What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got done with Thursday cleaning and laundry and went shopping. When my son was home from Denver we went to some store's. I got some ideas for his Christmas presents. I went back this morning to get the shirt he was looking at and it was gone in his size. He is 6 ft.2 and weigh's 230, but thank goodness I found it in his size at another store. :) I am glad I am finally in the mood to Christmas shop.

Last edited:
i just finished "under the dome" by stephen king. what a great trip it was. now i need to get back to tidying up my house. have done almost nothing except read this book for the last four days. try it.

Watching the football game. I finally get to see Tebow live. Crucial game for both teams, but moreso the Jets.

Oh, almost 12 hours to the minute...

I am waiting for the UPS truck. I am expecting my Kindle Fire today.
Whoo-Hoo.

Since I decided to retire (nobody wanted to give me a job!) I've been putting all my efforts into my house to maybe win back some of the depreciation from the economy crash. Inside, along with a thorough cleaning, I am replacing all the screens with pet resistant material, I took down my bedroom curtains and washed them, removed the old (dirty) white 2-inch metal blinds that came with the house and replaced them with 1-inch dark walnut wood blinds, and put the curtains back up. It looks like a different room. I still need to get someone in to steam clean my couch and love seat. The floors are either hardwood or ceramic tile, so the rugs I can clean with my little Bissel machine.

Outside, I am removing all the grass as soon as I can figure a way to get a good sized roto-tiller home from the rental place. Then I will be laying down weed barrier fabric and some red bark ground cover. My plans are some flowering shrubbery, a Zen garden in one corner, maybe a water feature, but definitely a nice, big flowering cherry tree right smack in the middle and a meandering stone path through it all. In the back yard I only have an eight foot by 30 foot grass strip, so that will be small fruit trees, maybe 4 of them. My neighbors have 3 lemon trees that they said I can pick any time I want, so I'm thinking navel orange, peach, plum, and maybe pear.

I don't know what I'll be doing next week...

Just finished watching Regis and Kelly. It was very touching. Wondering who will take his place........

nuts! i meant to watch that, forgot all about it this morning. katie couric had a regis special the other night--bet him ten dollars that he would cry on the farewell show--regis said no way! did he cry?::)

nuts! i meant to watch that, forgot all about it this morning. katie couric had a regis special the other night--bet him ten dollars that he would cry on the farewell show--regis said no way! did he cry?::)

I saw that with Katie. I never did see Regis cry but he wiped his face a few times. Kelly sured cried. Her eyes were bloodshot lol.

Last edited:
Oh so cool! You will have to tell me how you like it.

I LOVE it!
It's quite a bit heavier than the original Kindle. Pretty much navigates like a touchscreen smart phone. Very crisp display. Very fast. You can not only change your font, you can change the way it displays, such as black on white background, white font on black, or what seems to work well for me now, in a bright room, black on manilla background. It's not pearl e-ink, but it takes away the harshness of such a stark contrast.

I've been playing with it about an hour and am close to halfway through the guide. I'm very comfortable with it already.

OH MAN! I'm so jealous!!! I think I'd get a pretty grumpy reception if I put a Kindle Fire on my Christmas wishlist after going through all the issues with the one I have now. Phooey!

Our credit union changed bill payer software a week ago so I spent the morning updating some lost info and re-establishing some autopay and autobill accounts before I miss a payment.

Yesterday when I was "grazing" in my area Salvation Army thrift store, they had a mountain of fresh pie pumpkins that they were giving away. Well, I didn't have to think twice. I picked two really nice ones, but all of them were absolutely perfect I didn't have to choose too carefully.

So....I just finished roasting them for pumpkin puree. I put the pulp through my food mill and I ended up with 8 cups of the most beautiful pumpkin puree. Right now I have it in a coffee filter-lined strainer to drain. We're going to have some really yummy pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving dinner. The rest goes into the freezer.

playing catch up on chores. washing clothes, and general pick up. have a couple projects that need to be finished. putting fringe and jewelry findings on the scarf i knitted for granddaughter 's christmas gift. i make pencil holders from empty containers of crystal light tea, etc. i cover with fabric using a glue stick. these are for great granddaughters and one for my self or maybe two. these are quick and fun. i vary the prints, colors of fabric. i am using three now in various rooms. i should start another scarf. maybe on the week end. busy!busy!

Went to Sam's this morning to get milk and they were having a big sample day. I had lamb and Brussels sprouts for the first time in my life. I thought the lamb chop was a little dry but tasted OK, I liked the Brussels sprouts. I will have to find out how to cook them.

Waiting the last few minutes until I take the turkey (stuffed) out of the oven. Then, making gravy while it rests.

I put the stripped neck bones in beside the turkey to roast and just added it back to the giblet broth for a really rich stock for the liquid in my gravy.

I'm HUNGRY!!!

Waiting the last few minutes until I take the turkey (stuffed) out of the oven. Then, making gravy while it rests.

I put the stripped neck bones in beside the turkey to roast and just added it back to the giblet broth for a really rich stock for the liquid in my gravy.

I'm HUNGRY!!!

me TOO!!!:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom