What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope you are feeling better soon.

I am trying to decide what to make for supper....
Maybe this new mexican place that just opened up.

Thanks, learning Semaphore! Or maybe it's just flapping my arms at Shrek to get his attention...:LOL:

God bedring (Danish for good bettering)

Good thing you translated, I thought you had a cold in your fingers...

Thanks, TL!

This morning, I updated my freezer inventory to add all the meats I bought yesterday.

I like having it separated by type of meats and have finished dinners in their own category, along with a list of veggies and a really long list of "Other".

I ate breakfast, and planned lunch and dinner.

I'll be working on my "Home Sweet Home" needlepoint wall hanging and reading.

Not much kitchen work today. I just have to strip the pork roast and freeze in dinner size portions. I'll use the bone in my next bean stew.

Finally got out of the house today, been trying to get over this cold my DH was kind enough to give me. Took some books back to the library and went to the grocery store. Just got done putting some sloppy joe mix in the crock pot for supper. This afternoon I am just going to read my book (Ammie Come Home by Barbara Michaels) and sip some nice hot tea.

Just finished cleaning up the pots, etc. from the chicken stock I made yesterday. I let it cool overnight so the fat could surface. This morning, I strained it and ended up with 7 beautiful pints of nice, rich homemade chicken stock. It will live in the freezer until it gets called into service.

Next I'm going to ready things for a weekend visit from my oldest son and his new lady. They live in Atlanta and on Tuesday night my son called and asked if we were up for some weekend company. Well, of course. I'll never turn down a visit from any of my children.

I've already planned our meals, so all that's left to do is to ready their room and box up some things I've been accumulating for him that I'd planned to mail/ship to him. Now I won't have to and I can add to the collection. Yeah!!!! I also told him to bring along a cooler because I planned to send him home with some of mom's home cooking. Can you tell I'm excited?!

And I have to go to a meeting tonight. A very boring meeting. A meeting I wish I could miss. A meeting where I have to give a report on. :(

waiting for granddaughter , she is taking me on short visit to grocery store. i am out of fruit and popcorn. two staples in my diet. interviewed a lady for cleaning my house. she is my next door neighbor's sister. looks good. worked on line on my grocery list. worked up a list for books and phoned the mail library. they are on their way. read a bit, that's about it.

Magical thinking, eh?

I'm wondering what will happen if I fail to do some of the things I do that are not in my job description. I bet I do at least three hours of work a week in small things for the Director of Nursing.:ermm:

I won't be shorting my patients.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Busy day at work, got the news that I had to cut 8 hours a week...not my work load, just my hours.

What?!? Insanity. So sorry, PF.

Got to go out of town to sit through an all day training with 45 of my closest friends and hear all about stuff we'd previously learned in grad school. And we get to go back tomorrow and do it again! Oh joy oh rapture.

I'm wondering what will happen if I fail to do some of the things I do that are not in my job description. I bet I do at least three hours of work a week in small things for the Director of Nursing.:ermm:

I won't be shorting my patients.

You are in a business notorious for balancing the budget by getting kind hearted people to pick up the slack. If this is a trend in your current job maybe it is time to move on and get a fresh start in a new environment. Don't let them guilt you into sacrificing your own financial well being. This impacts not only your weekly earnings but also your own health, future retirement benefits etc... You also have an Ogre to think about. It is a trap!

What?!? Insanity. So sorry, PF.

Got to go out of town to sit through an all day training with 45 of my closest friends and hear all about stuff we'd previously learned in grad school. And we get to go back tomorrow and do it again! Oh joy oh rapture.

When the medicare paperwork gets backed up and not being submitted in a timely manner, I think the Administrator might see things differently.

PrincessFiona60 said:
When the medicare paperwork gets backed up and not being submitted in a timely manner, I think the Administrator might see things differently.

Sure hope so. That's just crazy!

Back
Top Bottom