What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When a drug gets old enough to become generic, the company that created it loses a lot of revenue because the price drops and no one wants the brand name any more. They create a new drug that is patent protected and start the cycle again.

Yeppers!

I always ask for brand name meds and because my secondary ins is privately funded they will pay for it.

Sometimes a generic is as good as the brand name----- and sometimes it isn't.
Although I'm not a fan of Dr. Oz he gets some things right; This is one of them. It's not just because it happens to fit in with my thinking :cool: but is science based.

"The FDA only requires that you get 80% to 125% of the drug into your bloodstream from a generic medication compared to the original drug. What’s even more concerning is that there are often many different generic versions of the same drug, and each of these may be different as well.

Consider this: If you take a generic which only meets the minimum requirement and refill that prescription with one that’s at the maximum limit, you’ve potentially increased the amount you get into your body by as much as 45% percentage points – and you would have no way of knowing this from the labels, but it could certainly affect you.

The opposite could also happen, and you would be getting a lot less drug than you were previously – which could also affect you."

What You Need to Know About Generic Drugs | The Dr. Oz Show

But if a generic works for you---- then keep taking it, if you want to. I've had some instances where the generic did NOT work for me.

I need to quit playing with my new toys, get off my backside, and go to the greenhouse to buy my plants.

I just spent 30 minutes on the phone ordering a new motor for a roof fan. The good news is I could buy the $140 motor instead of the $650 motor. The possibly bad news is I'll be lucky to remember how to put everything back together.

Just got back from the greenhouse, despite our crappy weather, lots of stuff was already pretty picked over. Usually that doesn't happen until Mothers Day. I wanted a red dracena (spike) and they only had one left in a big pot with a bunch of other stuff. After the saleslady pointed it out to me, a woman came along and said she wanted to buy the pot. Saleslady said to me, oh, I guess you don't get to have it. I'm a bit annoyed with that.

I got some nice tomato plants, peppers, and petunias. Usually I get around 8 flats of plants, this time I came home with only 2.

For Cave, and anyone else who is interested, I did get into my doctor today and she took me off the antibiotic immediately. The other doctor just renewed the original instead of giving me a different one as obviously the Amoxicillin did not do its job in the 7 days I took it. So all it was doing was creating more problems by killing off good bacteria. I just had a nap and already feel better.

My chest is a lot better today as is my breathing. I have only coughed a few times and had a much better sleep last night. As for the pain flare, she increased my flexeril temperarily (it works for the fibromyalgia) and has increased the diuretic officially to 60 mg a day as it seems to be keeping the fluid retention in my legs down a lot.

Just getting those things fixed is going to go a long way in making me feel better and then I can get over this anemia and stop getting bugs!

Never got to do gardening today and it wasn't my fault! I walked into the sunroom to retrieve my gardening shirt (an old dress shirt that Himself doesn't wear anymore) and *splat* a few raindrops above me on the glass. I thought we were supposed to be rain-free today. Looked around at the skies and took the shirt off. Instead of playing online I did do a load of laundry, made a batch of tuna salad, and did various other sundry kitchen jobs. Fresh sheets on the bed too. Tomorrow is supposed to be wall-to-wall sunshine. Probably until I go to put my gardening shirt on...:wacko:

For Cave, and anyone else who is interested, I did get into my doctor today and she took me off the antibiotic immediately. I just had a nap and already feel better.

My chest is a lot better today as is my breathing. I have only coughed a few times and had a much better sleep last night.

That's all great news! Being able to sleep with no coughing is definitively a plus. Fingers crossed you continue to feel better.

I'm making spaghetti sauce.
The sauce is in there somewhere.

Attachments

• very chunky spaghetti sauce.jpg
    very chunky spaghetti sauce.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 153
Sitting here wondering how I'll get through the next week. I got out of bed yesterday morning with a horrendous pain in my left knee.

I could barely walk, even using a cane. Finally went to urgent care this morning where they did x-rays and said there was nothing broken but it was 'probably' a tear in the meniscus of that knee cap and gave me a referral to an orthopedist who will see me in a week with maybe an MRI in my future.

What's almost worse---- I was given a knee stabilizer to wear 24/7 to prevent any twisting of my right leg and the instructions to not walk around.

Well, not walking around is pretty easy (TV, iPad, Kindle) but the damn stabilizer makes it almost impossible to tinkle. And did they not realize how many times I have to tinkle during the day AND night??? OK, TMI

(Men really DO have it easier)

Computer is do-able but uncomfortable. But there is the iPad.

I can't get into my compact car to drive because the stabilizer keeps my leg almost straight!!

ARGHHH! ARGHHH!

Did I say ARGHHHH!!!!?

Right now I don't have the **&)^*$# stabilizer on. Pffffft!

Sitting here wondering how I'll get through the next week. I got out of bed yesterday morning with a horrendous pain in my left knee.

I could barely walk, even using a cane. Finally went to urgent care this morning where they did x-rays and said there was nothing broken but it was 'probably' a tear in the meniscus of that knee cap and gave me a referral to an orthopedist who will see me in a week with maybe an MRI in my future.

What's almost worse---- I was given a knee stabilizer to wear 24/7 to prevent any twisting of my right leg and the instructions to not walk around.

Well, not walking around is pretty easy (TV, iPad, Kindle) but the damn stabilizer makes it almost impossible to tinkle. And did they not realize how many times I have to tinkle during the day AND night??? OK, TMI

(Men really DO have it easier)

Computer is do-able but uncomfortable. But there is the iPad.

I can't get into my compact car to drive because the stabilizer keeps my leg almost straight!!

ARGHHH! ARGHHH!

Did I say ARGHHHH!!!!?

Right now I don't have the **&)^*$# stabilizer on. Pffffft!
Oh dear. I know exactly the problems of wearing one of those braces. I broke my kneecap twice and had to wear the danged brace for six weeks each time. On the other hand, it was better than surgery and/or a cast.

Yes, it makes it hard to sit on the pot. But, if you sit sorta lopsided near the edge, it's not as tricky.

I was allowed to wear the brace loosely at night. I was sleeping on the couch, rather than going up the stairs to the bedroom, where the risks of sharing the bed also had to be considered. I managed to velcro my leg to the back of the couch. :ohmy::LOL:

Good gried cave, how fast do you hop out of bed? :huh: Seriously though, I'm sorry you're hurting. And having to deal with that stabilizer. I had hurt my knee when we were hiking Yosemite and had to wear one of those on the plane from LA to Newark NJ to Providence RI after trying to vacation with it for a week. Not fun. Especially when I had to shower and was allowed to take it off only then. Trust me, you'll get the hang of it. The ER doctor thought I had blown my ACL. Turned out to be just one heck of a sprain, thank goodness. Hope you find out you aren't as injured as first though. Good luck.

Gah! One of my friends took a tumble down her stairs, and was put in an immobilizer as well. Tinkling was a huge problem, they have very tiny bathrooms, and her DH was out of town, so of no help. She has to stick her leg in the shower when she uses the bathroom, the door is set up so she can't sit sidesaddle.

Last edited:
Indeed! Hopefully next time we see her she'll be out of the danged thing.

Cave, I hope you can heal and get rid of your brace soon too!

Last edited:
Dawg, sorry to hear about your friend. That is rough.

I am trying to get Monkey home. She snuck out on me when I was putting my plants out back. The fence isn't totally fixed and she got out under it. I have front and back doors open as she seems to want to come home, just not get caught!

I went out and got some plants and some wool for a new projects and feel not too bad. But I haven't had dinner yet, need to clean the kitchen and slice 7 1/2 loaves of gluten free bread we picked up today. So getting Monkey is not helping. :(

Back
Top Bottom