What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Car trouble. Waiting to take my Mazda to the garage to get my mechanics opinion on the weird sound it is making. Chugging on acceleration and now missing at highway speed. Starter is gone on the old Chev S10 so I am looking for a rebuilt one to get the same mechanic to install it for me. All of this right before xmas. frick'n'#*@'frack'n#*@'rim'n@*!!!!!!:mad:

Sitting here enjoying the infinite pleasure of 12 day old Chloe sleeping on my chest. ;-)

I understand. It's the greatest feeling. ...and you get to rest too.

Attachments

• Santa.jpg
    Santa.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 193
ram'n@#**flam'n@#*zim'n@#*!!!!!:mad:

Good luck on your car repairs, RL, I hope it's done sooner than you expect and for half the cost.

My Grammy would be scolding you. When we were youngsters, we would make up cuss words like yours and Grammy would say to us:
"It makes no difference the sounds you make, if swearing is your intention, then you are swearing and I won't have that within my hearing!"

I sure miss her. She was the only person in my entire life that was 100% real. She never changed, never lied, never made excuses for anything she did because she never did anything where she would have to. I loved her 1000% and respected her more than any other person, ever. It's been almost 40 years since she passed, but I can see her in my mind as if I saw her yesterday.

Last edited:
Timothy - I do the same thing as your niece, but for a large company that cranks out tons of reports. But not so many today............
My niece went from working as the only chef in KA's test kitchens, to editing tech pubs. Quite a change of work! She seems to enjoy what she does now, so more power to her! I hope you enjoy that type of work.

Yes, that sounds like a 180-degree turn. Not sure I'm familiar w/KA - stands for??

yeah, I do enjoy most of it, and I'm good at at. As long as engineers and scientists are required to write reports, I will have a job.

p.s. finally heard from the guy in Calif - turned out he didn't need my help after all. Shows you why I'm not excited about emergency deadlines....

Yes, that sounds like a 180-degree turn. Not sure I'm familiar w/KA - stands for??

yeah, I do enjoy most of it, and I'm good at at. As long as engineers and scientists are required to write reports, I will have a job.

p.s. finally heard from the guy in Calif - turned out he didn't need my help after all. Shows you why I'm not excited about emergency deadlines....

KA is "The King Arthur Flour Company".

Pretty famous for their products. They switched to a Totally owned by the employees" stance a few years ago and according to my niece, thier quality control dropped considerably.

Only a few of the most senior executives positioned themselves to buy the vast majority of the company stock, so the floor employees own only a tiny amount of the company.

The company is run by these owners/executives and again, according to my niece, not running it as well as prior to the change in ownership.

She was unhappy enough to leave the company. She said they went from a policy of 100% of all products being tested in the test kitchen to very little being tested prior to sale. As the senior test chef, this disappointed her greatly.

waiting for gas and electric repairman. hopefully he will be able to fix oven today. still have one load of laundry to fold. it is gloomy and rainy. the next chore is to sit in front of little electric heater in my sun room and knit.

I did my Christmas/birthday thing today with my family. Very informal.
I also bought three more old guns... after I renewed my license, which apparently expires the day after your birthday. Coulda sworn I had to the end of the month...

I did my Christmas/birthday thing today with my family. Very informal.
I also bought three more old guns... after I renewed my license, which apparently expires the day after your birthday. Coulda sworn I had to the end of the month...

I'm guessing you have quite a collection of guns. Does it center around a particular era?

Home from work early, still dealing with low census. Going to watch Rise of the Planet of the Apes, again! Picked it up on the way home.

This afternoon I installed a new fluorescent fixture under the kitchen cabinet to illuminate my primary work surface. Boy is it bright! Seems like everything takes longer and has more complications than ever before. Not sure why.

Back
Top Bottom