What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Things I have fished out of my toilet drain when my kids were young.
Wash cloth.
Half a roll of toilet paper.
Ghost Buster plastic toy from Mcdonald's Happy Meal
Donatello, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle action figure

I just have to worry about what the other condo owners put down our shared-to-the-street sewer line. Last time the plumber found a disposable diaper. Flooded my basement. yuck.

Here is my puppy :)
2agmfc.jpg

Last edited:
DH found a small lump on the beagle. He thought it was a wart. Upon flashlight inspection, it turned out to be a white tick! I removed and incinerated the tick, and beagle has been Frontlined and Heartguarded. She is now Frontlining the couch and carpet.

I get complacent in the winter with Frontlining. With the weather as warm as it has been, I need to be more careful! The little beasties are out there!

Last edited:
Sitting here in my pajamas.....drinking apple juice and looking over the forum. Pondering the next project which will be removing a clean-out plug..... but will more than likely involve pulling a toilet to see what the Gkids have flushed to cause major blockage. So, uh.......anyone wanna help??

Nope! I did my stint as an apartment manager, will never clean out another plugged toilet! Thanks for trying to keep me busy, though...

Just got back from the hospital to see dh's aunt. Skated all over outside it's so icey. It's really thundering & lightening out there tonight, should make for an intersting commute to work.

i've always liked to add a few tomato slices to my grilled cheese sandwiches. today, having no tomatoes on hand, i used a thin layer of medium strength salsa instead. WOW!! a flavor explosion of tomatoey cheese like i've never tasted before in a garden variety grilled cheese sammy! salsa tastes even better than fresh tomatoes in this case, strange but true....

Not so strange, Vit. I've been discovering more ways to use salsa. It's better than catsup. Mixed with tomato juice or V8 it makes a really delicious and easy gazpacho. I'll definitely try it on grilled cheese, now that you've given me the idea. Thanks!

Weather is so miserable, can't go outside for wind and snow, so I've been working on this quilt top. (note: I'm not a quilter, but wanted to challenge my brain as it usually goes into coma in wintertime).

Finished the squares and rectangles, fused a 'hibiscus flower' pattern onto each one, then machine-embroidered around each. Many steps yet to go before this is completed. Am enjoying each step.

I laid it out on our big bed, to take a pic so I can sew it all together in the proper order. Colorful, isn't it?

QuiltTopBedRt.JPG

I've been making grilled cheese with thinly sliced onion and salsa on whole grain bread since 1995. I know that, because DH doesn't like tomato and I moved in here in 1995. I used to make them with thinly sliced onion and tomato on whole grain bread. I learned that variation in 1974 at a tiny lunch counter. It was called an Alphonse special.

dump a half jar of salsa into the pot while making spare ribs, sauerkraut and potatoes, and you'll have folks who thought they hated sauerkraut come begging you for the recipe.... :)

i just love cooking with salsa--it makes me look good....:chef:

Last edited:
The problem with store bought salsa is the salt content. Look at the label. It's shocking. Mine has 11% of the daily recommended sodium in 2 tablespoons. That's what, the amount I dip with 4-6 chips?

The problem with store bought salsa is the salt content. Look at the label. It's shocking. Mine has 11% of the daily recommended sodium in 2 tablespoons. That's what, the amount I dip with 4-6 chips?

I like salsa with scrambled eggs. I took a look at the locally made refrigerated ones. Looked at the ingredients. One had cilantro and salt as the first two ingredients. Passed that one over real quick. Had a hard time finding one that listed tomatoes as the first ingredient. And salt and cilantro were the last two ingredients listed. Found one that was listed as mild. Not bad. And it is made in the next town over. So I know it is fresh. But the best part is that there was just a little heat to it. Something I have to watch out for. Tummy doesn't like it really hot. I found a winner. :yum:

Have the new TV hooked up, still trying to figure out which remote does what now. For some reason we can't get the volume adjusted with the universal cable remote. Next is to figure out what type of voodoo or rain dance we have to perform to play a DVD. Old TV went to Goodwill. We ended up with a 42 inch, I'm glad I was able to talk Shrek into that as an upper limit to TV size.

Congrats!

Press the TV button on the Uni remote then try the vol. adj.

Thanks, Andy!

Just now tried it, still doesn't work. Shrek doesn't mind, he likes having all the remotes. Ultimate control of everything...except me!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom