What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got back from our walk. Forgot to put on the Absorbine Jr., dang, the gnats were bad!

The knife sharpening saga continues. I have now sharpened both chefs knives, a utility knife, a serrated "tomato" knife and two paring knives.

I'm left with boning, bread and carving knives. I have to figure out what to do with two scissors. Then I have to decide if I have the desire to sharpen all my backup knives.

Kinda living on the edge, are you?

I'm so tired this evening - just doing my best to stay awake until at least 9:30. Think I'll look through Netflix in a few and see what I can find to fall asleep to halfway through. :)

Last edited:
Look what I found under a tree in the front yard today! A robin's eggshell! There are babies!

img_1365376_0_33d08c58327a22edff528af2a5e94403.jpg

With love,
~Cat

That is a perfect picture! Love the blue!

I'm watching the neighbours move out and counting the hours/minutes until TB comes home as he will be on holidays for a week! :clap:

I am also consoling a much healthier Violet who is trying to milk all the attention out of being sick for the last few days. But she knows she can get away with it! :LOL:

Thanks for the reminder Taxy, I'd forgotten the meteor shower was tonight. There's a few clouds, but not many, and there's no city lights out here in the boonies. I always wake up a few times during the night, so hoping to get outside during the wee hours and have a look. :)

LP, good to hear that Violet is better! :wub:

Just got done grinding up some bologna for some minced meat sandwiches. I also pick some more green onions from our garden, they are so much better than store bought. Grandson just called and said he will be marching in the parade on Memorial day. He plays the snare drum with his school band.

Just got done grinding up some bologna for some minced meat sandwiches. I also pick some more green onions from our garden, they are so much better than store bought. Grandson just called and said he will be marching in the parade on Memorial day. He plays the snare drum with his school band.

Will you be able to get pictures??? Hope!!!

Well if you must know what I am doing: My neighbor knocked on my door and asked me what I was baking.

Attachments

• 101_0243.jpg
    101_0243.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I am working on ceremony stuff at the computer as I can't go very far with a 65 pound weight on my feet. Violet is better but has decided that we are inseparable, literally. :wacko:

TB is off work until a week Monday and we plan to do things around the house, inside and out. I had hoped to start painting the fence but the rain we got yesterday morning has set me back another several days waiting for it to dry out again and it may still rain some more.

While he is off, we decided to go on a candida cleanse diet which means NO sugar of any kind, no fruit/juice, starches (brown rice is okay) and no dairy except for probiotic yogurt, which I eat a lot of anyway. We do this about once a year - after the week we can start adding in fruit but I am hoping this time I can stay off refined sugar all together.

I have a loaf of sandwich bread in the bread machine; it's almost time to put it in the microwave for its second rise. I also have some flowers and basil to plant in the garden. And a head of romaine! I re-grew it from the base and it has plenty of roots and leaves to be happy out there.

Attachments

• 2014-05-24 14.31.55.jpg
    2014-05-24 14.31.55.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 2014-05-24 14.37.37.jpg
    2014-05-24 14.37.37.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 155
And I just posted that I am not eating fruit or sugar. :ermm:

I guess I am not going to Addie's today :angel:

Well, if you are not going to show up, I will send it over to my daughter's house. It will last all of five minutes there. But I will miss you. When you do come, remember to bring the fur babies with you. They can play with Teddy. He loves to play with kitties and other puppies. :angel:

Last edited:
I decided that the oven needed cleaning so it's on the self-clean cycle doing it's thing. I have two cast iron pans inside that need to be de-gunked and then refinished. My house is taking on a funky odor. oh well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom