What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol! Urp is right! Looks delish!

Geesh! Nobody like a showoff! You could have at least brought me along. I like crepes also you know. :angel:

Bet that was fun, Dave! :)

It was great. Small sampling portions so we shared and didn't fill up too fast. I hope you could read the descriptions of the ones we tried.

The one we likes the BEST was a tie between the Krumkake in Scandinavia and the Brie et Marmelade d'Orange crepe in France. The worst was the Poulet Cordon Bleu Crepe...just no flavor. (First set of photos)

I really really liked the Gazpacho con Ceviche in Spain..that was awesome..but B is allergic to seafood so that was a me-only tasting. I didn't want to share that one anyway... WAY too good.

Last edited:
I just harvested some produce from the backyard - about 2 pounds of green beans and 1/2 pound of unshelled peas, plus a couple of Roma tomatoes. A neighbor's son kept the garden watered while we were away. Time to blanch and freeze the beans.
Bountiful Harvest! :yum: Seems so early to us here, garden produce is just starting to come up in SE South Dakota. If this rain would stop & the sun would come out one of these days.....

Feeling a bit down in the dumps...my brother (only sibling) hasn't been doing too well, a combination of medical and emotional issues. :( Sorry to put a downer here....might be a couple of days before I'm back.

I'm so sorry, Cheryl...good thoughts for you and your brother.

I have the most miserable chest and head cold. "If I had pneumonia, do you think I would be talking to you so calmly? I am not stupid, I know what signs to look for if I had pneumonia."

Are you sure it's not whooping cough? There's quite a few cases now through-out the U.S. (Or maybe you've been vaccinated for it?)

Are you sure it's not whooping cough? There's quite a few cases now through-out the U.S. (Or maybe you've been vaccinated for it?)
Seems improbable to me that it was whooping cough because they heard her cough on the phone and thought it might be pneumonia. Whooping cough is pretty distinctive. OTH, I don't know if some people with whooping cough don't whoop.

BTW, there is an epidemic of whooping cough in California at the moment, but 85% of the people who got it were immunizied. Immunized People Getting Whooping Cough | KPBS

It is not whopping cough. I know what whooping cough is and sounds like. At 75 y.o. I think I am a bit old to get it, and I wouldn't be sitting here at the computer if it was.

I went into the good morning thread and because of pictures being stretched out it made it very difficult to use the site. So I just wanted to wish all you gentlemen I Happy Father's Day. Here's hoping everybody waits on you and what and this gives you the attention you all deserve. Where would we be without our daddies.

I think Dragon is finally learning to recognize my voice and accent. It's nice to just sit here and talk to the computer and have it type out everything I am saying. But this constantly calling for a period is a pain. It still screws up sometimes but it's getting used to me. I still have to go back to make some corrections. :angel:

Seems improbable to me that it was whooping cough because they heard her cough on the phone and thought it might be pneumonia. Whooping cough is pretty distinctive. OTH, I don't know if some people with whooping cough don't whoop.

BTW, there is an epidemic of whooping cough in California at the moment, but 85% of the people who got it were immunizied. Immunized People Getting Whooping Cough | KPBS

You are right. I gave them a really good cough. And those with whooping cough do whoop! It is a terrible sound. I know whooping cough when I hear it. I had all my DPT shots including all my boosters as a child. And later during the childbearing years also. I also made sure my kids got what shots were available at the time. Unfortunately the measles and chicken pox immunization was not available before they contacted the diseases. I simply do not understand parents who do not believe in protecting their children.

All I have is a stinking summer cold in my head and chest. I will survive it. But right now I feel miserable. :angel:

Almost had that pesky Gopher.Missed him bythismuch.I'm on a mission with the shovel.Those little things are fast.Can't wait to WHAP him!

It owes me over 100 flower bulbs and a newly planted front lawn.The dogs will break their legs if they step into one of those holes.

I know where he lives, where he sleeps,what time he comes around.Tomorrow is another day.:angel:

Almost had that pesky Gopher.Missed him bythismuch.I'm on a mission with the shovel.Those little things are fast.Can't wait to WHAP him!

It owes me over 100 flower bulbs and a newly planted front lawn.The dogs will break their legs if they step into one of those holes.

I know where he lives, where he sleeps,what time he comes around.Tomorrow is another day.:angel:

I sympathize with anyone who has a gopher problem in their yard/garden. I'm a self-declared expert about how to deal with gophers, having had property in Gopher Heaven. (The soil had nary a pebble in it, sandy loam--- perfect for growing things and perfect for gophers. :()

But although I'm the 'expert' ----- the gophers won, paws down! We tried everything (except lion dung) and they just kept on keeping on. Sorta funny (not really) to see your beautiful plants start to shake and disappear underground in just a couple of minutes.

It got so I would plant about 1/2 again as many veggie plants as I wanted so the gophers could take their share! But of course, that would be the year that they decided not to eat that type of veggie but all the others! $&@%#

So I would have bushels and bushels of peppers and almost no green beans. $@%@W

I picked my first tomato of the season! Granted, it was a Sweet 100 cherry, but none the less exciting! A baby bunny is living in my enclosed raised bed veggie garden, and has a tunnel underneath one of the containers. At least I hope it's just one baby bunny. Mama apparently lives under a nearby hosta behind the blueberry shrub.

I watered the plants, (we were supposed to get an all-day rain, it was just hot, dry and windy) and found a 5 foot long shed snake skin underneath a hosta. I had to torture DH with it.

Last edited:
I've lived here since '96 and haven't had a run in with a snake. Tonight my neighbor knocked on our door and said that a snake slithered under my car and he thinks that it went up into my wheel well. I sent Rob out with a rake and hedge trimmers and he and the neighbor tried to find it, while I cowered behind the storm door (This is kind of a role reversal for us, but SNAKE). They had no luck finding it.

Maybe I'll just burn my car...

:LOL: I hear snakes like to climb from the wheel well into the engine, and from there, under the front driver's seat...

Aww, c'mon, Bakechef, snakes are good! Apparently they don't eat baby bunnies though.

:LOL: I hear snakes like to climb from the wheel well into the engine, and from there, under the front driver's seat...

Aww, c'mon, Bakechef, snakes are good! Apparently they don't eat baby bunnies though.
It was probably a garter snake and a baby bunny would be a bit big for one of those.

And to think I used to like you!

I'm hoping that there isn't a way to get into the passenger compartment... I hope that it isn't peeking at me through a vent hole in the morning!

me...

Attachments

• snake.jpg
    snake.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 181
And to think I used to like you!

I'm hoping that there isn't a way to get into the passenger compartment... I hope that it isn't peeking at me through a vent hole in the morning!

Just don't forget your rake and hedge shears!

ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1402885292.469255.jpg

My snake skin. I broke it from hauling it from under the hosta. I'm mailing it to Bakechef.

Well, I think it's cool!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom