What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rocklobster said:
Thanks, folks. There is still a lot of stuff to sort out. Just starting the journey. Sounds like a great oppurtunity. Now, if it is actually doable.

Good luck, Rock!

With all your experience, you might want to check into teaching. A lot of schools are looking for "non-traditional" (no teaching degree) instructors for HS and community college culinary arts and other food related courses.

I'm getting ready to amputate my nose. Went to work, lasted 2 hours, then came home. This cold is kicking my behind.

Rocklobster said:
Neo Citron and gin. Sounds a bit extreme, but it works....and if it doesn't, you won't care...:LOL:

Had to look it up (the NeoCitran, not the gin). It's the Canadian version of Theraflu. Thanks for the recipe!

Just came back from a meeting with a counselor from Human Resources Canada. I am considering a retraining program called Second Career. Looking into becoming a dietitian, or nutritionist in the Health Service sector. Will require going back to school for up to two years. It's a great program and something that may give me a chance for secure employment for the rest of my working days......So, I am researching all avenues of these possibilities....

Therer is always a need for any health workers. No matter what field they are in. Good luck. :chef:

so sorry to hear you're under the weather dawglover...get well soon! you probably feel like this guy
Stuck.gif
but if you try real hard....and I'll clap my hands three times for you....in no time at all you'll be
bouncingball.gif

I'm packing for our 2-week vaca in Mexico (Isla Mujeres). Never been there, never wanted to travel in January, but son is getting married in a 'destination wedding'.

My idea of a January holiday is 3 nights in a local B&B which has a hot tub, great food, outdoor rink. (did that last year in Kingston, Ontario).

Thanks, Soma! You are gonna love Isla Mujeres! I would happily sacrifice and take your place for you! We just got back from Cozumel. Eat, drink, and be merry! There's a place on Isla that specializes in lobster pizza, can't remember which. Load up on the wonderful fresh seafood!

You will have to go back during Whale Shark and Manta Ray season (summer). Dolphins should be plentiful now. Have fun with the golf carts, and do get underwater!

I am so excited for you! We expect a full trip report!

Last edited:
Seems like there's a cold going around kicking a lot of peoples' butts.
Get better, Dawg.

I took a semi day off and drove around today. Beautiful day with the sun shining and the ice melting off the roads.

pacanis said:
Seems like there's a cold going around kicking a lot of peoples' butts.
Get better, Dawg.

I took a semi day off and drove around today. Beautiful day with the sun shining and the ice melting off the roads.

Thanks, Pac. Half my office is sick today, along with a bunch of my teachers.

Thought you might like to know what I have been up to.

I just cooked myself up a plate of six of the biggest sea scallops and served on a bed of tartar sauce that I made up myself. These were dry scallops, not wet ones. I even had to remove the foot on each one. All I did was salt them. I was so tempted to use pepper also, but I know what the consequences would be. A couple of days in the hospital. They were soooo good. I browned them on both sides real quick on high heat, then turned the heat down so they could cook through. I do not like raw seafood. :yum::yum::yum:

Oops, misspelled dawgluver, sorry. Thanks so much for the tips. Copying them now.
Lobster pizza sounds like something wonderful! I haven't had lobster in years, love it. They sell it frozen in cans in my supermarket. $25 for less than a pound. Bought some once for a special birthday dinner, was pretty good, but I imagine that the fresh stuff is heavenly!

Had a busy day today. My usual every two weeks shopping trip to the "big" town about 46 miles away.

Good day getting supplies/rations and picking up on some bargains for next year's Christmas decorations and some presents even.

Stopped at a new place off the highway on my route home that was quite interesting. They called it a consignment store, but it was more like an antiques/collectibles store. Lots of very nice stuff and well priced. There were some repros (all marked as such) and I bought an enameled sign for Glenn for his birthday. Has a great graphic of an old car (about '30s or so era) with a shapely girl atop it. the words on the sign say, "What happens in my garage, stays in my garage!" I loved it. The only improvement would be if the car was a motorcycle instead. Still, the car works because Glenn's restored many, many, many cars.....

At the moment, I'm relaxing on the sofa with an "adult beverage" and looking forward to a very calm rest of the evening with my sweetheart.

Just got home from a nice Italian resstaurant. It's our daughter's 13th birthday & that's where she picked. Great food & service.

I'm sitting around wishing I had room for another piece of that pork schnitzel we had for supper and, like Katie H, enjoying an adult beverage.

I didn't eat any dinner as I was too stuffed from lunch (out with my girls) but I DID find room for some pound cake and bumbleberry sauce. I am now sitting in my chair with a cup of peppermint tea, groaning. Lordy WHY did I eat that much today?

Just got done taking the sheets and pillowcases down off of the wash lines, thanks to the great temperatures we are having I was able to hang outside today. They just said on the radio that we might break the record high today.

Off to the Library I go, I go... I read a lot. On average, about 2 books each week and I out of reading material. I resorted to re-reading last months "Smithsonian" magazine. It has an excellent article about The New Madrid fault system, that was responsible for the 1811–1812 New Madrid earthquakes.

Back
Top Bottom