What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even 3 is horrid. So sad. Must have been so hard on everyone.

Yes, 3 is horrid, one would have been horrid.

One of my most favorites died on Monday, I've been taking care of him since his first stroke 8 years ago. He will be greatly missed. He taught me patience with cranky old curmudgeons. He really hated female caregivers and was not nice about it, but his spirit was strong. This time around, we all knew it was his last, he was too nice to everyone, even his kids noticed the personality change.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Yes, 3 is horrid, one would have been horrid.

One of my most favorites died on Monday, I've been taking care of him since his first stroke 8 years ago. He will be greatly missed. He taught me patience with cranky old curmudgeons. He really hated female caregivers and was not nice about it, but his spirit was strong. This time around, we all knew it was his last, he was too nice to everyone, even his kids noticed the personality change.

So sorry, PF. Your peeps are truly blessed, having you to care for them!

PrincessFiona60 said:
Thank you, Dawg! I think your students are Blessed, they have you!

Thanks, Sweetie, but not so much today, I kinda sneezed a lot. Tried to cover and redirect! Everyone is sick. I was impressed with my ability to remain upright, however.

Last edited:
Just got home from the Medical Lab. Today was my blood tests for my Jan 10th Doctors appointment. I'll see on the 10th how good or bad I've been in the last 4 months.

Just got back from looking at camera's. Mine quit working over the holidays. My goodness there are so many, I just want an everyday kind (if there is such a thing). Some I looked at were price from $79 to $120. The brands were Nikon, Sanyo, Kodak and Sony. Any ideas for me?

I've had a couple of Sony digital cameras. They are both still in use. They take great pics. You will also do well with Nikon, Canon, Olympus. I don't know much about Kodak or Sanyo Cameras.

Both the cheaper ones and the more expensive ones will take great pics. The costlier ones offer extra features. You have to decide which extra features are important to you.

Sony, for one, changes models a lot so you may be able to pick up a recently replaced model for cheap money.

I've had a couple of Sony digital cameras. They are both still in use. They take great pics. You will also do well with Nikon, Canon, Olympus. I don't know much about Kodak or Sanyo Cameras.

Both the cheaper ones and the more expensive ones will take great pics. The costlier ones offer extra features. You have to decide which extra features are important to you.

Sony, for one, changes models a lot so you may be able to pick up a recently replaced model for cheap money.

Thanks so much for your advice Andy. I can't get over how small camera's are now days, they look like a cell phone.

You'll find that most of the new cameras don't have a viewfinder you press your eye up to. You have to frame the picture looking at the display on the back. Look for a camera with a big bright display.

You'll find that most of the new cameras don't have a viewfinder you press your eye up to. You have to frame the picture looking at the display on the back. Look for a camera with a big bright display.

Andy, that is a good thing, I always have trouble looking through the small viewfinder.

Today is my day to begin taking down our Christmas decorations. Ours always stay up, the tree at least, until the Epiphany (January 6).

I began this morning by taking down the outside decorations. I couldn't pass up the opportunity. It is sunny and a lovely 65F out. Why not spend some of my time outdoors?

Since we emptied (in October) my rental storage space where I used to live, all the holiday "stuff" is now here. Albeit in a bit of a jumbled state. I've been taking my time readying Christmas decorations for storage in the attic so I can organize and, in some cases, give away pieces we won't use or don't need.

When Buck and I owned our shop, we always decorated quite lavishly for Christmas, so there is some amount of duplication. I'm saving the most beautiful/unique pieces and will either consign or donate the remaining unneeded things.

In some ways, going through all the decorations is bittersweet. It is causing me to remember the many Christmases I had with Buck and what some of the decorations mean. The most special ones I'll keep, of course.

Having said that, I'm thankful I had those holidays with him and I am even more thankful that I have another wonderful man to create more beautiful memories with. I'm blessed beyond measure.

At any rate, I'm up to my all-American eyeballs in garlands, bells, lights, reindeer, Santas, you name it...but I am actually enjoying myself and, believe it or not, I'm looking forward to next Christmas.

My last point and shoot was probably one of the last to have a viewfinder. I needed it for outdoor pics, but the displays have really come a long way and I rarely use the viewfinder. I've been toying with the idea of getting a new camera, too. I'm having a rough time taking pics that require extreme closeups and would rather opt for a better camera than go the better lighting tripod route.

Anyway... it was gorgeous here today so I took one of my newly acquired firearms to the gun shop, got the headspace checked, then shot 20 rounds to see what it could do. I'll probably rip it apart now and give it a thorough cleaning now that everything checks out OK.

My Sony has an automatic macro feature. In auto mode, you just inch up to an item and the camera switches over to macro mode. Point and shoot.

Attachments

• DSC00736.jpg
    DSC00736.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 171
I'm reading the installation guide for the new DW. Yeah, I'm one of those guys that reads the directions. It minimizes the odds that I'll screw something up and have to call a professional. I'm just smart enough to screw it up regardless so one step at a time.

Taking out the old one was tedious though not overly difficult. A surprising amount of smelly water in there that spilled out onto the kitchen floor. I thought I had turned off the power and was reminded with fireworks that I hadn't when I tried to cut the power line.

The first thing I did was measure the opening to ensure the new DW would fit as it has a "tall" tub. It will.

I'm reading the installation guide for the new DW. Yeah, I'm one of those guys that reads the directions. It minimizes the odds that I'll screw something up and have to call a professional. I'm just smart enough to screw it up regardless so one step at a time.

Taking out the old one was tedious though not overly difficult. A surprising amount of smelly water in there that spilled out onto the kitchen floor. I thought I had turned off the power and was reminded with fireworks that I hadn't when I tried to cut the power line.

The first thing I did was measure the opening to ensure the new DW would fit as it has a "tall" tub. It will.

Good luck Andy! It sounds like you've got it well in hand. I hope the rest of the installation goes smoothly and you complete it well.

Good luck Andy! It sounds like you've got it well in hand. I hope the rest of the installation goes smoothly and you complete it well.

Thanks, Tim. It's always an adventure. As I get older and fatter, it get harder to do the things I used to do.

Thanks, Tim. It's always an adventure. As I get older and fatter, it get harder to do the things I used to do.

In a couple more years your grandson can do it and you can supervise.

For me plumbing was always tough until I found the Teflon tape.

Now I'm a master plumber! :ROFLMAO:

Cutting wires? :huh:

Good luck with your project.

Back
Top Bottom