What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have fun Andy!...if it gets too hot, just holler, I have plenty of snow!!!

We are starting to smell brownies for Shrek's Birthday Eve...

getting ready to wrap up the day. spent a lot of time on line looking for recipes on the two sites you gals found for me. found one or two that i will make. mexican chili soup for one. took a nap, read, watched a movie,"saving private ryan" that's about it. not very constructive but nice.

Lovely sunny day, but very very blustery. Guess this is the tail of the storm that moved through here last night. Although, we didn't get much more than some strong winds and brief heavy rain. In fact, we're wondering what all the hullabaloo from the weatherman was all about.

Glenn has a dental appointment this morning. Oh, joy! An old filling decided to make its exit. Happy Monday!

I've planned my day around plowing through a large portion of all the boxes still in the breezeway. My goal is to have everything out of the breezeway by the end of the month. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get it all done. But, I've been eating the elephant...one bite at a time.

Last edited:
I'm stuffing chorizo and curry sausage into casings before my ride arrives at noon. Bag is packed, if I don't have enough underwear packed, I'll survive. More importantly, I have all my purple clothes packed, and 2 pairs of purple shoes.

I'm stuffing chorizo and curry sausage into casings before my ride arrives at noon. Bag is packed, if I don't have enough underwear packed, I'll survive. More importantly, I have all my purple clothes packed, and 2 pairs of purple shoes.

I'd have to take my whole closet and dresser to pack all my purple clothes...you can always buy more underwear, anywhere:LOL:

PrincessFiona60 said:
I'd have to take my whole closet and dresser to pack all my purple clothes...you can always buy more underwear, anywhere:LOL:

My mom loves purple. I had some jewelry made for her for Christmas, when my friend asked what color scheme, I said "it has to be purple"!

I also got her some beautiful purple suede gloves and earmuffs.

Did someone mention purple? :rolleyes:

I got my love for purple from my paternal grandmother. She didn't wear it but collected all things purple (and I got most of them when she passed away). I wore purple before it was cool to do so, but I didn't care!

I no longer have a purple coat and boots but I loved them. It was a double breasted trench coat; the boots were knee high and laced up one side.

Much of my wardrobe is purple and teal and friends and family are constantly giving me purple things!

My dog is named Violet, and while it honestly had nothing to do with my love of purple, she seems to have a purple collar, leash, dog dishes, fleece blanket.....:angel:

What am I doing? Running behind schedule! :wacko:

I got up late and can't seem to get going with the day even though I have lots on the agenda. I have to get a prescription filled for Dad that they don't have at the hospital, deliver it to the hospital pharmacy, visit Dad, talk to the doctor/charge nurse to see if he is being transferred to rehab and when.

Then I have to make a Costco run, pick up some items from a cake I did last weekend, reschedule a meeting with a bride that I had to cancel last week, and sort through all the stuff that has been accumulating on my desk!

Then I get to relax and watch Top Chef! :)

Got back from the eye doctor, have cataracts forming, but not a problem, yet. Retinas look good, no diabetic changes. And I was able to get new lenses with Transitions and frames. Now if my pupils would just cooperate...:blink:

Got back from the eye doctor, have cataracts forming, but not a problem, yet. Retinas look good, no diabetic changes. And I was able to get new lenses with Transitions and frames. Now if my pupils would just cooperate...:blink:

I am glad everything checked out for you PF!

I tried transitions lenses but part of my problem is my eyes don't change focus properly between light and dark, far and near. Between my peripheral lenses and the transitions I was getting bad dizzy spells so I had to get new lenses without Transitions. Since it was the eye doctor that suggested it to my and I bought the glasses from him, he gave me new lenses and deducted the price of the Transitions. Normally if you have gotten a feature on your lenses and change your mind they will replace them for free but not return the cost of the feature - that's here anyway and not just at the one office.

I need new lenses and frames and now that we finally have extended medical I can get them! :cool:

I am glad everything checked out for you PF!

I tried transitions lenses but part of my problem is my eyes don't change focus properly between light and dark, far and near. Between my peripheral lenses and the transitions I was getting bad dizzy spells so I had to get new lenses without Transitions. Since it was the eye doctor that suggested it to my and I bought the glasses from him, he gave me new lenses and deducted the price of the Transitions. Normally if you have gotten a feature on your lenses and change your mind they will replace them for free but not return the cost of the feature - that's here anyway and not just at the one office.

I need new lenses and frames and now that we finally have extended medical I can get them! :cool:

I always had photo-gray when I was a kid and got out of having it when I had to start buying my own glasses. I got some single vision sunglasses a couple of years ago and they were a PITA. So this time I had it added in and told them to put it on Shrek's credit card:) They were still cheaper than a lot of the glasses I've purchased over the years.

J have had transition lenses for eons. I am on my fifth or sixth pair now. I will be getting new lenses in March and they too will be transitions. I love them and never notice when they change. :chef:

Trying to get over a cold. My nose was so stuffy about 1:00am that I got out of bed and heated up a pan of water so I could breathe in the steam vapors. It did help, thank goodness. Feeling a little better today.

I'm not sure what I'm doing today. The weather looks palatable, I'm feeling well and healthy, my girls are both home today...gotta do SOMETHING.

Sitting here in painful discomfort. I picked up a set of Kettle Bells a few days ago with a gift certificate my mother gave me for xmas. I have done a couple of days of workouts with then and I seem to be seized up. They really make you use muscles you never knew you had.

Somebody said to me once "The reason I exercise is because it feels good when I stop"

Cleaning the house. I have a bad habit of putting things down where ever I finish using them. 96% humidity out there today and also in the house due to the windows being open with fans in them.

I worked up a good sweat vacuuming. Whew! Am I glad that's over!

Back
Top Bottom