What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
those are really cool, roadfix. what type/size telescope do you use?

i bought a small meade to be able to bring on backpacking, skiing, and canoe trips. the light pollution here so close to nyc is really bad, so the only time i get to use it is when we travel.

i just finshed scrubbing an entire bathroom, top to bottom. every freakin tile! the water here is so mineralized that i had to scrub 3x with clr, scrubbing bubbles, and chlorox cleanup to get the soap scum and hard water marks.

and now i can't breathe. my throat is filling with mucus from breathing all of the chemicals. now is the time to enter a loogey spitting contest, i guess.

trying not to make any loud noise. my two year old great granddaughter , lilly is napping in my bed. she cried for about one minute when her mom left. then potato chips and disney caught her attention. she fell asleep , and has been sleeping for two hours. easy baby sitting but not so much fun for me. last time she slept here was the big noise bleed when she woke up scaring the crap out of me.

trying not to make any loud noise. my two year old great granddaughter , lilly is napping in my bed. she cried for about one minute when her mom left. then potato chips and disney caught her attention. she fell asleep , and has been sleeping for two hours. easy baby sitting but not so much fun for me. last time she slept here was the big noise bleed when she woke up scaring the crap out of me.

Glad to see there's still some old school child rearing going on.
Sometimes veggies and a book just don't cut it ;)

I've just spent far too long on Amazon's site... but Christmas is just around the corner.
I'm going to buy a Roku for a family member and get the associated stuff I might need to hook it up for them. They already have Netflix, but don't stream... just use the DVDs. This will let them get their money's worth. I came >this< close to getting one for myself, just so I could take advantage of my free month of Amazon Prime and see if I like it (Amazon Prime won't stream through PS3s), but after further research AP isn't up to snuff for me yet. No closed captioning like Netflix yet. But I am going to buy the stuff I need to run true HD to my kitchen television set. Right now it just has coax cable run to it and will only pick up what is on my satellite box, no streaming or DVD movies I am watching, so I'm getting 50' of HDMI cable, an amplified splitter and an HDMI selector to do what I think I need to do :wacko:
I will look inside my cart tomorrow and see if I think I have all I need and nothing I don't.

those are really cool, roadfix. what type/size telescope do you use?

i bought a small meade to be able to bring on backpacking, skiing, and canoe trips. the light pollution here so close to nyc is really bad, so the only time i get to use it is when we travel.

I'm getting back into my old hobby after a long 10 year absence from it and cutting down on cycling for the time being due to other obligations. I'm glad I kept some gear...although I sold off most of them 10 years ago when I decided to leave the hobby. I'm currently using a 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain but am looking to permanently house it, mounted on a concrete pier, so it's always ready to go. I've always hated the time it took to set up and take down (especially at 3am) the big scope every time I felt like observing.

getting ready to go to my great granddaughter's school. she is singing in a concert. christmas songs, i think. and of course she will be the best one.
Have fun babe. I get to go watch Carson sing next week. He came over tuesday and we practised What fun
Enjoy Grammie;)
kades

the concert was very special and of course Aubrey was just beautiful in her cheery red dress. she really put her heart into performing and takes it very seriously. two year old Lilly was very good for the two hours the concert lasted. she spent most of the time, watching pictures on her grandma's phone, knows how to do it herself. such smart girls.

I'm glad you had such a good time, Babe! I so wish you were able to upload pictures I would love to see these beautiful Great-granddaughters of yours!

I am trying desperately to get to sleep before midnight here (12 minutes away). I still have spasms in my back and leg that make laying in bed difficult.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom