"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #9931
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Watching the Red Sox beat the Yankees for the second game in a row to start the season.
I will have to watch the 11 o'clock news. YEA! Sorry New Yorkers. (No I'm not!)

Old 04-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #9932
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Thanks to all for the great advice. Feeling better today, not as miserable as last night. Spending an hour in the pool tonight helped. The support at DC is just plain wonderful!! Thanks again!!
So good to hear, SB! Sorry you had such misery. I would spend as much time in the pool as possible, the warmth and exercise would help.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #9933
Master Chef

I finally got to hang the sheets and pillowcases outside today. It was a beautiful sunny and breezy day. Oh, what a fresh smell.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #9934
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
I finally got to hang the sheets and pillowcases outside today. It was a beautiful sunny and breezy day. Oh, what a fresh smell.
Oh, how I envy you. Can't do that living in this building. My daughter has a real long clothesline. She hangs out her laundry every chance she can get. And she is on the second floor, so the wind really gets to them. She has one of the those new type washers and dryers. Front loaders. They look beautiful, but the don't give the laundry that beautiful fresh smell.

I know folks think I am weird. But I love laundry. The smell of fresh cloths and towels that have been hung outside. Ironing them. Just folding the sheets when you bring them in all dry from the sun and wind.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #9935
Chef Extraordinaire

I just finished taking the plastic down from around my side porch. It will be nice to have my view back. I just hope I didn't take it down too soon.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #9936
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
We cant hang our sheets outside at the moment as we have a bottlebrush tree right near the washing line...it was here when we bought the house and it is filled with bees most of the year

They fly all around the tree and way beyond too and fly all over the washing line...we have so many yellow stains on our sheets and washing from them grrrrrr, so now I have to hang all the washing in the garage, to avoid the stains!

We have considering getting rid of the tree but it is so big and does look nice...also nice privacy from the next door neighbor...so it is a bit frustrating...

It is so nice and sunny out there right now...would love to have the sheets in the sun
Old 04-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #9937
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
We cant hang our sheets outside at the moment as we have a bottlebrush tree right near the washing line...it was here when we bought the house and it is filled with bees most of the year

They fly all around the tree and way beyond too and fly all over the washing line...we have so many yellow stains on our sheets and washing from them grrrrrr, so now I have to hang all the washing in the garage, to avoid the stains!

We have considering getting rid of the tree but it is so big and does look nice...also nice privacy from the next door neighbor...so it is a bit frustrating...

It is so nice and sunny out there right now...would love to have the sheets in the sun
Do you get humming birds visiting the bottle brush tree? They used to visit the one we had in California.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #9938
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Took a swing around the yard and saw all the little bulbs finally coming up, some are flowering. Beagle and I just got back from our walk, and the weather is Springlike! Hope it lasts.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #9939
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Do you get humming birds visiting the bottle brush tree? They used to visit the one we had in California.
No, not hummingbirds, but we do get New Zealand Honey Eaters...they love the tree
Old 04-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #9940
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Took a swing around the yard and saw all the little bulbs finally coming up, some are flowering. Beagle and I just got back from our walk, and the weather is Springlike! Hope it lasts.
Great idea I think we will do the same!