What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went shopping this morning for some walnuts and pecans for my Christmas baking. :santa: Oh my goodness, I couldn't believe the prices. Why are they so high in price?

same old stuff these days. knitting, wrapping. today cleaning stove, i put all the drip pans, burners in dishwasher. then clean the rest. i should mop floors, but that is for another day. maybe color hair, a big maybe.

PattY1 said:
I am trying to keep my mind occupied (it is not working). A friend of mine(my savior out of my abusive marriage) died yesterday. She was way to young to go. R.I.P. Jamie

So very sorry, Patty. R.I.P., Jamie.

TinLizzie, thank you for the compliment.
I'm on the fringes of cooking combined with chemical experiments. Like homemade soaps, laundry soaps, tailoring and designing and other strange ways to make things for my family. I really enjoyed organic chemistry and regular chemistry in college and it never ceases to amaze me what I can learn on my own at home.
I'm nervous about trying it because I want to succeed. Luckily I have a supply of furs coming in, depending on the weather, the furs will be thick and luxurious. If I succeed or even if I am close to succeeding, I'll put up pictures to share the fun. Thank you for the encouragement!

I'll certainly look forward to reports of your progress. Gosh - between getting your backstory of preparing hides (Tales of Tanning, maybe?) and the Chicken Chronicles, an exciting time is to be had here on DC. And we mustn't slight the other adventurous posters -- the smokers (culinary, that is), the triers of parsnips and rutabagas, the picklers, the knitters and stitchers, the electronics wizards, the music makers, etc., etc. What fun! :)

Note to self: stop complaining about technology - look what it brings you.

I'll certainly look forward to reports of your progress. Gosh - between getting your backstory of preparing hides (Tales of Tanning, maybe?) and the Chicken Chronicles, an exciting time is to be had here on DC. And we mustn't slight the other adventurous posters -- the smokers (culinary, that is), the triers of parsnips and rutabagas, the picklers, the knitters and stitchers, the electronics wizards, the music makers, etc., etc. What fun! :)

Note to self: stop complaining about technology - look what it brings you.

More fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Man, that is one lucky person! Good Job!

Thank you!
img_1085818_0_e0caf3fa6fa5fd6e0b4335a6a0d1b53d.gif
Thank you!
img_1085818_1_200dc1abb106b990e0c603e7c182d8e5.gif
Thank you!

61% OFF, w/free ship--$59.99!! here's what i'll get: 2 fillets mignon, 2 top sirloin, 4 boneless pork chops, 4 steak burgers, 4 cheese-stuffed baked potatoes, 1 chocolate-lover's cake. you folks gave omaha steaks some positive reviews a few days back, so when i saw this nice combination package and price, i just couldn't say no.:) (til midnight, 12/20--nice combo for small family, no?)

I did that last year. Wouldn't renew it, but will say it was worth the $$ we spent as a one-off. I would also seriously consider it as a gift, especially for anyone home-bound.

I am trying to keep my mind occupied (it is not working). A friend of mine(my savior out of my abusive marriage) died yesterday. She was way to young to go. R.I.P. Jamie

Thank you all for your condolences. I am handling it better today. She was a very unique person with a heart of gold. Forty is way to young to go.

Went shopping this morning for some walnuts and pecans for my Christmas baking. :santa: Oh my goodness, I couldn't believe the prices. Why are they so high in price?

NC grows lots of pecans and the storms that blew through this year damaged a lot of crops, that's what I've been told. I can get local pecans at the farmer's market for around $9, in the grocery store they are $13.

Walnuts have gone up too, my store has them on sale for $4.09 a pound all season, so I am stocking up on them, I love walnuts, and we use them a lot on salads.

second day of sitting in the ICU with my mom who is engaged in a fierce and desperate battle for her every breath, for life itself. i sit with knotted stomach in mindless despair--a soldier out-of-uniform. bootless. this is not my war. this is not my life. it is my universe....

vitauta said:
second day of sitting in the ICU with my mom who is engaged in a fierce and desperate battle for her every breath, for life itself. i sit with knotted stomach in mindless despair--a soldier out-of-uniform. bootless. this is not my war. this is not my life. it is my universe....

Oh, Vit. Thoughts and prayers for you and your mom.

Back
Top Bottom