What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pain makes you stand, sit and walk in an abnormal posture. I know, you don't know me, but I am an RN and work with our wonderful elderly and watch them daily trying to NOT take pain meds...breaks my heart when I know it would do them only good. Good Luck, Addie!:)

I did give in tonight. I have arthritis in my hips and spine. I have finally decided that at my age, I don't need to have pain and since I came home from the hospital today, I have been taking the Vicodin like it has been prescribed for me. Two pills three time a day. I can get more accomplished when I do things right. Now I just need a magic pill to get past my lazy streak and stubbornness. :chef:

Addie - you're circumstances are the same as my MIL - 8 wonderful kids, 17 amazing grandkids and 6 truly great grandkids ... I wish she was as able as you! I miss her advice and input. Probably TMI - but I don't believe in co-incidences.

Princess is right - please make yourself comfortable - you deserve it. I don't know you either, but one word or act of kindness is what I'm hoping for - so I'm long-winded and don't have only ONE word - maybe we can start a new thread?

I did give in tonight. I have arthritis in my hips and spine. I have finally decided that at my age, I don't need to have pain and since I came home from the hospital today, I have been taking the Vicodin like it has been prescribed for me. Two pills three time a day. I can get more accomplished when I do things right. Now I just need a magic pill to get past my lazy streak and stubbornness. :chef:

Don't make me go all Rehab nurse on you! A little more every day, just take it easy, you've earned some downtime. Then when the pain seems to be a bit under control, take just one three times a day. Baby Steps!:)

Don't make me go all Rehab nurse on you! A little more every day, just take it easy, you've earned some downtime. Then when the pain seems to be a bit under control, take just one three times a day. Baby Steps!:)

Right you are Princess -I got too excited with the similar circumstances - take your medical team's advice first.

Every year I make the same resolution. Not to make any resolution. And I always keep it right through the year. This year I am going to make a new one. "Not to be so dang stubborn" My husband told me once that he never met anyone as stubborn as me.

Here it is 2:30 Wednesday. I have been up since 4:15 Tuesday morning. Why? Stubbornness. There was nothing I had to do that couldn't have waited until tomorrow. But that stubborn streak raised it ugly head. I just had to debone those chicken thighs and get them into the freezer. Do all the trash. Change my sheets on the bed. Do a load of whites. And a few more chores that I felt just couldn't wait. I am now so overtired, that I will have to shut off all the lights and the TV. I usually put the TV on sleep and go to sleep while it is still on. So starting right now, I am going to work on my streak of stubbornness and say "Good Night friends." The first thing I am going to work on is try to get on a regular schedule and stop pushing myself so hard. Ther is still more work I could have done, but it all can wait until tomorrow.l:chef:

T'will be tomorrow...he stayed home today because we had meetings in which he would NOT be the star of the show. No meetings tomorrow and we can play all day!
Reminds me of Monday when I took Dad to his Falls Prevention clinic. It is held at an assisted living complex and when we came out there was a woman walking her little poodle outside. I asked if she would mind showing the dog to Dad because it had (though much smaller) the exact face of his beloved poodle whom he had to put down five years ago because at 18 she was just not well any more. The lady said she was so glad that Dad had two knew dogs to love (our Violet and Joie) and that she brings the dog every day to see her husband, but all the residents and staff adore "Benjamin" and he soaks up all the attention! :)

oh, so you're slacking off, eh addie????

just kidding. g'night.

even though i feel like crapola, all of the talk about hot dogs recently has me in my truck, ready to go to gray's papaya on 72nd for a couple o' dogs with kraut and mustard.

curse you, tasty wieners...

Every year I make the same resolution. Not to make any resolution. And I always keep it right through the year. This year I am going to make a new one. "Not to be so dang stubborn" My husband told me once that he never met anyone as stubborn as me.

Here it is 2:30 Wednesday. I have been up since 4:15 Tuesday morning. Why? Stubbornness. There was nothing I had to do that couldn't have waited until tomorrow. But that stubborn streak raised it ugly head. I just had to debone those chicken thighs and get them into the freezer. Do all the trash. Change my sheets on the bed. Do a load of whites. And a few more chores that I felt just couldn't wait. I am now so overtired, that I will have to shut off all the lights and the TV. I usually put the TV on sleep and go to sleep while it is still on. So starting right now, I am going to work on my streak of stubbornness and say "Good Night friends." The first thing I am going to work on is try to get on a regular schedule and stop pushing myself so hard. Ther is still more work I could have done, but it all can wait until tomorrow.l:chef:

I was the night nurse for 13 years, I want you to get some good sleep and stay out of my hair!!!:) Seriously, you can't hope to get stronger if you keep wearing yourself out, that's not the way to do it. Do you realize, for every day people our age stay in the hospital it takes one week of recovery? That means you have at least two or three weeks to get yourself back on track. Take it easy, all of what you worked on all night is all for naught if you end up back in the hospital. {{{{{Addie}}}}}

oh, so you're slacking off, eh addie????

just kidding. g'night.

even though i feel like crapola, all of the talk about hot dogs recently has me in my truck, ready to go to gray's papaya on 72nd for a couple o' dogs with kraut and mustard.
curse you, tasty wieners...

One of the special treats I buy for myself every month is a 10 lb. box of hot dogs in the natural casings. We have the Kayem plant just down the street from the store where I do my shopping. They are the best dogs I have ever tasted. I also buy a large bag of fresh kraut to go with them. My way of getting a veggie into me. So the dogs are necessary so that I will eat a veggie. I also use it for pork chops and Reuben sandwiches. I don't like grilled dogs. So I steam mine with the kraut. That's it! Hot dogs for breakfast!!!:chef:

I was the night nurse for 13 years, I want you to get some good sleep and stay out of my hair!!!:) Seriously, you can't hope to get stronger if you keep wearing yourself out, that's not the way to do it. Do you realize, for every day people our age stay in the hospital it takes one week of recovery? That means you have at least two or three weeks to get yourself back on track. Take it easy, all of what you worked on all night is all for naught if you end up back in the hospital. {{{{{Addie}}}}}
I slept until I woke up on my own. Feel great. And today is the first day of my new resolution. I even took my meds as soon as I woke up. Had them right next to the bed ready to take. All measured out. Stubbornness has gone out the door to stay. I have lost count of the nuber of trips to the hospital this past year. One trip was necessary though. A little thing called a heart attack. the strange thing is with this latest episode, they did another angioplasty on me and even with all the problems I have had with my heart, there is no damage to my heart. All the stents are doing their job.

But I am definitely sticking to my resolution of getting rid of my stubborn streak. And thanks for the hugs. :chef:

I bought a new gun today :)
Well, not new... it's a 1953 Mosin-Nagant M44. It shoots pretty good. I think tomorrow I'll re-do my little range. I think it's finally not supposed to be raining. Today was an enjoyable day though.

did a little shopping today and i am worn out. i hate getting old, energy level sucks. did finish tree, did dishes, finished a book. so will heat up turkey soup, while it heats gonna have a drink and then go to bed. lots to do tomorrow.

did a little shopping today and i am worn out. i hate getting old, energy level sucks. did finish tree, did dishes, finished a book. so will heat up turkey soup, while it heats gonna have a drink and then go to bed. lots to do tomorrow.

I hear ya, babe2. I just did 45 minutes on the treadmill. My calfs feel like rubber. I'll sleep well tonight!

finishing up the holiday decorations. found enough gift bags left from last year, so won't need to make them from fabric. still knitting on scarf, a gift. already did all the chores or as much as i am going to do.

Getting ready to go to the local tavern that has "Steak Night" every Thursday. Nice sized Ribeye, Corn on the cob, green beans and a Baked Potato...all for $11

Teh guy marinates the steaks in something that makes them really good. They serve about 200 of them every Thursday night.

Getting ready to go to the local tavern that has "Steak Night" every Thursday. Nice sized Ribeye, Corn on the cob, green beans and a Baked Potato...all for $11

Teh guy marinates the steaks in something that makes them really good. They serve about 200 of them every Thursday night.

Maybe you can find out his marinade. If I remember correctly, I think that was what that person was after originally in the recent steak thread, a marinade that would replicate a restaurant's steak.

fabric gift bags are lovely gifts in and of themselves. oftentimes, the gift that was originally wrapped in the fabric bag has been long forgotten, while the pretty cloth satchel is treasured, and lives on and on....:)

Back
Top Bottom