What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wathching Jaques Pepin on his new show while drinking my first cup of coffee. And I think my cold has started to turn the corner. I am on the second half on my fourteen days of my cold. :ermm:

Wathching Jaques Pepin on his new show while drinking my first cup of coffee. And I think my cold has started to turn the corner. I am on the second half on my fourteen days of my cold. :ermm:

I enjoy his show!

He has so much training and experience that he cooks as effortlessly and naturally as most people breathe.

I enjoy his show!

He has so much training and experience that he cooks as effortlessly and naturally as most people breathe.

For a number of years he headed and taught at Boston University in their Culinary School. He always had a waiting list of students who wanted to learn from him. Great teacher. Lots of patience with the students. He stood by when his students made mistakes and learn from them. Then he would go back in and show them what they did wrong and the right way to do it. He is also very free with praise when you do it right. Excellent teacher. :chef::chef:

i see a cup of coffee in the next half hour. starting to drag. few odds and ends in housework. mostly just picking up the house. thomas knocked several stacks of fabric out of the cabinet, i keep it in. pick up and refold. he sleeps in the cabinet during the day. knit a bit and of course read.

Well, I tried to rest. Read one page of my book. Couldn't concentrate. So I got up, made a cup of coffee, checked the pot roast. I have some dishes and silverware in the sink that needs to be cleaned. I think I will take care of that. I haven't been out of my apartment for more than two weeks now. I need to get downstairs and check my mailbox before the mailman reports me for having a stuffed mail box. There is nothing wrong with having a stuffed mail box, but they are trained to take notice when elderly don't pick up their mail. It is usually a sign that something is wrong. I have gone paperless and don't get any mail at all at the end of the month. Mostly junk mail. But that can build up fast. :chef:

i see a cup of coffee in the next half hour. starting to drag. few odds and ends in housework. mostly just picking up the house. thomas knocked several stacks of fabric out of the cabinet, i keep it in. pick up and refold. he sleeps in the cabinet during the day. knit a bit and of course read.

I hope Thomas is one of your four legged friends. :ohmy:

Well, I tried to rest. Read one page of my book. Couldn't concentrate. So I got up, made a cup of coffee, checked the pot roast. I have some dishes and silverware in the sink that needs to be cleaned. I think I will take care of that. I haven't been out of my apartment for more than two weeks now. I need to get downstairs and check my mailbox before the mailman reports me for having a stuffed mail box. There is nothing wrong with having a stuffed mail box, but they are trained to take notice when elderly don't pick up their mail. It is usually a sign that something is wrong. I have gone paperless and don't get any mail at all at the end of the month. Mostly junk mail. But that can build up fast. :chef:

Addie,

Where my mom lived the residents association made door tags similar to the do not disturb signs in a hotel. If you did not reach out and flip it by a certain time each day they would send a posse after you. It kept everyone griping, so that they knew they were ok!:LOL:

I've been trying to find out what this Inspect Element Q is on my Firefox browser. Google doesn't direct me to any site that explains it. Most of the selections are just confusing.

Does anyone know what this is and why I should have the option when I right click?

I've been trying to find out what this Inspect Element Q is on my Firefox browser. Google doesn't direct me to any site that explains it. Most of the selections are just confusing.

Does anyone know what this is and why I should have the option when I right click?

That menu item is a route to a debugging tool that is used by Developers and programmers to avoid buggy Java script using Opera Dragonfly. "Item Q" is whatever object is selected for Opera Dragonfly to debug. Here's a link to a description of Opera Dragonfly:

Opera Dragonfly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:ROFLMAO: Harrison fan?

Oh, yeah. Miss him. I'm glad to see Ringo still truckin' along. I heard a bit of trivia about Paul the other day -- that while the Beatles were pumping out records he could, and would, play nearly any instrument that he liked. And I still tear up when I hear "Imagine."

Finally did that dreaded chore today - got the medical, dental, etc. totals together for tax time. I guess I'm finished until I submit the stuff to my tax lady and she nicely points out to me what I forgot this time.

most of day spent putting large grocery shopping away. spent some time on line buying stuff for my house and a couple bday gifts. really got a bargain on two sofa pillows at amazon for 16.00 that included tx and shipping. boy! i love a bargain. getting ready to pack it in and read.

I am relaxing after a day of cleaning, homework (from chronic pain program), visiting Dad, picking up his prescriptions and a humidifier for his room, buying dog food (had a really cute young guy, who didn't work there, take it out to my car so I wouldn't have to use a buggy and take it back to the store.... sometimes I love my cane :angel:), and grocery shopping.

Oh, yeah. Miss him. I'm glad to see Ringo still truckin' along. I heard a bit of trivia about Paul the other day -- that while the Beatles were pumping out records he could, and would, play nearly any instrument that he liked. And I still tear up when I hear "Imagine."

Finally did that dreaded chore today - got the medical, dental, etc. totals together for tax time. I guess I'm finished until I submit the stuff to my tax lady and she nicely points out to me what I forgot this time.

I miss Harrison, too!

My taxes are just waiting for me. Have to get on Shrek's computer and download our pharmacy records. That's is, all of it is ready, I just have to plug TurboTax in...:rolleyes: I'm the only hold-up.:LOL:

I am relaxing after a day of cleaning, homework (from chronic pain program), visiting Dad, picking up his prescriptions and a humidifier for his room, buying dog food (had a really cute young guy, who didn't work there, take it out to my car so I wouldn't have to use a buggy and take it back to the store.... sometimes I love my cane :angel:), and grocery shopping.

Milking the cane, huh?? :LOL:

I dyed my hair because some fella, older than me, carried all my laundry and soap into the laundromat, he thought I needed the help...

When Son #3 graduated from Yale Medical School, Paul was there to receive an Honorary title of something. Tony Blair's son was also graduating. Between Paul and Tony, the security was incredible. You weren't allowed to take any pics until the program was almost over. By then Tony and his son had left. :(

Back
Top Bottom