"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #931
Master Chef

Vitauta, you need to go to North Dakota. White food rules there. Actually, lefse isn't that different from a flour tortilla (OK, no one blast me out the DC community!). It is the lutifisk that will just kill your tastebuds for all eternity! (OK, OK, we all have our loves).

Old 12-24-2011, 10:08 PM   #932
Master Chef

I'm sitting here on a got-my-husband-and-dog-to-go-to-bed-early break. Had a lovely Christmas Eve. A friend from out of town turned 90 today, and there will be a big party later in the week for him, but we wanted to have him over on the day to sip some bubbly. Sent everyone early, made tourtiere for hubby and me, then husband started drooping and I sent him to bed super-early (8 p.m.!) and am just playing here with DC, having a glass of wine, and more or less relaxing and indulging myself for the rest of the season.

Old 12-25-2011, 02:26 AM   #933
Chef Extraordinaire

3 gifts left to wrap. yay!

i almost ran out of paper wrapping up the goalie equipment for my boy. lol, i think he'll recognize the stick even before he unwraps it.

dw came down to say goodnight and wanted an early gift, so i gave her the gift set of burberry body (perfume) that i got for her. smells really nice.

the meatballs and sausage are in the fridge gettin' happy, the video camera is at the ready, stockings are stuffed and all of the gifts are under the tree.

well, except for those last three. if i can't find gift wrap, i guess i'll resort to aluminum foil or newspaper. santa won't mind, i'm sure.

merry christmas, everyone.
Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:02 AM   #934
Certified Cake Maniac

Bucky you are a little ahead of me! I have the dog presents to wrap but can't because Joie is camped out on the couch, across from the gift wrap container.....do you think he knows? Nah! I still have to insert one more picture into Dad's collage frame and make a certificate for the magazine subscription I am giving DH as it hasn't arrived yet. But both of those are 5 minute jobs and then just wrapping.

I just finished the eggnog pastry cream and dry ingredients for my IHOP eggnog pancake knock-offs! I just have to get up in time to make them for Dad by 7:30 am. I made a few adjustments to my recipes to make them diabetic friendly but I am sure they will taste close to the original....better I hope!

I got the cups ready for my mandarin upside down cupcakes (actually using small ramekins). I am using the scratch cake I posted for Andy awhile back and have a bought mix for a gluten free version. The box isn't cheating - they are much better than scratch GF cakes!

I think I can call it a night and still be able to get everything done tomorrow. Night all and Merry Christmas (happy Hanukkah, Kwanza, etc.).

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #935
Certified Pretend Chef

Relaxing and drinking a cup of (Dunkin Donuts) coffee. Just about everything I can do is done except for a little bit of prep work. Got an apple pie in the oven.

Just talked to SO and she and her family are on the way to Orlando. They had Christmas dinner last night. Their dinner tonight will be at the House of Blues.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #936
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Eating a lemon muffin with a cup of Green Mountain coffee. Need to convince Shrek to change the channel to the Science Channel for the Firefly Marathon.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #937
Master Chef

Site Moderator

I put together some things for us for a finger-food brunch and now I'm watching A Christmas Story ( the lamp just got broken).

Oh, and I'm waiting on the butter to soften so I can make some gingerbread.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #938
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Eating a lemon muffin with a cup of Green Mountain coffee. Need to convince Shrek to change the channel to the Science Channel for the Firefly Marathon.
PF, I am not awake - I read the email notification of this and only saw "I am eating a lemon". My thoughts were "is this some weird Montana Christmas tradition?"

Old 12-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #939
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
I put together some things for us for a finger-food brunch and now I'm watching A Christmas Story ( the lamp just got broken).
Yes, and "I don't know what happened, I was just watering my plant".

He's beating up the bully now.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #940
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post

Oh, and I'm waiting on the butter to soften so I can make some gingerbread.
I have it taped and will watch it as I wrap the last of the presents. My movie traditions - Jack Frost on the 23rd, Scrooged on Christmas Eve and A Christmas Story on Christmas Day (the lamp part is one of my favourites of course!).