"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-21-2013, 04:56 AM   #9531
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Trying to let the steam dissipate! I received the hospital's bill for my knee replacement in November. They have to have lost their mind. Some of the charges don't even apply, especially charging me for medications that were NOT dispensed to me.

The bill is 6 pages long and will require my complete scrutiny. I'm loaded for bear and will shoot if necessary.
When I read things like this H I realise how lucky I am to live in Wales, we dont even pay for drug prescriptions.I get 2 workouts a week free in the gym fully supervised by Cardiac Rehab nurses.They also provide cardiac diet help and very good support for my wife who has to live with me.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:02 AM   #9532
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
When I read things like this H I realise how lucky I am to live in Wales, we dont even pay for drug prescriptions.I get 2 workouts a week free in the gym fully supervised by Cardiac Rehab nurses.They also provide cardiac diet help and very good support for my wife who has to live with me.
You are lucky! My chronic meds cost as much as my monthly groceries

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:20 AM   #9533
Chef Extraordinaire

We are currently getting a contract done up for an artist to do our graphics for our new game...it is going to cost us $10,000 for the graphics this time...but you need to spend upfront to reap the benefits once the game gets taken by Big Fish Games

For our first 3 games we made all the graphics ourselves but for our last game and this one, we hired an artist as people are expecting top notch graphics in their games these days, so it is best to leave it to the professionals
Old 03-21-2013, 05:22 AM   #9534
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Yesterday was a major shopping day, so now, I'm making a list of new things I've added and thinking of ways to use them.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #9535
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Trying to wake up, Shrek already has the TV blaring away...
Old 03-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #9536
Chef Extraordinaire

I just finished snow blowing the driveway. It's a lovely December day.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #9537
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Today I did the grocery shopping early this morning, got back before the rains started...it has been pretty cold today...love it!

Did some ironing and relaxed on the recliner most of the afternoon

Steve finished up at work today and is on holidays now..we are heading away for a few days on Monday YAY!!

I went and bought a wi-fi Access Point Modem yesterday, so now we can take our tablets away with us too..so I can still sign in here at night after we have been out and about all day on our getaway

Got to still be able to come here
Where are you going?
Old 03-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #9538
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Today I did the grocery shopping early this morning, got back before the rains started...it has been pretty cold today...love it!

Did some ironing and relaxed on the recliner most of the afternoon

Steve finished up at work today and is on holidays now..we are heading away for a few days on Monday YAY!!

I went and bought a wi-fi Access Point Modem yesterday, so now we can take our tablets away with us too..so I can still sign in here at night after we have been out and about all day on our getaway

Got to still be able to come here
Yes indeed. You have three important things in life. Steve, Mum and DC. In that order.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #9539
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
I hear you loud and clear Bolas. I am so grateful for the medical care I get. And none of it cost me one cent. It sure makes old age not such a bad place to be.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #9540
Chef Extraordinaire

I hope I am finally done with all the eye problems. I saw my eye surgeon yesterday for the last time. Don't have to go back for one year. And I FINALLY am able to use my reading glasses. It took less than two minutes to fix them so that I can look right through the center of the lens like I am supposed to. Not over the top. Winthrop provided the transportation to the eye clinic, I went in and the guy made the adjustment right there at the checkin window. DONE! YAY!!! Now I can get back to my sewing. I sure have missed being able to sit and do it for moments of quiet. Now I have to call my daughter and wish her a Happy Birthday. I can't believe I am the mother of a 57 y.o.