"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #9481
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
On the Eastern side, south of Buffalo...
All we ever saw were rolling hill after rolling hill. We began to understand why the buffalo left the plains. Nothing there for them to see. At least in Montana you have mountains, a diner here and there and even a gas station every so often. One time we stopped on the outskirts of Missoula. There was an old rusty gas tank and some man that was even older tending to it. He couldn't understand our Boston accent. Spike couldn't understand his western accent. Spike finally gave up and told me to do the talking. then when we stopped off at a diner, it was full of ranchers. Spike said he wasn't going to go through "that" again. So he just pointed out on the menu what he wanted. I was surprised at how quickly I was able to slip right back into a western accent. You just have to make the sounds come from the back of your throat. That is why I can yodel and my kids can't. Bostonians don't do that. We only use our hard palate to talk.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #9482
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Got Mom and Baby Brother aimed towards Idaho, Dad found them a freight load to pick up there and haul to Denver. Which means Mom will get to stop, see my Sister and her boys before she gets home.

Mom brought me a huge box of my baby pictures and all my annual school pictures, she included lots of scrapbook thingies and a purple leather scrapbook album so I can put them all together. What's the best glue to use on the pictures? I've never done any scrap-booking...I'm not a crafty type person...

Old 03-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #9483
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60
Got Mom and Baby Brother aimed towards Idaho, Dad found them a freight load to pick up there and haul to Denver. Which means Mom will get to stop, see my Sister and her boys before she gets home.

Mom brought me a huge box of my baby pictures and all my annual school pictures, she included lots of scrapbook thingies and a purple leather scrapbook album so I can put them all together. What's the best glue to use on the pictures? I've never done any scrap-booking...I'm not a crafty type person...
There is a special glue tape or tabs you can buy at any hobby or craft store. That would be best.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #9484
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Scan the pix before you put them in a book.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #9485
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
There is a special glue tape or tabs you can buy at any hobby or craft store. That would be best.
Does it have a name?
Old 03-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #9486
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Scan the pix before you put them in a book.
Okay...thanks for reminding me I can do that. There are three 8 x 10's that are original studio pictures. One is actually hand painted with water colors on a sepia tone.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #9487
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Okay...thanks for reminding me I can do that. There are three 8 x 10's that are original studio pictures. One is actually hand painted with water colors on a sepia tone.
Do you have Picasa image organizing software? It's free. A lot of old photos change colour. There's a thing in Picasa that's called "I'm feeling lucky" which applies some best guess corrections (easily un-doable). That did amazing improvements in the colour of a lot of my old photos. Picasa
Old 03-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #9488
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Do you have Picasa image organizing software? It's free. A lot of old photos change colour. There's a thing in Picasa that's called "I'm feeling lucky" which applies some best guess corrections (easily un-doable). That did amazing improvements in the colour of a lot of my old photos. Picasa
I have it now, thanks! I'll have to use Shrek's computer, mine won't link to the printer/scanner.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #9489
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I have it now, thanks! I'll have to use Shrek's computer, mine won't link to the printer/scanner.
Your welcome. I've used it to make some cool collages and assemblies of pix. Here's one from our anniversary in 2011:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Anniversary 2011.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	17426  
Old 03-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #9490
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

That is nice! I hope I can do this justice. I'm really worried about messing up these pictures, but then I remember they are just for me.