What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have another donut shop up on Route One called Kanes. It has been featured sevral times on national TV. They bake everything. And their giant cinnamon roll is to die for. :yum:

I have once again found something to keep my attention so I can avoid the taxes...eating grapes.

Earlier it was reading medical records for a court case coming up. That killed 2 hours...

My girlfriend in Atlanta, reads medical records for insurance companies and then predicts when they will die. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if that's worse than my nephew harvesting eyeballs. But it is creepy to think someone out there is looking at my records and telling my insurance companies not to insure me!

You can read my medical records anytime. I want out of there as fast as possible. :ermm:

I really don't think we would have problems with getting you out of there...you'd be arranging wheelchair races and egging on the others to mischief...short sheeting beds...

I really don't think we would have problems with getting you out of there...you'd be arranging wheelchair races and egging on the others to mischief...short sheeting beds...
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If they couldn't move their own wheelchair, I would help them. Is there a cliff nearby? :ermm:

I could program the elevator to stop between floors right around meal time. I could get every one up at 4 a.m. so the night shift would have something to do. How about pulling the fire alarm in the middle of the night. Shall I continue? :ermm:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If they couldn't move their own wheelchair, I would help them. Is there a cliff nearby? :ermm:

I could program the elevator to stop between floors right around meal time. I could get every one up at 4 a.m. so the night shift would have something to do. How about pulling the fire alarm in the middle of the night. Shall I continue? :ermm:

Memo to self: Addie does NOT need a nursing home...send her direct to REHAB!!! At the Hospital.:ROFLMAO:

I bought some Restaurant black pepper this morning. It says on the label that it is ground slightly coarser then Ground black pepper, "eliminating dust". I hope now that my DH is not sneezing so much every time he uses pepper. (Which he uses a lot of).

I am sitting here recording movie and stage tracks to my compter. I just finished cleaning the dishes. Next is the floor. I did the stove and fridge. I would like to know where I got all this energy. I would go there every day and get some. I had to stop as usual. Let tell you getting old is hard work. I keep having to stop because I am out of breath or in pain. Today it is pain. I would like to do just one chore without stopping to rest in the middle of it.:mad:

I bought some Restaurant black pepper this morning. It says on the label that it is ground slightly coarser then Ground black pepper, "eliminating dust". I hope now that my DH is not sneezing so much every time he uses pepper. (Which he uses a lot of).

You might also try Mrs. Dash Original. I bought it as a salt substitute, but it is actually many different types of cracked pepper. It's delicious.

I especially love it when frying an egg. The smell of the pepper toasting is wonderful, and it doesn't make me sneeze (often).

You might also try Mrs. Dash Original. I bought it as a salt substitute, but it is actually many different types of cracked pepper. It's delicious.

I especially love it when frying an egg. The smell of the pepper toasting is wonderful, and it doesn't make me sneeze (often).

Thanks for the suggestion about the pepper. I use a lot of Mrs. Dash's Tomato Basil Garlic seasonings on our pizza's.

I'm following Julia Child's recipe from The Way to Cook, for beef stock. I gave in and paid $3.99/kg (~$1.80/lb) for beef bones.

I'm following Julia Child's recipe from The Way to Cook, for beef stock. I gave in and paid $3.99/kg (~$1.80/lb) for beef bones.

That's not a bad price if you got ones with marrow in them. And if they were big ones. I love the smell of them roasting in the oven. Sometimes my butcher will give me a bunch of leg bones for free. I would be lost if I had to depend on my local supermarket for my meat and bones. I may have to pay a few more cents for going to a small butcher shop, but the quality is so much better. The one thing I won't buy is ground meat. You have no way of knowing what was the last meat ground. And there is always leftover residual meat left in the grinder. I buy a London broil or a piece of nice chuck and grind it at home. I first put it through the large holes, then through the smaller ones. Worth the effort. :yum::yum:

I got it because I choked on coffee a couple days ago...now that is REALLY silly.

I'm still ambulatory, not doing too bad. Just have this nasty cough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom