What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just picked up the fixins for a big 15 bean soup. The beans are soaking until morning.

I love making this meal. It makes the house smell so good!

I just finished up getting my chili going. Nothing left to do now but let it simmer down, add a few more ingredients, simmer some more, rest it and then eat it. I started it so early so it would be like resting it overnight by the time I'm ready to have some.

The day turned out nice, so DH, beagle and I went for a walk in the woods to look for Hen of the Woods. We emerged to find a bunch of emergency vehicles on the highway, lights flashing. A three car accident. Someone had pulled out in front of a neighbor from a side road and plowed her car into another one that was for sale on the side of the road. Thankfully, no-one was badly hurt. Her car was totalled. The other two cars didn't look as bad.

I'm wondering why the former members' pictures they recently added aren't showing up anymore. I must have clicked on that page three times to refresh it.

just hunkering down in the gloomy weather. did mop kitchen floor. did some knitting on my christmas gift for granddaughter. mostly cause phone was out and with it my dsl. california doesn't handle rain well. cables were flooded. took guy four hours to fix it.

Is this how boring typical Monday nights are? Good lord. . .I feel like time is dragging, but not tired enough to sleep because of an epic nap after work. So, I guess being bored is exactly what I'm doing. Glad to have the day off tomorrow.

Is this how boring typical Monday nights are? Good lord. . .I feel like time is dragging, but not tired enough to sleep because of an epic nap after work. So, I guess being bored is exactly what I'm doing. Glad to have the day off tomorrow.

Ya gotta be here on the weekends...BIG party!!!

Naps are your friend. I spend time with my friend most days.
I used to have to fight sleep at work, for many, many years during boring meetings and chart reviews. Now, when I get the urge to close my eyes and drift off, I just do so.

Naps are a primary element in mental health.

I used to have to fight sleep at work, for many, many years during boring meetings and chart reviews. Now, when I get the urge to close my eyes and drift off, I just do so.

Naps are a primary element in mental health.

Sometimes I sit down to catch up on sports stuff late in the afternoon and the next thing I know, the 6:00 news is on and I have to think about dinner.

waiting for the dryer tech. to take a look at my dryer. see if it is worth fixing. have some mess from the turkey dinner last night. change sheets and put the electric blanket on. getting cool at night now. finished scarf yesterday, need to put fringe and findings on it. found really cute ones on line at joann's. nothing exciting but it fills the day.

Lots going on today.
First visit to a dentist in 14 years or so.
Chased down a part for my leaf blower that the new style of gasoline eats away.
Chatted with the neighbor for a while. We are going to build a shooting range.
Was on the phone with Verizon Wireless again, trying to find out why they said they cedited my credit card on Oct 25th, but the credit card company is not showing the refund... always a fun time. Much simpler to file a dispute with them than trying to understand their customer service rep bumbling around, so I called my cc issuer back and said to send me the paperwork.
And now I'm going to take a walk.

Looking at my new Pic of patron...he is getting to be such a character. We had fun playing in the leaves again today and racing up and down the sidewalk. He's reached 2 pounds, finally!

Attachments

• Patron gaze.jpg
    Patron gaze.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 185
cute doggie, fee. i like his little smile. :)

although he looks like he could receive telemetry from a sattelite in orbit with those ears, lol.

cute doggie, fee. i like his little smile. :)

although he looks like he could receive telemetry from a sattelite in orbit with those ears, lol.

Aren't those ears terrific! He is just so much fun and I don't care for little dogs...but this one has me wrapped around his paw.

I'm sitting here looking at the yummy pics across the top of the main forums page. Nice addition.
I'm also wondering why the pics are from people who no longer post here, if they even posted at all :huh:

i like the random images (yummy food pics) addition too! i would like to nominate msmoffet's recent pic of a beautifully plated london broil supper as a candidate to appear in this food picture collection....:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom