"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-14-2013, 04:12 AM   #9391
Chef Extraordinaire

Good evening

I have had a busy day and now relaxing after dinner, heading into the loungeroom soon to watch some TV

Old 03-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #9392
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Just got Shrek out the door for his bloodwork...I swear he can find 40 things to crab about first thing...and he calls me crabby when I wake up in the morning. At least I keep it to myself...

Old 03-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #9393
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Just got Shrek out the door for his bloodwork...I swear he can find 40 things to crab about first thing...and he calls me crabby when I wake up in the morning. At least I keep it to myself...
PF it is posts like this that tell me that there is a beautiful love affair going on in that home in Montana. It is something to be treasured.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #9394
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
PF it is posts like this that tell me that there is a beautiful love affair going on in that home in Montana. It is something to be treasured.
Before or after I take the rolling pin after him???
Old 03-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #9395
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thanks for both. I am feeling better - still pain of course but that is my forever normal. As long as it doesn't get worse I am okay.

As for the contest, I decided not to put unnecessary pressure on myself and am not entering it. I am still making a cake (a small one for my BIL's birthday which is tomorrow but we will have it on Friday), and I will do the cake I wanted to design but on my own time. Since these contests are online and are done by photo, if it fits for a future one great, if not I have learned some new techniques without stressing myself out unnecessarily!

I am doing a happy dance today! TB had shift-pick (they do it every 6 months) and he got his first choice, which is a Monday to Friday 3 - 11:30 pm (hour lunch) shift instead of the Monday to Thursday 3-11 pm and Sunday 9am-5pm (1/2 hour lunch for all) he has done for a year.
I'm glad all is well and TB got a shift change. Not fun when we live past our loved ones!

I baked a cake today too It's Caitlin's 11 th birthday. Made a moist vanilla cake with buttercream icing. Covered it in pale blue edible glitter, icing sunflowers and wrote her name and age in pale blue. Very shiny cake
She loved it.

She wants her first car to be a new Volkswagen Beetle (blue with sunflowers painted on it)
Got the idea for her cake from that.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #9396
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here at the computer listening to disc #1 of Les Miserables. It is a good thing our walls are thick. I am singing right along with it.

My daughter goes for her next MRI tomorrow. Then we will gets the results on the 20th. I am so nervous and upset. I hate this disease. I have no control and am helpless to make it right like I did when she was a small child. I could fix all her boo boos. Not this time. Mommy's kisses won't make it all go away. She showed me where the swelling of her brain has gone down and where the tumor was, her scalp has caved in some. So now she has a big dent in her head. This waiting is so hard.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #9397
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
I baked a cake today too It's Caitlin's 11 th birthday. Made a moist vanilla cake with buttercream icing. Covered it in pale blue edible glitter, icing sunflowers and wrote her name and age in pale blue. Very shiny cake
She loved it.

She wants her first car to be a new Volkswagen Beetle (blue with sunflowers painted on it) Got the idea for her cake from that.
Your cake sounds marvelous!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #9398
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Your cake sounds marvelous!
Thank you Laurie

It went down well, kids loved it! Just happy my princess liked it. The glitter is everywhere! In my hair, on my PJ's, on my socks etc etc.

I look like an off duty stripper I blew the excess glitter off the balcony today and when I walked to the shop, I noticed that the paving outside our flat is shiny blue

I've I mentioned the glitter?!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #9399
Chef Extraordinaire

I have just woken up and about to have breakfast

Today I have some ironing to do, just for something different and also a bit of gardening, since it is such a lovely day
Old 03-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #9400
Master Chef

i made some peanut butter fudge today. Just in the mood.