What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't they teach you that in school? I would think with your training, you'd be able to do some sort of "short-sheeting" technique that would roll him out without waking him up...

Didn't they teach you that in school? I would think with your training, you'd be able to do some sort of "short-sheeting" technique that would roll him out without waking him up...

Oh, I can make and take apart a bed with someone in it. The question is can I do it without waking him up. That's a lot of rolling...might make him seasick.:rolleyes:

He woke up in time...now I have to get up the energy to just get it done.:angel:

Still working on what has become a long-term project. When we moved the last of my things here just before Halloween, our breezeway looked like we were either moving in or moving out. Boxes, boxes, boxes....

Well, at least, we can now walk through the breezeway and the boxes are organized so I can manage what's left to either put away, give away, sell, or throw away.

Some of what's taken the longest is all the Christmas stuff. There was plenty I brought with me that I'd accumulated over the years. Now, with the remainder brought in October, there are all the decorations we had/used at the shop. Holy cow! What a pile!!

But, looks like I'll have it fully in hand by the end of today. Then I can concentrate on "plain ole stuff." There's a boatload of that, too.

How does one accumulate so much? Not any more. I've become quite the "thrower outer."

I'm working on three proposals. It is too cold to go upstairs and work in the back bedroom. I'm going to have to get in there before next week--my "warm" weather clothes are there and I need to find stuff to wear while in TX. Not to mention, decide which suitcase to take.

I'm sitting here, having a glass of wine. Husband and doggie are out for a walk, so am enjoying the peace (husband turns on TV when he wakes, off when he goes to bed at night. As soon as he steps out the door I turn it off and either listen to music (if I've got a chore or am reading) or blessed silence (if I'm on the computer).

Well, I went to bed at 7 a.m. Was in a deep sound sleep. Son #2 calls. Stopping by, needs to use the outhouse. That means I have to wake up and go open the side door for him. Still sleeping on my feet. Get halfway to door, someone let him in. Go back to bed. Just dozing off again. Daughter stops by to see new chair (Xmas present from son #3) Brings me a very large jar filled with pennies to roll. Dishes and containers that I had sent her food on. She wants to chat. I am standing there going, "Huh? What? Huh? Huh? I am trying to be polite and not ask her to leave. She finally leaves. Oh good! Back to sleep. Phone rings. Son #2. Saw daughter coming in. Wanted to know if I was able to get back to bed yet. FORGET IT! I am up for the day. I am just trying to figure out if the world or my kids are against me. It could be both. I can take care of the kids. (The urge to kill some days is very strong.) But taking on the world, I will have to wake up first. Huh? What? :(

CHAPTER TWO - I call son #1. Tell him I need half and half. I didn't expect him right away. Ten minutes go by. So far I have washed my face, and blown my nose. Oh my! Another nose bleed. Only this one is really good. Check my blood pressure. WAY to low! Son walks in with half and half. Wants to know why is my nose bleeding so heavily. I ask him to do a couple of things for me. Like close the dang window so that I don't have the north wind blowing in full force. Something management should, but doesn't take care off. All the windows in this building need some WD40 treatment or graphite on the window tracks. I could ask my son to do it for me, but why should I. And what about the other 39 apartments? Who is going to do it for them? Let's see what happens in the spring when it is time to open the windows again. Tune in at 11. Picture and more news.

Oh dear. I need to go back to sleep. I am getting bitchy. But I did get all of the kitchen cleaned last night. Son #1 will be back tomorrow and I am sure son #2 also. Will I ever get a full sleep without being woken up? :ohmy:

Last edited:
CHAPTER TWO - I call son #1. Tell him I need half and half. I didn't expect him right away. Ten minutes go by. So far I have washed my face, and blown my nose. Oh my! Another nose bleed. Only this one is really good. Check my blood pressure. WAY to low! Son walks in with half and half. Wants to know why is my nose bleeding so heavily. I ask him to do a couple of things for me. Like close the dang window so that I don't have the north wind blowing in full force. Something management should, but doesn't take care off. All the windows in this building need some WD40 treatment or graphite on the window tracks. I could ask my son to do it for me, but why should I. And what about the other 39 apartments? Who is going to do it for them? Let's see what happens in the spring when it is time to open the windows again. Tune in at 11. Picture and more news.

Oh dear. I need to go back to sleep. I am getting bitchy. But I did get all of the kitchen cleaned last night. Son #1 will be back tomorrow and I am sure son #2 also. Will I ever get a full sleep without being woken up? :ohmy:

It does seem that sometimes life hates us. We all have days like that. Don't let it get you down, Addie. I usually find it comical after I get good and mad and then I start laughing at the situation. I sure hope the nose bleed got under control. Is your humidity really low? In Nevada, I would get them when the humidity got very low and my blood pressure was too high.

I hope things are looking better for you now.

Ask your Druggist or Dr. about Ponaris. My mom used to get nose bleeds in the winter due to the dry air and the ponaris cleared them up like magic. In this area you don't need a prescription but they keep it behind the counter in the pharmacy.

WEll, I have given up on the idea of getting anymore sleep. And the nose is under control. When my blood pressure drops, I get the bleeds. Nothing new. And I have a pan of water sitting on very low on the stove. We have forced hot air, and it gets so dry in this apartment. The pan of water makes all the difference. It is my big stock pan and I check it every time I go into the kitchen. So it never gets too low. I pulled out my high blood pressure pill from my night meds.

I am in a much better mood now. And I didn't have to kill any of my kids. :)

not much , no water til about an hour ago. no notice, must have been a break. they keep just patching and not really fixing it. no water about ten times last year. this does not bode well for the new. they took phone off hook at office. cowards. finally just took a nap. didn't sleep but headache went away. i have blood sugar that are going to low with this diet. whole day has made me grumpy. cloudy, cold, very little rain. oh dear, i sound like a shrew.

I am curious about how you do that?

I run ice cubes or citrus peels through mine.

I buy a product in the store that is called Willert Garbage Disposal Cleaner. It cleans and deodorizes at the same time. It works really good. And to clean the dishwasher, I use a product called Finish, it is made especially just to clean the dishwasher. It is not the dishwasher detergent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom