What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably 3-4 days worth. Hence the "dusting" of the components since I use just one bag of coffee type at a time. Obsessive Me washes between bean types even though I know it's probably not an issue to keep on going, waiting to wash things up only when they look in danger of clogging. After all, I DO mix my grounds when I'm almost out of one type and move on to another! lol!

Huh. Watching America's Got Talent, and saw a guy let 5 rose tarantulas walk on his face. Big deal. Roses are the most mild-mannered spiders you could ever meet, and they're beautiful. The judges thought it worthy to let him go on to the next round due to the creep out factor. I think there are other better talents.

Last edited:
Agreed, Dawg. Watching it now, but missed some of it. Did you see the contortionists and the group of young girls singing...omg...what are the judges thinking...? Still watching here... :)

I was thinking of all of you and maybe an adjustment on a recipe.
Cat sends her love, they are heading to other countries don't know where yet.

Last edited:
I am surfing the web at 2 am, not able to sleep because of rib pain still. It is getting better, but still difficult to sleep. I have Violet on her bed beside me and Monkey on a chair behind me, both fast asleep. I love the fact that they stay close when I am up late.

I am making a list of all the things that need to get done for our ceremony, around the house and just in general. TB sure worked hard in our "back yard" this weekend. I am so proud of him and our friend/neighbour who planted my garden for me. I now have a really nice, peaceful place to relax this summer. And the hot tub is really helping relax me.

Well I am hoping to get to sleep soon so I can get to the Y for a pool walking session.

I just had my summer tires/wheels put on the car and an oil change and they checked that nothing else needed to be done. Kinda late in the year, but I had other things going on.

Went shopping this morning and came home with 4 kilos of goosegogs (gooseberries to the uninitiated). I didn't actually mean to buy that many but I get confused when trying to convert lbs and ounces to kgs in my head. I will be making 6lbs of them into gooseberry jam and freezing the rest for gooseberry sauce to serve with mackerel, gooseberry pie or crumble to eat in the winter and to remind me of this glorious hot summer. When I got home I went for a walk to pick some elderflowers to add to the goosegogs as they add a special something to the jam.

Too hot at the moment (18.00hours) so will wait to make the jam when it's cooled off a bit.

I'm going to make some marmalade as well as I didn't get round to it in the winter. I'll be cheating though as I'm using canned cooked marmalade oranges - just add sugar and water, cook to setting point and pot. Making marmalade from scratch with Seville oranges is a long-winded nightmare so I'm quite happy to let Messrs Hartley do the leg work for me!

Went shopping this morning and came home with 4 kilos of goosegogs (gooseberries to the uninitiated). I didn't actually mean to buy that many but I get confused when trying to convert lbs and ounces to kgs in my head. I will be making 6lbs of them into gooseberry jam and freezing the rest for gooseberry sauce to serve with mackerel, gooseberry pie or crumble to eat in the winter and to remind me of this glorious hot summer. When I got home I went for a walk to pick some elderflowers to add to the goosegogs as they add a special something to the jam.

Too hot at the moment (18.00hours) so will wait to make the jam when it's cooled off a bit.

I'm going to make some marmalade as well as I didn't get round to it in the winter. I'll be cheating though as I'm using canned cooked marmalade oranges - just add sugar and water, cook to setting point and pot. Making marmalade from scratch with Seville oranges is a long-winded nightmare so I'm quite happy to let Messrs Hartley do the leg work for me!

My Mom's Aunt (from Leeds) loved gooseberry jam. I remember as a child trying it and not liking it but had some later in life and really enjoyed it.

I made marmalade for my Mom one year for Christmas. I didn't have a clue how much work it was before I started. She was thrilled and amazed as I gave her 12 jars! Yes, a lot of work, but a labour of Love!

Getting ready to play with my LEM.
Were going to grind up 20Lbs of pork shoulder butt for breakfast sausage.
20Lbs beef round knuckle for ground beef.The butcher has some nice fat pieces ready for me to pick up and use. Hope he doesn't try con me into trying to make sausages today.Knowing him he's already got the casings ready to! :ermm:

Still have to make hubby's lunch.It's going to be a long day.

Got a call from the library that my book was in, so I just went and picked it up. Lots of traffic this time of day. Now I am just waiting to meet one of my grand-daughters and her family. We are going to Happy Joe's for pizza. Yum!

I have been doing and folding laundry all afternoon. It is not that we have that many dirty clothes....I am trying to get everything (sheets, towels, etc.) done before a form work friend of TB's picks up our washer & dryer and we wait for our new ones to be delivered a few days later.

We ordered a top of the line LG set, front loading with pedestals so that it will be easier on my back. I didn't need the top of the line, but it was on sale and TB said I deserve it! :blush:

Oooh, I used to love my grammy's gooseberry jam and pie. Haven't had it in decades.

I'm relaxing'. :) Dinner is done, kitchen is clean, laundry folded and put away. Going to go for a walk around sunset.

Only if the sun isn't up yet...In my case, it isn't.

On Edit: The sun just peeked over the mountain...<insert ELO>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom