What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trying to get DH up to speed on HIS new iPhone, which was provided through his work. For some reason, I'm his IT support, and am supposed to know everything. HaHa.

Just got done wrapping again. Some of the gifts were gift cert., what I do now is before I wrap them I call the number to make sure they are activated. We had that problem one time.

This afternoon I installed a new fluorescent fixture under the kitchen cabinet to illuminate my primary work surface. Boy is it bright! Seems like everything takes longer and has more complications than ever before. Not sure why.
I"m doing the same thing for my own primary counter in the kitchen, Andy. What did you use? Are you happy with it? Right now, my own shadow from the ceiling light is cast over the vey place I"m working at. I'm lucky I still have all 9 fingers!:ohmy::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I'm guessing you have quite a collection of guns. Does it center around a particular era?

I've been recently bitten my the Mosin Nagant bug. The ones I have are all around WWII plus I have a 1953 M44 carbine. There's all kinds of variations and they are cheap, although excellent shooters. It's that whole Russian surplus thing. The history is fascinating. Wiki has some good info, but if you have half a day with nothing to do, visit 7.62x54r.net
I ran into eight today and had quite the time sorting through them, trying to cypher the markings and details. Lots of fun. The long time collectors said I really made a good choice on one, as it's not a common one at all :)
And they are all shooters, not wall hangers :)

I bought an under counter fixture with an 18 inch tube. I ran a line into the wall, snaked it to and tied it into a nearby wall outlet. It is much brighter than the previous fixture with two thin 12 inch tubes.

Enjoying baby-time again. Surfing DC and wondering if I should be saying happy birthday to Pacanis???? ( something he mentioned earlier in this thread about birthdays) ;-)

waiting for gas and electric repairman. hopefully he will be able to fix oven today. still have one load of laundry to fold. it is gloomy and rainy. the next chore is to sit in front of little electric heater in my sun room and knit.

gas and electric tagged my stove, not to be used. seems to much gas coming in from park lines. supposed to be fixed tomorrow. then maybe it will work right or will have to replace the regulator. bummer, good thing i had left overs for dinner. the manager did offer to buy me dinner and that was nice. they really hopped to it when gas and electric threatened to shut down have the park. best service i ever have gotten from park:ohmy:

Babe, sorry you are having to deal with this, but glad it's getting fixed. Crossing my fingers that it all gets repaired early tomorrow. :)

It's a Wonderful Day!

What am I doing? Rejoicing over the events of the day.

First off, I got an email from DH that he got the lateral transfer with the accessibility bus company - it means he is still part time (with benefits which also came today), but he works out of the depot closer to us and will drive in an area he grew up in. He now works Monday to Friday (5 hours a day) instead of Sunday to Thursday. It also means that when shift change happens in April he will be able to pick in the first round in the area he wants instead of picking in his current area and THEN trying to transfer. He is still near the bottom of the list, but it will give him a better chance of getting a full-time shift.

Second, I took Dad in to get his hearing aids adjusted and the audiologist said they were old and should be replaced. Dad's hearing has been getting worse and it sounds like part of it is the fact the he was unable to adjust the volume. They called up veterans, who paid for the first set and they immediately approved the replacements. They will allow a new pair every 4 years....Dad has had his for 7! Oh, and they even come with a remote control! He gets them December 23rd.

Finally, I got word today that I have been accepted into the chronic pain clinic day program. They said I am a perfect candidate and I will start January 17th. I have to work out some transportation details and get extra help for Dad's lunches but neither of these should be a problem. This is the best news I could get. I know a lot of what I should be doing, but I need guidance in putting it all into place.

Now, if I could just get my back and leg spasms to stop so I can get some sleep (it's 11:16 pm here), it would be the perfect end to a perfect day!

I am getting my compost bin started, I am re-landscaping my front yard, and I am refinishing a coffee table that my neighbor was going to throw away. I am refinishing it because it matches the doors on my my étagère, where my old coffee table, which my son bought to replace the one he broke, did not match anything.

I just got back from Christmas shopping and I am happy to say that I am all done.:clap: What a wonderful feeling. I even have all of this months birthdays done. :) Now I can concentrate on what I am going to make for Christmas treats. I sure wish I could make fudge and divinity like my mother did. Sorry to say she never wrote any of her recipes down.

I just got back from Christmas shopping and I am happy to say that I am all done.:clap: What a wonderful feeling. I even have all of this months birthdays done. :) Now I can concentrate on what I am going to make for Christmas treats. I sure wish I could make fudge and divinity like my mother did. Sorry to say she never wrote any of her recipes down.
JoAnn, what types of fudge did she make? I have several of my Mom's recipes (I wrote them down or I would be in the same boat), and a divine divinity recipe from an old auxiliary cookbook that was handed down to me.

Oh, and congratulations on the shopping - I am only half way there but the rest are quite easy.

What am I doing? Rejoicing over the events of the day.

First off, I got an email from DH that he got the lateral transfer with the accessibility bus company - it means he is still part time (with benefits which also came today), but he works out of the depot closer to us and will drive in an area he grew up in. He now works Monday to Friday (5 hours a day) instead of Sunday to Thursday. It also means that when shift change happens in April he will be able to pick in the first round in the area he wants instead of picking in his current area and THEN trying to transfer. He is still near the bottom of the list, but it will give him a better chance of getting a full-time shift.

Second, I took Dad in to get his hearing aids adjusted and the audiologist said they were old and should be replaced. Dad's hearing has been getting worse and it sounds like part of it is the fact the he was unable to adjust the volume. They called up veterans, who paid for the first set and they immediately approved the replacements. They will allow a new pair every 4 years....Dad has had his for 7! Oh, and they even come with a remote control! He gets them December 23rd.

Finally, I got word today that I have been accepted into the chronic pain clinic day program. They said I am a perfect candidate and I will start January 17th. I have to work out some transportation details and get extra help for Dad's lunches but neither of these should be a problem. This is the best news I could get. I know a lot of what I should be doing, but I need guidance in putting it all into place.

Now, if I could just get my back and leg spasms to stop so I can get some sleep (it's 11:16 pm here), it would be the perfect end to a perfect day!

so you want perfection, eh? ;) So glad to see you here and to hear good news coming from your parts... :yum:

Hope your spasms will soon be a thing of the past.

JoAnn, what types of fudge did she make? I have several of my Mom's recipes (I wrote them down or I would be in the same boat), and a divine divinity recipe from an old auxiliary cookbook that was handed down to me.

Oh, and congratulations on the shopping - I am only half way there but the rest are quite easy.

What I remember about the fudge is that she cooked it on the stove and brought it to a boil. It was kind of soft when you cut into it and it was very sugary, (which I loved). I think she used cocoa.

Back
Top Bottom