What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, it always seems like a small group that's affected. It's the same with my Atrix 2. I think the battery life is great, but a few have issues.

I'm pretty happy with them, but some movies are much better quality than others.
I wonder if Amazon can stream movies to a TV now somehow? I know thay can stream them to my Fire.
There's probably a review on steaming services somewhere.

I have my TV connected to my PC through the video card slot for HDMI. The cable goes from there, directly to my HDMI slot on the TV. The video quality is great for me on my 36" Flat Screen. I use an IOGEAR wireless mouse with a pointer feature to control it on the screen of the TV.

I am at DD's house with granddaughter #1 waiting to hear about the arrival of granddaughter. #2. C-section was scheduled for 7:30 am. Almost 8:30 now, should hear soon. Then off to hospital later this a.m. so big sister (2yrs old) can meet baby sister. Wish me luck finding my way around metropolis, lol! Thank goodness for gps on my phone. ;-)

I am at DD's house with granddaughter #1 waiting to hear about the arrival of granddaughter. #2. C-section was scheduled for 7:30 am. Almost 8:30 now, should hear soon. Then off to hospital later this a.m. so big sister (2yrs old) can meet baby sister. Wish me luck finding my way around metropolis, lol! Thank goodness for gps on my phone. ;-)

Good luck on your trip to the hospital, and congratulations on your new family member! Oldest sister will never let youngest sister forget that she was seen by her elder sister just after birth! It's always great to have older siblings to assist with learning this crazy world we all live in.:wacko:

Great news Somebunny! Congratulations.

I'm sitting here trying to cram some food into me so I can take some ibuprofen for my headache. I learned the hard way that empty tummy and pain meds do NOT mix. We woke up to some new snow, so that explains the headache. I wonder how many other folks have a weather vane in their heads?

Can I subscribe to Netflix and stream it from my computer to my TV? Do I need a special TV for that?
I know this is late and that conversation is over, but thought I would put in my 2 cents from a Canadian perspective!

Tony knows better on all of that stuff but I think you just need the in/out ports to hook the computer to the TV. Our TV is about 3 years old and not a fancy LED or plasma one and we hook the computer up to watch streamed shows all the time.

We found that Netflix here in Canada has a limited selection, but it depends what you are interested in watching. We get disks mailed to us from Rogers - Not as high tech, but then we get to see any special features on the disks! :)

Last edited:
Thanks Tim, just got word.....perfect little Chloe is here!

Congratulations, Somebunny! Chloe is a beautiful name. I am glad all went well.

I'm sitting here trying to cram some food into me so I can take some ibuprofen for my headache. I learned the hard way that empty tummy and pain meds do NOT mix. We woke up to some new snow, so that explains the headache. I wonder how many other folks have a weather vane in their heads?
I have one in my knee and back. I can tell it is going to rain way before the weatherman and my success rate is much higher! :wacko: :LOL:

I find if I can't get food down I can take the meds with vegetable juice or a big glass of milk and I am fine. Hope your headache, and snow, go away soon!

Alix said:
We have a Wii, but I can't hook it up to our wireless network. Someone just told me I might have to buy some adapter thingy for it. I could use that to get Netflix I'm pretty sure. And I know I could hook my laptop up to the TV, I don't know if it has HDMI output though.

Wondering why you can't hook your Wii up to your wireless network. Ours is hooked up that way. I can access the Internet through it, tho I have never streamed Netflix, but I understand you can do that with your Wii.

I have my TV connected to my PC through the video card slot for HDMI. The cable goes from there, directly to my HDMI slot on the TV. The video quality is great for me on my 36" Flat Screen. I use an IOGEAR wireless mouse with a pointer feature to control it on the screen of the TV.

That might be something to look into for one of my extra computers. PS3 is constantly updating and keeps me from turning it on a lot. All I would need to do is get a video card with the HDMI output.

Thanks Tim, just got word.....perfect little Chloe is here!

Chloe, pretty name.

Wondering why you can't hook your Wii up to your wireless network. Ours is hooked up that way. I can access the Internet through it, tho I have never streamed Netflix, but I understand you can do that with your Wii.

No one seems to be able to answer that question. Not my techie friends, nor the Nintendo folks. Someone just mentioned to me that it might be my router...and I might need some adapter thing. Lordy, too much STUFF. If I can make it work with my laptop, that will be MUCH easier.

I have one in my knee and back. I can tell it is going to rain way before the weatherman and my success rate is much higher! :wacko: :LOL:

I find if I can't get food down I can take the meds with vegetable juice or a big glass of milk and I am fine. Hope your headache, and snow, go away soon!

Thanks much! I have found it can't be juice or milk, it MUST be food. And my all time biggest pet peeve is waking up with a headache and not having done anything to deserve it! :rolleyes: The Advil is kicking in now, I should be good to go for work tonight.

No one seems to be able to answer that question. Not my techie friends, nor the Nintendo folks. Someone just mentioned to me that it might be my router...and I might need some adapter thing. Lordy, too much STUFF. If I can make it work with my laptop, that will be MUCH easier.

This might be getting off track, but when I got my first laptop 3-4 years ago I asked my IT guy if I should buy a better/bigger model and use it as a desktop, too. He told me that laptops weren't made for continuous use. They don't (didn't) have the cooling or something for non-stop use.
Based on that, which may be old tech advice, I don't think I would hook my laptop up to my TV unless I was buying a new laptop. I would be afraid of overheating it or burning it out more quickly.
I could be totally off base for new technology though.
Roku players seem pretty cheap now. I would probably go that route.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom