What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3:00pm est today, dr. phil (i know, i know) will be interviewing survivors from the shipwrecked italian cruise ship, concordia. i think a couple from virginia will be on. it will be interesting to hear what they have to say about the ship's captain, who is being widely vilified in the news for "abandoning ship".....

Last edited:
What am I doing? I have been playing with my brand spanking new Shark Series S3101 Steam Cleaner. I am a happy camper. I didn't need the vacuum since my kitchen is so small. And with just three pushes of my push broom, it gets up all the crumbs. And I have one of those dustpans with a long handle so I don't have to bend over. Without that, The pile of dirt would just have to keep building up until I could get someone to pick it up for me. :):):)

What am I doing? I have been playing with my brand spanking new Shark Series S3101 Steam Cleaner. I am a happy camper. I didn't need the vacuum since my kitchen is so small. And with just three pushes of my push broom, it gets up all the crumbs. And I have one of those dustpans with a long handle so I don't have to bend over. Without that, The pile of dirt would just have to keep building up until I could get someone to pick it up for me. :):):)

Good for you, Addie! Let me know how it works for you! I'm thinking seriously of buying one also!

Good for you, Addie! Let me know how it works for you! I'm thinking seriously of buying one also!

The first thing I tested it on was an ugly black rubber scuff mark. Had to go over it a couple of times, but it worked just fine. This will become my go-to for a quick pick-up or for spilt food. :):)

rock, you have a dazzling snowblinding-bright future in your charts--just seize it with both arms and don't let go!! if you believe in yourself even half as much as those who know and love you best, there's nothing in the world that can stop you in achieving your dreams. you will bring your own luck to your quest--you have my best wishes as well as those of your dc family, which you serve so generously and so well.... :)

I am doing some research for my College application. It is starting to look like this might actually happen.....wish me luck

I know what Son #3 went through everytime he was applying. And to apply for Yale Medical? OMG! They wanted everything including the blood of my first born along with the wing of a bat, the eye of a newt, his CORY, my CORY and three bows to the east. So I will have you in my thoughts every day until we hear you were accepted to the school of your choice. Good Luck! :flowers:

My youngest son had a close call early (5:45 am) yesterday. On his way to work, right ahead of him there was a three car accident. Thank goodness he was not following to close. He said that it looked like it was in slow motion. He got out of his car and made sure that everyone was alright. They were all shook up but no injury's. All of their air bags went off. He then called 911 and thank goodness their were there in a matter of minutes. He then got a call from his wife and she was sitting in traffic for over an hour and a half because of another crash on the bypass. I am so grateful that they were alright, but my heart goes out to the other victims. I sure wish that everyone would slow down and not follow so close.

managed to do nothing but play on the web today. something is wrong with my vacuum. by the time i gave up with it. was to tired to do with my smaller one. looking for wallpaper and project on line. i love doing that, think i found a wallpaper i might like, i think it was at Lowe's. we will see, may just paint the wall, wallpaper is really expensive.

Couldn't sleep... woke up about 2 hours ago...tossed and turned...couldn't drift off so I'm on here keeping quiet until a decent hour to get up and make coffee.

I got up a half hour or so. Husband groggily said, water. Huh? started to hand him the water bottle I keep at my bedside. I was pretty sure he had one on his side as well. "No, run water" After 30+ years together, I got it. Our downstairs bathroom gets very cold, and although we didn't turn down the thermostat last night, the pipes do freeze easily. So running some water (I usually do it by tossing in a load of washing) during the coldest hours of the day (now) keeps everything copacetic.

It is now 4:30 and my dog just came down for a hug. Weird. She almost always comes down with me in my insomnia moments, goes out to do her business, I give her a milk bone, and she goes back to bed with husband, who usually wakes around 8. I got up around 3:30, we did our routine, she went back to bed .... but just came down to hug me and went back to bed. What a dog.

My youngest son had a close call early (5:45 am) yesterday. On his way to work, right ahead of him there was a three car accident. Thank goodness he was not following to close. He said that it looked like it was in slow motion. He got out of his car and made sure that everyone was alright. They were all shook up but no injury's. All of their air bags went off. He then called 911 and thank goodness their were there in a matter of minutes. He then got a call from his wife and she was sitting in traffic for over an hour and a half because of another crash on the bypass. I am so grateful that they were alright, but my heart goes out to the other victims. I sure wish that everyone would slow down and not follow so close.
I'm glad your family is okay. Mark went out yesterday to try to find firewood and was stuck in traffic. He saw a few accidents. My thoughts are with those people that had trouble.

Yeah, there were a lot of accidents around here yesterday, with all the snow. We'd made a point of getting out when we heard the prediction. It wasn't panic buying like some do; I keep a pretty full pantry. But I wanted to by stamps (for U.S. members, you know why), get what fresh food we need, and get my dress coat out of the cleaners. Yesterday was all about the snow.

Back
Top Bottom