What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everything else works. I'll take a look at it when he wanders off. The Uni is what comes with the cable box.

The instructions for the remote should tell you how to do it.

If all else fails, call the cable company to tell you what to do and make them earn the money you pay them.

Okay, got it fixed. Ran it through the paces for programming and it's all good now. Had to fiddle a bit before I remembered how to do it.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Okay, got it fixed. Ran it through the paces for programming and it's all good now. Had to fiddle a bit before I remembered how to do it.

Yay! Sometimes a hard reset works, push the little red button on the unit, or pull the card, then put it back.

Soma said:
Weather is so miserable, can't go outside for wind and snow, so I've been working on this quilt top. (note: I'm not a quilter, but wanted to challenge my brain as it usually goes into coma in wintertime).

Finished the squares and rectangles, fused a 'hibiscus flower' pattern onto each one, then machine-embroidered around each. Many steps yet to go before this is completed. Am enjoying each step.

I laid it out on our big bed, to take a pic so I can sew it all together in the proper order. Colorful, isn't it?

Whoa, Soma! What a pretty quilt!

Thanks, Andy!

Just now tried it, still doesn't work. Shrek doesn't mind, he likes having all the remotes. Ultimate control of everything...except me!:LOL:

Look on the back of the cable provider remote, on the back, there should be a www site that you can refer to, and point you in the right direction of getting things programmed properly. I know where your DH is coming from, but that gets SO old after a while. One remote, for all devices, is the best way to go. Also, it takes away the frustration say if you just wanna come in, plop on the couch, watch some tele, but don't want to feel like you need a degree in electronics to just watch the tv, and adjust the volume accordingly.

Look on the back of the cable provider remote, on the back, there should be a www site that you can refer to, and point you in the right direction of getting things programmed properly. I know where your DH is coming from, but that gets SO old after a while. One remote, for all devices, is the best way to go. Also, it takes away the frustration say if you just wanna come in, plop on the couch, watch some tele, but don't want to feel like you need a degree in electronics to just watch the tv, and adjust the volume accordingly.

With our cable remote, we got a six page booklet for the directions. Once we figured it out, we now only need the one remote. I can control the cable box, the TV and the DVD player with it. :wacko:

With our cable remote, we got a six page booklet for the directions. Once we figured it out, we now only need the one remote. I can control the cable box, the TV and the DVD player with it. :wacko:

I have a remote for my condo. Not only the tv/media center, but ac/heat, blinds, lights. . . and with my app, I can do all the stuff when I am not even home. Is it overkill? I suppose. Is it neat-o? YES! I am just a technophile, and love me my gadgets. It has proven good for energy savings, as all my lights go off at a predetermined time, my heat/ac shuts down 30min after leaving, and comes back to life 30min prior to arrival.

if anyone is in the market for a new TV, I HIGHLY suggest the Samsung line of smart Tv's. I love it's all around usefulness, it is DLNA compatible, it has netflix, blockbuster, and Samsungs own on demand entertainment program. . .world wide TV via Internet, just SO much more than a "TV", imo. . .and it 60inch display is mesmerizing.

Last edited:
I have a cell phone. It doesn't do anything except let me make phone calls. I presently have accumulated more than 1300 roll over minutes. I get 60 minutes a month. That should give you an idea of how much I use it. My calls can be timed for seconds which is how long my calls last. I use it to find my son in the supermarket. "Where are you? I am at register 25 ready to check out.. Bye." That is a long call for me.

Have the new TV hooked up, still trying to figure out which remote does what now. For some reason we can't get the volume adjusted with the universal cable remote. Next is to figure out what type of voodoo or rain dance we have to perform to play a DVD.
We had the same problem with our cable remote. Are you by chance running the sound through one of the other devices (for example, some DVD/BluRay players also include a built-in surround sound system)? I never was able to get the TV and sound system to work together.

We ended up having to buy a Logitech Harmony remote. It isn't 100% perfect, but it does control every single device we own.

Addie said:
I am awake and up. You can start cooking. Two waffles please with real maple syrup and butter. Thank you. :angel:

Get on over here. We have bacon, sausage and home fries too. Milk, grapefruit juice and orange juice to drink. Choice of maple syrup or wild honey to go with the waffles.

Experimenting with pineapple syrup. I threw skins and core into a pot with water, sugar, and agave syrup, BTB, and RTS. Smells really good. I may throw in a hunk of ginger.

Get on over here. We have bacon, sausage and home fries too. Milk, grapefruit juice and orange juice to drink. Choice of maple syrup or wild honey to go with the waffles.

Oh Dear! My mouth is salivating. I need to get a tissue to catch the drool. I love a good breakfast. Unfortunately, I never make one for myself. But any time I go out for breakfast, I order a good one. That is one meal where I really try to clean my plate. I will even eat white toast if wheat or rye is not available. But breakfast tastes even better when it is for supper. :yum::yum:

Back
Top Bottom