What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
why no gas, no heating, etc.....? winter storm? forgot to pay your bills?

Sending warm wishes your way.

I made two Christmas fruit loaves this morning, don't know if they'll turn out; trying a new recipe.

Now I'm off to do my once-a-week volunteer visiting at a nursing home, I was assigned to two elderly women (82 yr old Italian ,84 yr old German) six months ago. They don't understand each other 's accents, so I divide my time between them, to give each one some much-needed individual attention.

Not happy places, nursing homes....:( but volunteers try to add some cheer.

Was wrapping some Christmas gifts when the old back started to give out. So I thought I would take a break and see what was going on at DC. :) Lucked out this morning ,I was looking all over town for the Wii Just Dancing3, everyone was out of it. When I went into Target and they had just 2 left. I heard the lady ahead of me asking for the same thing, thank goodness she only wanted one. And I couldn't believe it , they were also on sale for $10.00 off the regular price!!!

Furnace guy was in, everything SHOULD be ticketyboo now. I'm feeling lazy after this hectic work week so I'm trying to decide if I have enough energy to go out Christmas shopping. If you see me posting more the answer was NO!

I'm waiting for UPS to arrive.
Everything I ordered from Amazon last Thurs or Fri arrived USPS yesterday, except the two items they shipped UPS. One is a present, but I need the other one to re-hook my TVs up differently. And tracking says they should be delivered today, but they are usually here by now... so I'm waiting.

And waiting...I hate UPS. I have more horror stories about them than I care to relate.

Canada Post has pulled up its socks lately and I've seen a really amazing amount of service lately. I suspect they hired more folks for the Christmas rush. Good thing!

I didn't even realize UPS was also in Canada. oops
Do they still wear brown up there, or beaver pelts?
:LOL:

I'm waiting for UPS to arrive.
Everything I ordered from Amazon last Thurs or Fri arrived USPS yesterday, except the two items they shipped UPS. One is a present, but I need the other one to re-hook my TVs up differently. And tracking says they should be delivered today, but they are usually here by now... so I'm waiting.

i know, i know, some days it can be like waiting for godot....:)

Getting up the energy to go do the shopping that I have been needing to do since Saturday! I would much rather do what the rest of the household is doing right now....take a nap!

Winding down. Interviewed a new Doctor today. She is great and she is glad to have a patient who knows what they want and is not afraid to ask for it. I'm off the Metformin and on Victoza, it's what I wanted to begin with. Now maybe I can see some good results with my blood sugars.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Winding down. Interviewed a new Doctor today. She is great and she is glad to have a patient who knows what they want and is not afraid to ask for it. I'm off the Metformin and on Victoza, it's what I wanted to begin with. Now maybe I can see some good results with my blood sugars.

Yes!

Anxiously awaiting pics of the nephew, PF!

Sitting here with a cup of coffee telling myself I will not take a pain pill,I won't i won't ,i won't. Darn this arm and the ache.When does this end?
kades

My son who is a Physician Assistant told me that it is very difficult to become addicted to pain medication when you are in real pain. I believe him, but I am still hesitant to take pain meds when I really need them for my hip and spine. I keep trying to work through the pain, but eventually end up taking at least half the prescribed dose. :ohmy:

I'm off the Metformin and on Victoza, it's what I wanted to begin with. Now maybe I can see some good results with my blood sugars.

I was waking up in the middle of the night with very high spikes in my sugar. Went on Metformin and it solved the problem. But once the job was taken care of I started to become sick from them and was taken off them immediately. Haven't needed them since. Great drug when you need it. But once the problem has been solved, not so great. :ohmy:

My son who is a Physician Assistant told me that it is very difficult to become addicted to pain medication when you are in real pain. I believe him, but I am still hesitant to take pain meds when I really need them for my hip and spine. I keep trying to work through the pain, but eventually end up taking at least half the prescribed dose. :ohmy:

Take that half pill, when your pain is at 4 out of 10. It has to work harder to ease your pain if you keep letting it gang on you. You are actually hurting yourself more and making the pain worse by trying to work through it. Pain makes you stand, sit and walk in an abnormal posture. I know, you don't know me, but I am an RN and work with our wonderful elderly and watch them daily trying to NOT take pain meds...breaks my heart when I know it would do them only good. Good Luck, Addie!:)

I was waking up in the middle of the night with very high spikes in my sugar. Went on Metformin and it solved the problem. But once the job was taken care of I started to become sick from them and was taken off them immediately. Haven't needed them since. Great drug when you need it. But once the problem has been solved, not so great. :ohmy:

Victoza is actually considered to be the best starter for those newly diagnosed, we just need to convince most Doctors now. I'm glad I was able to pick an MD who thinks the same as I do. I've been borderline for so long, treating with diet. With no changes in my diet, I tipped over the line...rats!

I have been trying to catch up with three days postings. Went into the hospital Saturday night. Came home today. Felt lousy all day after shopping. So I still had and have groceries to put away. But I would rather sit here with friends. Did go down to the Community Room for our regular Tuesday Night tea party. I was going to do a load of laundry. That is waiting for my attention also. As Scarlet would say, "There is always tomorrow."

For Christmas, with 17 grandchildren (6 of them great gk's.) I stopped giving presents. Give to one, you have to give to all. And I no longer cook a big meal for the holidays. I let the kids do it and invite me to eat. And I then let the presents roll in just for me.
:chef:

Back
Top Bottom