What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm getting ready to take Dad into the city to pick up his new hearing aids! This is big as his hearing has gotten worse in the last two years. These ones have a remote control for the volume!

While there I will make my final stop to my favourite bulk food store - they sell everything literally from soup to nuts! And that is what I am getting. A 12 bean soup mix for my ham bone and some almonds and cashews for dinner! :LOL:

I will also pick up DH's gluten free bread and buns next door and then Dad and I will grab some lunch before heading back over the bridge.

Got the new Deep Fryer setup and I'm off to the store for oil, veggies and shrimp. Tonights meal will be fried shrimp, deep fried jalapenos, and whatever veggies strike my fancy at the store.

I just made a four gun shop loop. One store I haven't been in yet was closed. The nerve, lol. Nothing caught my fancy.

stopped at mickey d's on my way home from visiting my mom at the hospital. i was starving. i hadn't been to mcdonald's for three years. i ordered french fries. they didn't taste awful, but way worse than fresh-made fries should ever taste. utterly forgettable!! what have they done to their fries at mickey dees? sad....

heading for bed. made sugar cookies today. got the cake pops in the first stage. takes me longer that it used to. i get tired quickly. tried to cheer myself up with baking, didn't work!

So I am standing at the kitchen sink peeling apples galore. It dawns on me that I have not put any Christmas music on this year. So I go and get the TV remote and put on Channel 500 or something close. It plays just music, no action. It does give you the title of what is playing at that moment. There, that's more like it. So while I am working on getting the pie goods taken care of I also start cooking and rendering the salt pork for the corn chowder. Next come the onions. I am just multitasking all over the place. I go to get the cans of evaporated milk and cream style corn. Oh oh! Only one can of milk. Have to call son #1. I look at my counters. I need to concentrate on one thing at a time. It will have to be the apple pie. In the meantime I am enjoying the Christmas music. Perry Como, Burl Ives, Al Martino, etc. I am having a great time. Must go. Have to roll out the dough and cut our the little leaves for decoration. I am finally getting that Christmas spirit. :chef:

Last edited:
Just waiting for my grandson to come so he can spend Christmas Eve with us for supper and the gift opening and then he has to go home to spend the rest of the night and Christmas day with his mother.

Sitting, still trying to get my first cup of coffee down. Just now remembered to pull the Salmon from the freezer.

Just talked to SO in Baltimore (@BWI). She's awaiting a plane change to Tampa. Her family is really excited she's coming and have a lot planned for her brief visit.

I closed at noon, Roadfix. I shouldn't have even been open today...

I just got back from the hardware store, where I picked up a bunch of stuff for a room I am turning into my man cave. First thing on order is putting up the three floodlight fixture. Let there be light. I picked up some stuff I can give my recently acquired rifles a good bath in, too. The Russians packed these things away in cosmoline and it all needs thoroughly removed. Especially a couple of them. First I am going to sit here and relax for a few minutes, go shoot a little out back, then I will get to work.

I have chocolate tempered and ready to make DH some new peanut clusters (special, read expensive, organic dark chocolate with none of the bad stuff) to make up for the fact I accidentally gave his to the staff at the Vet's office instead of the regular chocolate/butterscotch variety. :wacko:

I am also trying to get up the nerve to venture into the rain with all our recycling. There is a pickup today at noon and then not another one until Wednesday - with all the Christmas wrap, boxes and food containers it is over flowing by the 26th!

Sitting here in a cold house. Just arrived at the house a while ago and am running the heaters. It was 6.5 celcius, (in the mid 40's) inside when I arrived this morning. Of course we had to have one of the coldest nights of the year so far. -24c (-10F) last night. There is a wall furnace in the old part that is keeping it fine in there, but the new addition is the part which is heated by the kaput furnace, so things are a bit chilly. I have a great infared heater that does a good job. Ran the water, shut the pump and opened all faucets, now I am hanging out waiting for it to heat up a bit more and I can get going. You know it is cold inside when your Malamute wants to go sit outside:LOL:

Last edited:
I am here driving you all nuts..............LOL sorry, but you asked what I was doing right now LOL:chef:

Maidrite, you could never drive me nuts (I bought a one way ticket years ago :ROFLMAO:), it is just good to see you here.

Right now I am procrastinating on going to the kitchen to get on with all the prep.

I closed at noon, Roadfix. I shouldn't have even been open today...

I just got back from the hardware store, where I picked up a bunch of stuff for a room I am turning into my man cave. First thing on order is putting up the three floodlight fixture. Let there be light. I picked up some stuff I can give my recently acquired rifles a good bath in, too. The Russians packed these things away in cosmoline and it all needs thoroughly removed. Especially a couple of them. First I am going to sit here and relax for a few minutes, go shoot a little out back, then I will get to work.

I hope that's not code-speak for killing a kangaroo. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom