"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-18-2013, 04:31 AM   #9471
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
The only thing I've managed to do today is make hubbys lunch, clean the kitchen.

Had BIG plans today to finish up my new living room curtains.
Finish sewing the tie backs today. My body tells me no. Too tired, sore after being up and down a step ladder all day yesterday hanging curtains, moving furniture.

My left arm has been numb, tingly since I woke up. Who knows what's up with that. Typing with one hand is an adventure.
Munky, I hope your arm is going to be alright...I would get it checked out if it doesnt improve...maybe you slept on it funny?

Old 03-18-2013, 05:44 AM   #9472
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
ROFL Snip

I read this out to Steve, especially the part about not ironing the back of hubby's work shirts...I said, now that sounds like a good idea....his reply....dont even think about it
I don't get mad, I get even
Best I don't mention what happens to toothbrushes if I'm rubbed up the wrong way

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #9473
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
I can't stand ironing! I would rather scrub toilets
I'm too tall, even at it's highest setting I have to bend down. Kills my back.
I smooth out the washing when I hang it outside and hang everything I can on hangers.
I no longer iron t-shirt, jeans etc. Only iron hubby's work shirts and trousers.
When he makes me angry I only iron the front of his shirt and leave the back he doesn't even notice.
Back in the days before permanent press, I lowered my ironing board so I could iron while sitting in a chair. Lots easier on the back.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #9474
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Back in the days before permanent press, I lowered my ironing board so I could iron while sitting in a chair. Lots easier on the back.
Thank you As soon as I have a kitchen big enough to change my mind in again and all my electrical sockets are not used for boy toys I'll be sure to try that

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #9475
Executive Chef

in my daughter's room on her window ledge sat a small, potted cactus plant. at five year's old, it was her job to water the cactus, but only when the soil was very dry. she had a small watering can, and would go around and water all the various plants on their window sills. she did a good job of it too, and seemed to enjoy caring for the plants and watching new leaves and blooms as they appeared. somehow, though, it seemed she was most intrigued by the little cactus., even though she knew it wouldn't be growing and changing from day to day like most of the other plants in the house. then came the day that i noticed the little cactus had rotted, and its pot was very wet with excess water. when i went to explain to my little girl that her cactus had died, she gave me this conspiratorial smile, and confessed that the cactus had pricked her a number of times with its sharp spines, and so she decided to get even. she said she knew the cactus didn't like water, so she 'drowned' it by watering it every single morning, with purposeful devotion, until justice had been served....
(a revenge story that still gives me chills to recall....think i should have warned her husband? nahhhh) :)
Old 03-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #9476
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
in my daughter's room on her window ledge sat a small, potted cactus plant. at five year's old, it was her job to water the cactus, but only when the soil was very dry. she had a small watering can, and would go around and water all the various plants on their window sills. she did a good job of it too, and seemed to enjoy caring for the plants and watching new leaves and blooms as they appeared. somehow, though, it seemed she was most intrigued by the little cactus., even though she knew it wouldn't be growing and changing from day to day like most of the other plants in the house. then came the day that i noticed the little cactus had rotted, and its pot was very wet with excess water. when i went to explain to my little girl that her cactus had died, she gave me this conspiratorial smile, and confessed that the cactus had pricked her a number of times with its sharp spines, and so she decided to get even. she said she knew the cactus didn't like water, so she 'drowned' it by watering it every single morning, with purposeful devotion, until justice had been served....
(a revenge story that still gives me chills to recall....think i should have warned her husband? nahhhh) :)
Your story reminds me of William March's book The Bad Seed!

I would need to sleep with one eye open!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #9477
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Just ran Mom and my Brother over to their motel room, the furry "grandkids" finally graced Mom with their presence and Latté even let Mom touch her

If I am in another room Baby Brother sounds just like my Dad. They are just waiting to see if there is a load for Denver on Tuesday, if not they will go ahead and leave for home in Wyoming tomorrow.
There are really people who live in Wyoming? I have ridden through Wyoming three times, border to border and all I ever saw were buffalo and one horse.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #9478
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
There are really people who live in Wyoming? I have ridden through Wyoming three times, border to border and all I ever saw were buffalo and one horse.
On the Eastern side, south of Buffalo...
Old 03-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #9479
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I found two pairs of jeans for Stirling. He wears size 50, so most stores don't carry jeans his size.

Now, I'm waiting for a client to bring me income tax papers. I want a nap.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #9480
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Just ran Mom and my Brother over to their motel room, the furry "grandkids" finally graced Mom with their presence and Latté even let Mom touch her

If I am in another room Baby Brother sounds just like my Dad. They are just waiting to see if there is a load for Denver on Tuesday, if not they will go ahead and leave for home in Wyoming tomorrow.
Hope the weather cooperates for you!