"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #9501
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Scan the photos, leave them in an archival box, fiddle with the electronic versions. You can have a book made with the photos arranged how you want them from the scans.

If you want the actual photos in an album, you could attach them with photo corners. Then there is no glue touching the pics. Then you can still take the photos out of the album to look at whatever might be written on the back and easily put the photos back in the album.
I have a whole pile of very old photos and documents for our family tree. I scan them and then put them in plastic sleeves in binders. I have the good quality plastic ones and they keep everything neat, protected and sorted.

The unsorted and not scanned ones are in archival boxes waiting for their turns. I only use printed copies from my digital images to give copies, show or even hang on the wall.

Princess, what a treasure you have received! I am currently putting together family pictures for my two nephews (mainly for their ladies who have requested them). Funny thing about that - my sister, their Mom, is a photographer

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #9502
Certified Pretend Chef

Just came in from digging my car out of another 9" of wet snow so the plow can clean out our parking spaces. Then had to go back out and clean up after the plow so I can have a full width parking space.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #9503
Chef Extraordinaire

It's snowin' and blowin' here, too, Andy. Bitter cold. I don't think we're supposed to get what you guys did though.
I had to re-snap some siding on my house this morning from the winds we got yesterday. It appears March has come in like a pride of lions.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #9504
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
It's snowin' and blowin' here, too, Andy. Bitter cold. I don't think we're supposed to get what you guys did though.
I had to re-snap some siding on my house this morning from the winds we got yesterday. It appears March has come in like a pride of lions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Just came in from digging my car out of another 9" of wet snow so the plow can clean out our parking spaces. Then had to go back out and clean up after the plow so I can have a full width parking space.
Aww, guys I feel for you I really do. We are having severe weather problems here too. I had to close my blinds because the sun was shining on my monitor and I couldn't see what I was typing.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #9505
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
It's snowin' and blowin' here, too, Andy. Bitter cold. I don't think we're supposed to get what you guys did though...

Fred, we don't have the bitter cold or winds you have. It's actually above freezing right now.

This is a lot more snow than we had last year. It was reported that Boston's snowfall level this year is about 26" over normal. Last year it was about 30" below normal. Our levels are similar.

Our contract with the landscaper/snow removal company includes their dealing with a set amount of snow in the annual contract amount. Any amount over that we get charged extra per inch. We're already about 25" over the limit. Fortunately, we budget for overage each year. Some years we have leftover, some years, we don't.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #9506
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
This is going to start sounding like a broken record. I'm working on tax returns. One client came by today to pick up returns.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #9507
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Scan the pix before you put them in a book.

+1 yes, best thing to do
Old 03-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #9508
Master Chef

I am trying to work and there you guys keeping me busy here
Old 03-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #9509
Certified Cake Maniac

This could go under several threads - pets, losing weight, last smile, etc. But I chose this one because it is about something I did!

I had to take Violet to the vet to get her nails trimmed. It wasn't essential but she loves the people there and I thought it was a good thing. But she was very nervous and even pulled away from one of her favourite people! She was more squirmy for them than usual and couldn't wait to get back to the car.

Okay here it is:

To make up for it I decided to take her to the offleash park. I have only gone there once without TB (Joie was with us) and Violet ended up running into me full force and knocked me down. It was kind of the end of my knee and I never thought I could do it again.

The hardest part was getting her from the car (on leash) and into the park. After that we did one round, each of us going our own speed. I think we got close to a half hour of good aerobic workout.

She is asleep beside me and I am feeling really great! I hope I can do this more!

Old 03-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #9510
Chef Extraordinaire

That sounds like something you did today to me, Laurie!