"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #9421
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Just returned from a 2 1/2 hour ride on the motorcycle. The first of the season and the first with my new knee. We had a blast and rode, first, to "our" Dairy Queen, which is only about 15 minutes from home. Sat outside at a big old wooden picnic table and ate our ice cream. Then, for fun and because it was just too nice a day to do anything else, we took the LONG way home, accounting for the remaining 2 hours. It was invigorating and I can't wait to get out again.
Good for you Katie! Sounds fun!

Old 03-16-2013, 01:01 AM   #9422
Chef Extraordinaire

Today Steve and I have been working on our new game most of the day!

Soon we are heading out to mums for dinner to celebrate his birthday (tomorrow)

Old 03-16-2013, 02:10 AM   #9423
Certified Cake Maniac

I think I am in for a third night of no sleep until 2 or 4 am. This will be 3 in a row. My mysterious side pain is back, on both sides, my head is pounding and my restless legs are not responding to the new medication (actually a natural supplement containing Magnesium and other things that has worked before).

The side pain affects my back and so lying on either side, or my back is very uncomfortable. I can stay in my recliner for so long and that gets uncomfortable too. The most comfortable place (as long as I am not so tired I just want to go to sleep), is my office chair. I also don't like staying in bed when I can't sleep because my legs spasming and me turning over every few minutes keeps TB awake.

The bright side is Violet curls up in her bed beside me and stays with me as long as I am up.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:55 AM   #9424
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I think I am in for a third night of no sleep until 2 or 4 am. This will be 3 in a row. My mysterious side pain is back, on both sides, my head is pounding and my restless legs are not responding to the new medication (actually a natural supplement containing Magnesium and other things that has worked before).

The side pain affects my back and so lying on either side, or my back is very uncomfortable. I can stay in my recliner for so long and that gets uncomfortable too. The most comfortable place (as long as I am not so tired I just want to go to sleep), is my office chair. I also don't like staying in bed when I can't sleep because my legs spasming and me turning over every few minutes keeps TB awake.

The bright side is Violet curls up in her bed beside me and stays with me as long as I am up.
I try to avoid going to doctors but it sounds like you should be seeing one soon.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:19 AM   #9425
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Amen Aunt Bea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I am just putting the finishing touches on the 2012 package of paperwork for the income tax guy!

I wish they would just go to a flat federal sales tax and end this annual nightmare!
I really dislike the idea of having to pay a federal sales tax when making purchases from savings that have already been diminished by income taxes.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #9426
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplainbill View Post
I really dislike the idea of having to pay a federal sales tax when making purchases from savings that have already been diminished by income taxes.
Bill, what kind of items would there be a Federal Sales Tax levied? I have never heard of one. Maybe it is because my income has always been on the low side.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #9427
Master Chef

I just brewed a wonderful pot of coffee. I mixed a blend of beans - southern pecan, macademia nut, chocolate hazel nut and coconut. Nothing better than a pot of fresh ground coffee. Dentist appointment then I want to do some shopping. There is an Japanese Marketplace a couple towns over from my dentist I would like to check out. It sounds interesting. I will have to drop hub off first. My dd and I like checking new places out.

"Mitsuwa Marketplace is the largest Japanese Supermarket in the U. S. We have a wide variety of Japanese groceries, general items, electric appliances, cosmetics and all other products at our store. Our restaurants offer exquisite choices of authentic taste of Japan."

"Located on the west side of the Hudson River, Mitsuwa Marketplace, New Jersey store at Edgewater is the largest of all Mitsuwa stores. Once inside the shopping center, you think you are transported to Tokyo! This Japanese superstore will bring you to the heart of Japan when you see our vast selection of Japanese grocery, succulent sahimi & sushi, premium sake to scrumptious Japanese cuisines in the Restaurant Row. In specialty stores located just adjacent to the supermarket, you will find books, cosmetics, Japan-Pop household items, beauty parlor and other convenient services. You are sure to be pleased by a spectacular view of the Hudson River and Manhattan skyline from the comfortable seating area of Restaurant Row. "

Mitsuwa Marketplace here is the link >>> Mitsuwa Marketplace the largest Japanese Supermarket in the U. S.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #9428
Chef Extraordinaire

MM, my sister and I used to go shopping just for the sole purpose of browsing. We loved to go antiquing. But as my legs became worse, we had to limit those trips. Then two Christmas's ago, my daughter bought me a travel wheelchair. It is very light. Even I can lift it with one hand. Our plan was on weekends when she goes shopping, she would take me along and pushing me. I also have a regular wheelchcair, but it is very heavy. Then last summer when she got sick, that plan came to a quick end. So the chair sits there unused waiting for her to become well again. Hopefully this summer. Have fun on your excursion to a new shopping experience.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #9429
Chef Extraordinaire

Counting the minutes 'til noon.
Then it's off to a small gun show. I'm hoping to do a little selling and a little buying
Old 03-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #9430
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Bill, what kind of items would there be a Federal Sales Tax levied? I have never heard of one. Maybe it is because my income has always been on the low side.
From a consumer's perspective a value added tax (VAT) is a sales tax.
It's likely it would start out at a low rate (as did income taxes) and then be increased over time. Perhaps you'd be interested in reading more about it at-
Why a VAT Won't Solve Our Deficit Problems - Newsweek and The Daily Beast