What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. How much leaf did you leave on top?

Quite a bit. It needs the leaves for photosynthesis to feed root growth. This is the one I just started.

Attachments

• 2014-05-25 13.44.08.jpg
    2014-05-25 13.44.08.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 147
Quite a bit. It needs the leaves for photosynthesis to feed root growth. This is the one I just started.
Ah! You tore leaves off the outside and regrew from the middle leaves.

I have been cutting down to about two inches. Next head of Romaine gets the leaves torn off. That's usually how I use lettuce.

Ah! You tore leaves off the outside and regrew from the middle leaves.

I have been cutting down to about two inches. Next head of Romaine gets the leaves torn off. That's usually how I use lettuce.

Yes. I like my salad to have both the dark and light green parts of the leaves in it, so I tear off the leaves and then cut them into pieces.

Okay. I have decided to get the Roomba right after I get my SS check. I have enough right now and if I order it from the company, no shipping charges and no sales tax. But my inner voice tells me there just might be other charges, so I can wait another week when I will have enough for sure. And if I don't need more money, then what I put into my savings can do toward my wish list.

The Roomba is a "must have". I no longer can attempt to use the vacuum. And I hate asking the kids to do it all the time.

Now I swore no more kitchen gadgets for me. But I do have one more item on my wish list. A bread maker. I have wanted one since they came on the market. So once I get my Roomba, I will start to save for that. And then NO MORE KITCHEN STUFF!

I promise! :angel:

After a tough first cat-less day I decided I needed a little time in my Happy Place. Or at least a Happy Place with no alcohol. :ermm: :ohmy: :LOL: Who thought it would be this hard to not want a cat underfoot while cooking. :(

I wish I could report that I got a lot done in the week I've been gone. Unfortunately, the better part of that time was nursing sick LittleBit. I did get 1/3 of the garden in front of the porch done. I'll post "before" and "after" pics when it's all done.

What am I doing. Hmmm....

I am listening for the umpteenth time today the sirens going up the highway for yet another accident. Here it is one am and yet it is still going on. And tomorrow will be even worse as everyone is trying to get home in time so they can get some sleep for work Monday morning. And most of them will be drunk from to much holiday celebrating.

Don't these folks know how to enter a highway on a major highway yet? Thank heavens I am not a drinker nor do I drive. Nor do I climb into a vehicle with anyone I don't trust behind the wheel. :angel:

I just finished making potato salad for my Memorial Day cookout. It's just the two of us, but we will be cooking hamburgers and corn on the cob. It's been a beautiful weekend! When I was still working, the long holiday weekends were always rainy. Then the first day back to work the sun would come back out!

Back
Top Bottom