What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
. As I said---- the War on Drugs is being waged against the wrong people.

This a.m.----

"The decades-long global war on drugs has failed and it's time to shift the focus from mass incarceration to public health and human rights, according to a new report endorsed by five Nobel Prize-winning economists."

"The pursuit of a militarized and enforcement-led global ‘war on drugs’ strategy has produced enormous negative outcomes and collateral damage," says the 82-page report. "These include mass incarceration in the US, highly repressive policies in Asia, vast corruption and political destabilization in Afghanistan and West Africa, immense violence in Latin America, an HIV epidemic in Russia, an acute global shortage of pain medication and the propagation of systematic human rights abuses around the world."

End The War On Drugs, Say Nobel Prize-Winning Economists

:LOL: The wonders of forum-speak. I was responding to what you said and just validating what you said. :ROFLMAO:

Well stop confusing me so early! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I just found out the post office will NOT redeliver a package unless you fill out the backside of that little orange notice and tell them to redeliver it.
Prior to that I found out that there was a backside to that little orange notice. :rolleyes:

You know... you would think if you were not home one day to sign for something they would bring it back the next, or the next, or the next, but that is not the case. You actually have to tell them to bring it back. :wacko:

Well stop confusing me so early! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I just found out the post office will NOT redeliver a package unless you fill out the backside of that little orange notice and tell them to redeliver it.
Prior to that I found out that there was a backside to that little orange notice. :rolleyes:

You know... you would think if you were not home one day to sign for something they would bring it back the next, or the next, or the next, but that is not the case. You actually have to tell them to bring it back. :wacko:

Makes those priority mail fees seem like a real bargain! :furious:

I'm fuming at them now over a book I bought from a vendor in Vermont. I have been watching the item via USPS Track, it started its journey 4/29 in Brattleboro VT then to White River Junction VT, Jersey City N.J., Warrendale PA, Jacksonville Fl, back to Warrendale PA! It left Warrendale PA on 5/4 and has not updated since, all this fun for only $3.99! The expected delivery day is 5/5 :censored:

Last edited:
All my stuff goes through Warrendale, too.

I'm going to call a company here shortly and find out what is up with their shipping. I don't have the tracking number on this computer or I would have called already.

They are in Utah and I bought something from them a couple weeks ago. The Fedex tracking showed the package moving for two days, then it stopped. I had an expected delivery of Saturday, but when Saturday came and went they changed the status to N/A. I got it on Wednesday.

Same thing with a new package that had an expected delivery day of Monday, yet it didn't arrive Monday, Tuesday, nor today yet and they always deliver by 9:00.

Their competitor gets stuff to me three days tops. Many times the following day. I wonder if when these things happen they are using satellite stores and not "real" Fedex shippers.

My husband had ordered me a bouquet of flowers.
His first order wasn't to his satisfaction for what he had paid for them. That batch came by Fed Ex.

He called the flower co, to tell them that that they even though properly cared for by me. The flowers had died after 3 days.

They sent out another replacement. The same order. It came yesterday by UPS.
I was shocked that UPS had the audacity to open and leave a huge hole in the box of a clearly marked box of flowers. They didn't even tape the top back up. When I put the flowers in the vase they were half the size of the originals. Why did they open up the corner of the box anyways? Did they read the personal card that was inside to? Nosy people!

That's not the first time I've noticed that things I've purchased have been opened and inspected re taped closed. Bet they got a kick out of sewing machine supplies.:ohmy:

Munky.

Not UPS but FedEx:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_jkUVgrc0

Can UPS be far behind? But in all honesty I've had pretty good service by both UPS and FedEx.

One time though I had some flowers delivered by one of the FlowerExpress stores? The gate to our property was locked so of course the guy couldn't get onto the property.

So, what did he do? Left the flowers just outside the gate----- and it was a really hot day! They weren't in very good shape when I got home. :ohmy:

The first order came Fed Ex. When I opened the box it was so hot steam was escaping. That's what wiped out the flowers. They never recovered.

Here both UPS and Fed Ex have delivered packages at my door like that. Thrown literally at the door.*THUMP!* Was somebody just having a bad day, or just being lazy?

The woman in the video seemed to have some aggression issues.
SHE was going to toss those boxes first! :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

One of the commenters mentioned the fact that the guy didn't look like a FedEx employee. (No hat, shirt looks like a polo shirt) He might be the guy they are picking up the stuff from. It has to be a pickup, not a a load going out. How would they ever find anything to deliver it?

I think I have Dimentia

Woke up today thinking it was Thursday. Didn't bother making hubby's lunch. I was watering the new lawn, he opened the door and asked me if I had forgotten him? Forget you? What?... Uhhhh I have work today.Well shoot it's not even made. Not even breakfast. Managed to make his breakfast, lunch in 20 minutes flat. Luckily when I picked up his uniforms for the wash they hadn't met the washing machine yet. That was a good save!

Today has been one of those days I had while on vacation. I actually stood under a sign that said *warning known rattle snake location* I stood there like a fool looking around for one! DUH!!!!:LOL:

Did I tell you guys I was mugged by a Wild Mule the next day!!?
True story.The laws looking for that Mule and it's 2 cohorts in crime. We have pics!
These things only happen to me.Must be nap time.

Munky.

:LOL: Looking forward to the pics, Munky!

I got a great deal on a Soda Stream from Dining Downloads through Amazon, and it came today. So far I love it. I planted the mailbox container box, but I'm always wary of planting here before Mother's Day. Had to pick up for the cleaning lady who will hopefully be here tomorrow.

All day I have been having a hard time. I am so achy all over and have no energy at all. I simply do not feel good today. My sleep is all screwed up. Sleep all day, up all night. That is lousy when I have a daytime appointment. Like tomorrow. So I have really been putting some effort into staying awake.

I am thinking of asking for a housekeeper. It is getting harder and harder to do even the simplest chore. The Pirate has been a godsend. When he comes over, he sees what has to be done and just does it. But I can't depend on him all the time. It just isn't fair. He works all day and shouldn't have to come here and do housework.

I have really cut back on the smoking. A pack lasts me for more than 24 hours. Right now I don't have any and I don't care. I am thinking that if Spike brings me a pack tonight I just may give them back to him. It doesn't bother me that I am without, and I really don't want one anymore. I think I just quit smoking. When I take a Chantix, I can't smoke for about six hours after. If I do try to smoke sooner, I get a bad case of the dry heaves. Not my favorite activity.

Time for me to take a shower. I have to get ready for PT tomorrow. I sure hope I feel better tomorrow. :angel:

Addie, I understand the achiness, lack of energy and sleep problems. I send you big but gentle hugs. I hope you have a wonderful sleep tonight and wake up refreshed and pain free.

Yes, get a housekeeper, even just once a week or two. Veteran's affairs paid for one for Dad, even though he was in our house. Two ladies came for one hour every two weeks. They did Dad's bedroom and bathroom and all the common areas. Sometimes they would even do our bedroom and/or bathroom if they had time. It made keeping it up between times very easy.

You take care, you are very important to me and many others here.

Addie, I understand the achiness, lack of energy and sleep problems. I send you big but gentle hugs. I hope you have a wonderful sleep tonight and wake up refreshed and pain free.

Yes, get a housekeeper, even just once a week or two. Veteran's affairs paid for one for Dad, even though he was in our house. Two ladies came for one hour every two weeks. They did Dad's bedroom and bathroom and all the common areas. Sometimes they would even do our bedroom and/or bathroom if they had time. It made keeping it up between times very easy.

You take care, you are very important to me and many others here.

Thanks LP. I did get some sleep in last night, and about a 1.5 hour this morning. I am all dressed and ready to leave for my appointment with PT. :angel:

I am thinking of asking for a housekeeper. It is getting harder and harder to do even the simplest chore.

As LPBeier--- try to get a housekeeper----- if you possibly can. IF you possibly can---- there's absolutely nothing wrong with getting one. it will leave you free to spend more time here at DC, if nothing else.:)

I just finished mounting a new scope... actually an old scope... to a new pellet rifle and sighting it in. Getting kind of hungry now.

It's a gorgeous day and perfect for getting my roof fan back together.
The motor came in yesterday and I got the wiring figured out and mounted it to the base with new nylon nuts from the hardware store.
Then came sliding the blower wheel onto the shaft... and that's when the day went south :wacko:
They sent me a motor with the wrong shaft size, even though I had given the guy the exact numbers off the old motor. Fortunately they make a bushing that will adapt a 1/2" shaft to a 5/8" blower sleeve.
I knew things were going too well :rolleyes:

We're having friends for dinner Saturday night. We try to do theme meals for them. In the past we've done Asian, Cuban, etc. This time we're doing an Armenian themed meal.

I just got back from shopping and my bank account needs CPR. We're having a bulgar and tomato appetizer and lamejun bites for appetizers. We're having lamb shish kebab, pilaf, roasted peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and onions for the main meal and SO is making a summery fruit and pastry dessert.

Lots of coffee, wine and cocktails will seal the deal.

My first job is to butcher the whole leg of lamb I bought.

I threw some presoaked black beans and a meaty ham bone in the CP along with a chopped onion and stuff. I have a can of fire roasted tomatoes that I'll add after the beans soften. Have no idea what I'll end up with, but whatever it is, I'll probably serve it over rice.

Otherwise, I'm being really lazy. It's raining off and on.

We're having friends for dinner Saturday night. We try to do theme meals for them. In the past we've done Asian, Cuban, etc. This time we're doing an Armenian themed meal.

I just got back from shopping and my bank account needs CPR. We're having a bulgar and tomato appetizer and lamejun bites for appetizers. We're having lamb shish kebab, pilaf, roasted peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and onions for the main meal and SO is making a summery fruit and pastry dessert.

I had to look lamjun up------ I've made something like that before but didn't know that's a name for them.

The meal sounds great------ I could eat lamb 5 times a week (when I didn't eat pot stickers. :yum:)

Speaking of Moroccan (weren't we?):
I make a type of salad that I had at a Moroccan restaurant once in San Francisco---- probably a poor imitation but I like it.

Cherry tomatoes cut up
Sliced ripe olives
Soaked raisins or currants
Green onions sliced or sweet onions that have been salted and squeezed out.
S & P
A bit of cinnamon
Maybe some mace

I let the flavors marry for an hour room temp. Then add some pine nuts, maybe.

Obviously the ingredients can be changed up or down plus proportions varied.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom