Cricut, the Explore. You don't have to rely so much on the cartridges and can now use your own designs. But it does still take the cartridges - just uploads the images to the software. I have a Cricut Cake, though they have phased that one out...it isn't as good as I thought it would be. But I know people with the paper cutters and they wouldn't trade them for the world. I got a cartridge today at Michael's on sale (that doesn't happen much with Cricut) and it makes the boxes I was mentioning.

I'm having a case of spring fever. :LOL: Been so busy cleaning, going through closets, putting away winter clothing in the guest room closet, changing out the winter bedspreads for the summer ones, deadheading my 'mums, just generally gettin' stuff done. :)

You certainly have a lot of faith in Mother Nature. Putting away winter clothing? Good Luck! :angel:

Thanks, Cheryl. Yes, I got the newest Cricut, the Explore. You don't have to rely so much on the cartridges and can now use your own designs. But it does still take the cartridges - just uploads the images to the software. I have a Cricut Cake, though they have phased that one out...it isn't as good as I thought it would be. But I know people with the paper cutters and they wouldn't trade them for the world. I got a cartridge today at Michael's on sale (that doesn't happen much with Cricut) and it makes the boxes I was mentioning.

Well, you are the lucky one. Good luck with your new Cricut. I have a crafty friend that has one. I suggested to my daughter that she contact her to do the invitations for my birthday party. They came out beautiful. You would think they were from Hallmark's most expensive line. You are going to have so much fun with your new toy.

Please, do take some pictures of your work and let us see it. I am looking forward to seeing them.

I would love to have an embroidering sewing machine, But I don't have the room for anything else in this apartment. Studio apartments don't hold very much. :angel:

Last edited:
Oh, Carol, I am so sorry to hear this. I will be praying for the injured and their families. Did they get the suspect(s)?

Yes, he was a sophomore at the school. Quiet and kept to himself. From the time I was a teen, way back when, I was always told that it is the quiet ones you have to watch. You never know what's on their mind. The kids who are openly aggressive and disruptive lay everything out on the table. You know where you stand with them.

You certainly have a lot of faith in Mother Nature. Putting away winter clothing? Good Luck! :angel:

I suppose I've lived in the CA desert long enough to know when winter is over....:LOL: It's not like I can't get to a sweatshirt if I do need one, which is highly unlikely. They're just in the guest room. :)

Yes, he was a sophomore at the school. Quiet and kept to himself. From the time I was a teen, way back when, I was always told that it is the quiet ones you have to watch. You never know what's on their mind. The kids who are openly aggressive and disruptive lay everything out on the table. You know where you stand with them.

Yes, remember the Columbine shooters? They were quiet as well, if I remember correctly. These things are so senseless and tragic. :(

Have fun with it, Laurie! I'd love to see the boxes, I bet my daughter would love that cartridge for her Cricut. :)

I am getting ready to go out the door. My daughters birthday present finally arrived. Her birthday was March 21st. Better late than never I guess. It is a sterling silver necklace with the word "hope." :angel:

Back
Top Bottom