What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silkies! If you ever want a pet chicken---- this is the breed! Someone gave us one, a white one which we named Veronica. We couldn't put her in with the laying hens cuz they'd peck her to death so she had the run of the place.

She decided that when it started to get dark she had to come inside, running back and forth outside the kitchen patio door. So plaintively that we finally brought her in, put a plastic cover over a small table in the kitchen, put a large basket with a handle on it and an old towel under her nether end.

She would stay there all night and never move. If I was late getting up I would hear her plunk down on to the kitchen floor and I'd find her pacing back and forth at the door wanting to get out!

She was a delight but sadly a neighbor's dog got to her and killed her! :(

Any time you want a break you can send a couple my way. I'm pretty sure I'll never be a grandma.

I've been going through a bunch of the many tens of thousands of recipes I've clipped and saved over the decades. Recipes that, when I read them closer, I will never invest the time making. Slowly but surely I'll have all my recipes sorted and organized before I die. I plan on living to 100. Wait, do I hear you laughing? I've got long genes in my family line: a great-aunt to 102, a couple great uncles into their mid-90s, two aunts on Mom's side and one on Dad's also into their 90s. Hmm, starting to sound like I'll have plenty of time to sort recipes...:D

I was beginning to wonder if I'd be a grandma, too...then I was bombarded all at once. :ohmy: :LOL:

CG, I've been trying to go through recipes and re-copy them too, but I just barely get started and it just seems like such a monumental chore. I know they'll never get done if I don't just do it, and I do want to, but it always seems like there are so many other things I "should" be doing. lol. One of these days.... :)

I just finished supervising Shreddy in the yard. He wanted another night time exploration of the yard. We spent about 10 minutes out there. I had to grab my leather jacket. It's all of 8°C (46°F), but feels like 4°C (39°F).

Cheryl, I think next week is the last of the season, but it would be great if you could watch from the beginning of the season (The network site should have them).

I am up once again with my cough. The codeine seemed to stop working so I have stopped taking it and am taking the regular cough syrup. It works, but every time I lay down, or even lay back partially in my recliner, it starts up again. I am sipping on a hot lemon and honey now and hoping that does it.

Violet is lying her beside me as tight at she can get. Monkey is curled up in a ball on my desk and they are both fast asleep. It is so nice that they want to stay close when I am not feeling well.

LP, I have no idea if it works, but one of my FB friends recently posted a link to an article that claimed pineapple juice is five times as effective as cough syrup. I just Googled "pineapple for coughs" and got lots of articles about the benefits of pineapple juice for respiratory problems.

Just got back from grocery shopping. It wasn't raining when I went into the store but it sure was pouring when I came out. I had left the umbrella in the car of course. Oh well, getting soaked will either kill or cure my cold.

Just put a chicken in to brine for dinner tonight.

Then had to sign-up SO and myself for access to new health info accounts because our doctor's practice (we have the same Dr.) has become part of a larger medical group. Now we have to create accounts with that group's website to be able to track our medical information, test results, email communications, etc. online.

Shortly I'm off to get my grandson from school. My daughter signed him up for baseball and he will have his uniform with him tonight for team pictures. I'll grab some pics so SO can see him dressed in it.

I'm watching the Vikings extravaganza on The History Channel. I don't know why they've been advertising the season finale all week on different channels and not the marathon they are running. We all know when the finale is. All I had was a hunch they would run the past episodes one of these days. Oh well.
They are just about done with season one.

I just got back in from outside.
Remember those robins? Well they've been hanging out by the porch since I started setting stuff in their way of building their nest. I've been looking here and there because I know they must have it closeby, but I haven't seen it... until a little while ago. There's a robin's nest laying on the driveway that the winds found for me.

Just got off the phone with the realtor/property manager, and I think we have a buyer for Mom's house! I accepted their counter offer. I feel a wave of a mix of nostalgia and sadness, but it sounds like this young family will love the house as much as I did growing up in it.

Just got off the phone with the realtor/property manager, and I think we have a buyer for Mom's house! I accepted their counter offer. I feel a wave of a mix of nostalgia and sadness, but it sounds like this young family will love the house as much as I did growing up in it.

Wonderful! and Sorry!

Back
Top Bottom