What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PF's migraine, Addie's sore thighs and my bronchitis. Yep, I went to the clinic and just found out what I expected when my cough was getting worse. I am on anti-biotics and nebulizers instead of inhalers. This is really bad news because I just got cleared to go back to the pool from my flank pain and now am told I need to stay away until I am finished the meds and am symptom free for at least 5 days.

Well the good thing is the contractor is back tomorrow morning to finally correct the 6 inch + height deficiency in our fence and I will be resting in bed letting TB deal with it until he goes to work and then the onsite landscaper will be keeping an eye on the work after that. Sometimes feeling miserable has it's perks...but not often. :rolleyes:

Addie, PF and everyone else feeling yucky or sad over animals and other things, I send loving healing thoughts and prayers.

We are sitting here once again waiting for our contractor who stated he would be here at 8 am sharp to fix our fence that he botched up in October. I am feeling rotten and TB got home late from work today but we were both up at 7:00 to be ready and we are still waiting.

I had a much better sleep last night. I turned the electric blanket up, took some herbal remedies and had Violet and Monkey curled up with me. The prescription cough medicine, antibiotic and new cold medicine are helping as well. The clinic doctor wants more blood tests to check on my anemia. Can't he just get the results from the lab or my family doctor? :ermm:

Later I have to go to the vet office for food, Violet's medicine and her special treats (can't run out of those). Her arthritis and allergies are costly, but I really can't complain because of all the love she brings us.

Speaking of love, TB just walked in to my studio with a cup of steaming hot lemon and honey. My family takes such good care of me! :wub:

I have a load of kitchen towels in the washer while I sit here and prep for a condo board meeting tonight. I love the smell of the bleach in the washer.

I am nursing some very painful thighs. I went to physical therapy today.

Ooh, that's too bad. It just sucks when trying to improve hurts. But it's sometimes necessary.

I have a somewhat guarded opinion about Physical Therapists. (Sounds like yours was good). But when a MaryJane Hardbody is my PT I get a little worried. :)

I have a load of kitchen towels in the washer while I sit here and prep for a condo board meeting tonight. I love the smell of the bleach in the washer.

Oh, I remember those board meetings - I loved being involved but am glad I can just sit back and let others do it now. :)

Still tired from our 2 week+a few days vacation out of state. Celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary.

Found the ideal state, location that were going to move/retire to. Can't wait to get there.
We had a great time. All the work that I've been putting into our home will be paying off real soon.Can't beat that with a stick.Maybe poke it just to keep the coals burning.

I love doing this. It's a beneficial use of my financial skills.

I was involved in a Housing Co-op (quite literally from the ground up, actually from the architect's drawings up!) and was able to use my skills at a mortgage company to deal with the contractors and legal end of things. I then headed the Membership Committee, trying to fill up the 72 suites and moved on to Maintenance where I learned a lot. I sat on the board a couple of times and was involved for the 10 years I lived there. I then sat on the strata council of another complex as well.

Here, while we "bought" our place, it is a leasehold (until 2082) so there is a Leasing Company and we don't have a strata. That's why I am happy to sit back. I did love it but served my time. It is frustrating here though where we don't have much say in anything.

Good on you for getting involved, Andy! :)

I have a laundry calling my name needing to move from the washer to dryer. Meanwhile I've got three different meals cooking away, hoping to not have to cook the rest of the week after today's marathon. So many good smells. :yum:

I was involved in a Housing Co-op (quite literally from the ground up, actually from the architect's drawings up!) and was able to use my skills at a mortgage company to deal with the contractors and legal end of things. I then headed the Membership Committee, trying to fill up the 72 suites and moved on to Maintenance where I learned a lot. I sat on the board a couple of times and was involved for the 10 years I lived there. I then sat on the strata council of another complex as well.

Here, while we "bought" our place, it is a leasehold (until 2082) so there is a Leasing Company and we don't have a strata. That's why I am happy to sit back. I did love it but served my time. It is frustrating here though where we don't have much say in anything.

Good on you for getting involved, Andy! :)

Thank you, Ma'am!

The only financial skills I have is spending money.
I just got back from making the rounds to the local gun shops.
And wouldn't you know one followed me home... It's pretty accurate for a little thing.

Now I'm thinking of making a run to the grocery store. I need chocolate syrup and French bread.

The only financial skills I have is spending money.
I just got back from making the rounds to the local gun shops.
And wouldn't you know one followed me home... It's pretty accurate for a little thing.

Now I'm thinking of making a run to the grocery store. I need chocolate syrup and French bread.

Sadly, I have that skill too.

Time for an update from Regensburg!
Frank was released from the ICU Last thursday ;-)
He is making a fast recovery, he walked his first 50m with the crutches today.
He was so exhausted afterwards (no wonder after lying in bed for more than two weeks) that he needed a nap.
After That I organized a Wheel chair and we both made our way to the Hospitals Café where he got himself a huge banana ice bowl ;o)
He won't be able to put any weight in his right leg due to the nailed Upper leg for at least six weeks.
But well… if that's our only Problem ;)

Time for an update from Regensburg!
Frank was released from the ICU Last thursday ;-)
He is making a fast recovery, he walked his first 50m with the crutches today.
He was so exhausted afterwards (no wonder after lying in bed for more than two weeks) that he needed a nap.
After That I organized a Wheel chair and we both made our way to the Hospitals Café where he got himself a huge banana ice bowl ;o)
He won't be able to put any weight in his right leg due to the nailed Upper leg for at least six weeks.
But well… if that's our only Problem ;)

That's wonderful news, Cara! Hoping for a continued speedy recovery for Frank!

Cara, glad to see a very positive update on Frank. I have been thinking of you both and praying for a swift recovery. Hope you are getting some rest as well.

I bet that banana ice bowl tasted good. When I got out of the ICU after my accident that fractured my back, my Mom brought me a Dairy Queen pineapple shake. It was the best milkshake I had ever tasted! That became the tradition after any surgery or hospital stay!

It turns out I am having to keep tabs on the guy repairing our fence as our onsite landscaping guy is short one worker and has to be on the other side of our huge complex replacing him. It's okay as I am feeling so much better than yesterday! And the progress on the fence is pretty good. At least no one will be able to see into our yard and it will be much harder for them to jump over to steal stuff from our freezer....which is now chained and locked, with a security camera over it and two sensor lights that they can't reach to screw out the bulbs like last time. :wacko:

If they do break into the freezer, all they will get is gluten free bread products and several cakes waiting for decorating in the next two weeks.

Cara----- The best of wishes for a quick recovery for Frank. I just don't see how anyone can walk using crutches. Doesn't that hurt the underarm a lot?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom