What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished vacuuming, and I'm grabbing a quick bite to eat. After I eat, I'll finish straightening the kitchen and guest washroom on the main floor. My in laws are coming for a quiet Mother's Day dinner, and hubby is doing all the cooking!

The quick way to find it is by clicking the little box, in the quote, with a chevron/arrow next to the person's name. That will take you back to the original post. I had to do that twice in this case, to get back to where the hydrangeas are mentioned.

That sounded like a really neat hint---- and one I didn't know about.

But it didn't work for me. I still had to plod through a lot of posts to find out the origin. What am I missing here?

But I see Pacanis found a way to keep things a mystery. :LOL: Pac posted on Post # 21002

"Nice tip, Taxy!"

Nothing to say what that tip was and no quote for that little arrow to show up in. :LOL:

Oh, my---- curiouser and curiouser. :ROFLMAO:

But it didn't work for me. I still had to plod through a lot of posts to find out the origin. What am I missing here?

But I see Pacanis found a way to keep things a mystery. :LOL: Pac posted on Post # 21002

"Nice tip, Taxy!"

Nothing to say what that tip was and no quote for that little arrow to show up in. :LOL:

Oh, my---- curiouser and curiouser. :ROFLMAO:

That was for those of us paying attention to the conversation ;)

But it didn't work for me. I still had to plod through a lot of posts to find out the origin. What am I missing here?...
Did you click the box? I put a red arrow. Click it once to see the quoted post. That didn't show me the quote I wanted so, I clicked the box in the quoted text of the post the previous click brought me to. Aha! Hyacinthe!

Attachments

• quote box.jpg
    quote box.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 166
So, I readied the smoker and put the food on. And as I was doing so I saw a rabbit chasing a crow that had landed in the yard. Odd, I thought.
And then I saw the reason. The crow must have invaded the mama rabbit's nest, because it had an extremely small, thin bunny in it's mouth.
I had no idea crows would do that.

So, I readied the smoker and put the food on. And as I was doing so I saw a rabbit chasing a crow that had landed in the yard. Odd, I thought.
And then I saw the reason. The crow must have invaded the mama rabbit's nest, because it had an extremely small, thin bunny in it's mouth.
I had no idea crows would do that.

Crows are scavengers. They along with buzzards clean up the earth of dead matter. If there is none around, then they hunt for fresh meat. :angel:

I went to my daughter's home for an Italian dinner. After we had a long talk about her cancer. She informed me that her memory has been affected to the point that she doesn't remember her childhood. And although the tumor is shrinking, there are little tentacles threads of the tumor that have gone crawling throughout her brain.

I know I have been saying that I always want the full truth. And I sure got it today. Happy Mother's Day. Sure. :angel:

I didn't know crows did that either. Doesn't surprise me much. Did mama bunny get back her baby? Was it still alive?

It was hanging limp in the crow's mouth. It was so small, hamster size, that I'm sure the crow killed it simply picking it from the nest. The crow dropped it when chased, but came back to pick it up after the rabbit ran off. Then it headed into some trees to eat and flew off with the rest. There was another crow in the trees watching.

I went to my daughter's home for an Italian dinner. After we had a long talk about her cancer. She informed me that her memory has been affected to the point that she doesn't remember her childhood. And although the tumor is shrinking, there are little tentacles threads of the tumor that have gone crawling throughout her brain.

I know I have been saying that I always want the full truth. And I sure got it today. Happy Mother's Day. Sure. :angel:

I'm so sorry Addie...:(

It was hanging limp in the crow's mouth. It was so small, hamster size, that I'm sure the crow killed it simply picking it from the nest. The crow dropped it when chased, but came back to pick it up after the rabbit ran off. Then it headed into some trees to eat and flew off with the rest. There was another crow in the trees watching.

Aw...baby bunny.

Hydrangeas. I have 4, my current fave is Endless Summer. I also have a monstrosity that was supposed to be Annabelle, but it's something else, and has totally taken over its allotted corner. We hack it to the ground and it keeps coming back.

LOL Maybe I need to quit being so gentle with mine! You "hack" and I "pamper!"

It may be hard hearing the full truth, but I think she really needs to tell you this. It's probably better in the long run to know, and to be able to talk to her about it. {{{{Hugs}}}}

My step-children's mother died from Hodgkins disease. When she was sick, she told them not to come to visit her, but to wait until she was better and they could better enjoy their visit. She never got better. They were in their early 20s. I don't know if it was better than they didn't see her sick and their memory of her was of a healthy woman, or if they should have spent some time with her before she passed. Sometimes I think she knew she was dying and didn't want them to see her like that, but her family has never forgiven the kids for not coming. It was a decision between them and their mother.

The quick way to find it is by clicking the little box, in the quote, with a chevron/arrow next to the person's name. That will take you back to the original post. I had to do that twice in this case, to get back to where the hydrangeas are mentioned.

This is a post about an old post about hydrangeas. lol

I clicked the box. When I clicked on the first reply (after the first mention of Hydrageas) it took me to a page full of replies with the original message at the top of my screen. Easy peasy AND a good tip, taxy. Later replies, depending on who quoted what don't always go back to the OP (about 'it').

Not that clicking on several boxes is that hard but it would be easier and more understandable if the post just referenced hydrangeas or the original post #.

Now I know a lot about hydrangeas, which I didn't really need to know because I've never planted hydrangeas, but I didn't know I didn't need to know until I knew what 'it' was about! :LOL: A single word (hydrangeas) or post # would have made it all clear.

Not that I think this will change the way it's done here. Oh, no. My mama didn't raise any dumb children.:cool:

Last edited:
;);) back at ya!

And we DO know that everyone here ALWAYS reads ALL the previous posts before commenting, right? ;););)

I was a guilty party in this and I apologize. It happens to me all the time. The first post isn't directed toward me and doesn't interest me enough to pay attention. Then after a few replies, it starts to get interesting and I have to go back and look for the original post and read all the subsequent posts.

Now I want to go out and look closely at my hydrangea to see what it's doing, but I'm still in my nightie!

I was a guilty party in this and I apologize. It happens to me all the time. The first post isn't directed toward me and doesn't interest me enough to pay attention. Then after a few replies, it starts to get interesting and I have to go back and look for the original post and read all the subsequent posts.

Now I want to go out and look closely at my hydrangea to see what it's doing, but I'm still in my nightie!

No need to apologize-----please! Enjoy your hydrangea. Your plants won't mind if you're in your nightgown!

Oh go on! Give the neighbors a thrill! :angel:

Oh go on! Give the neighbors a thrill! :angel:

Nooo! I got dressed and went out. One of the old sticks has a couple green buds coming out. There is a lot of green down at the bottom of the plant, so it's still alive, but I don't know if it will get any actual flowers.

Back
Top Bottom